Sheahan's end of season top 50

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Sheahan's end of season top 50

Post by boncer34 »

Not going to bother with putting the list up, someone else can do that.

Just gonna laugh at having no Watson in there. :lol: Carries this side by himself and Sheahan has blokes like:

Andrew Swallow, Heath Grundy, Richard Douglas and Chris Newman in there. Cyril gets in despite doing sweet f*** all this season. Senile old c***.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Sheahan's end of season top 50

Post by robrulz5 »

How does Scarlett get in every year?
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Meh ... Sheahan did this last year too - and then on multiple radio interviews stated that he had reassessed and would have Jobe in his list.

Ignore him - he is only trying to manufacture some controversy to seem relevant.

s'd
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Club Captain, Best & Fairest Winner, Equal 7th in the Brownlow, amongst the AFL Top 10 in several key statistical categories - yep, Dud.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sheahan couldn't make the top 50 journalists for the Herald Sun - and they only have 33 of them.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

could Watson be named in the top 20 announced tomorrow???
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:could Watson be named in the top 20 announced tomorrow???
Would be weird considering the article saying he has missed out completely in the top 50.....
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:could Watson be named in the top 20 announced tomorrow???
Isn't in it at all.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

im guessing then everyone else bar the public knew the entire 50? before saturday that is
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i was starting to respect him again recently but him saying Watson is brilliant crashing packs and getting the ball out and very creative by hand but isn't that good by foot means he is out of the top 50..... what a joke, he's always been very very harsh on Watson!

im guessing Watson doesn't care too much and Hirdy would have had a laugh with him about it

i guess no-one will care about this list come 3-4 days
Kakadu Kangaroos
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Jazz_84 wrote:i was starting to respect him again recently but him saying Watson is brilliant crashing packs and getting the ball out and very creative by hand but isn't that good by foot means he is out of the top 50
Is that what he said?? He's a f****** pickle. He obviously doesn't watch closely enough these days and just has pre-conceived opinions of certain footballers. If he did watch closely, he would notice that Watson's kicking has improved dramatically over the last 3 years - and is no longer an issue.

Just some stats that are close to hand (at R21) - Jobe's kicking efficiency up to R20 was 66%. Some might think that is shoddy, but when you compare it to Simon Black 61%, Luke Power 64%, Daniel Rich 61% - it looks pretty good. If anyone has stats in regard to AFL kicking efficiency (individuals) - please post!

And for the record, Watson kicked 10 goals, 1 behind. Not bad for a shitkicker eh Mike!?
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

s'dreams wrote:Meh ... Sheahan did this last year too - and then on multiple radio interviews stated that he had reassessed and would have Jobe in his list.

Ignore him - he is only trying to manufacture some controversy to seem relevant.

s'd
This.

I've heard Sheahan, laughingly and embarrassingly say on numerous occasions this year that Jobe was 51 - an open admission that he should be in the 50.

He said to Hirdy 'On the Couch' when Jobe was B.O.G. in one of the later rounds this year that he (Sheahan) f**ked up and that Jobe is in the best 50 going around.

Who was the obvious Collingwood player he left out this year? - there's usually one of them too.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

LMAO Luke Ball is in the top 50 but watsons not...

what about that douche from the the Saints, Clint Jones, the tagger. He cant kick...period. He made it last year too.

Sheehan is a clown anyway. Guy changes his mind on key issues every other day. No stability.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Put this into context

There is almost a feeding frenzy at Trade week coz some guy called Vezpremi may be moving clubs. David Hale gets his own back page headlines as North dangle this juicy tidbit over trade week proceedings.

Can you imagine the riotous clamouring for position if Jobe Watson went anywhere near trade week - it would be like how the Jews created the Grand Canyon after some wag dropped a $5 bill down a rabbit hole.

He is the type of player every club covets. A consistent and highly effective extractor of the ball from in tight. They are, in modern football, the rarest and most valuable of Gems. Watson and perhaps only half a dozen other players in the league can be considered supreme in this area, the most demanding and arguably most important role in a football team.

The fact that Sheahan does not understand this is what makes his list entirely and utterly irrelevant. Furthermore, what gives this nong the right to claim knowledge of the best players in the league over other equally well versed pundits

Its a pointless exercise made doubly ridiculous by the creator of the list
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Can you imagine the riotous clamouring for position if Jobe Watson went anywhere near trade week - it would be like how the Jews created the Grand Canyon after some wag dropped a $5 bill down a rabbit hole.

Ummm....please explain?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Old mate wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Ummm....please explain?
Which bit, Jobe being up for trade or the outrageously racist reference to Jews?
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

No Jimmy Bartel.

Now i think everyone would admit that Bartel is ALOT better then most in the list. Better than James Kelly who made the list. Dale Thomas at #9 is hilarious. Ball making the top 50 is downright nutty. I could go on and on but its tiring. Watson should have made the top 50. ...Chris Newman lol.
Old mate
Top Up Player

Post by Old mate »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Old mate wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:

Ummm....please explain?
Which bit, Jobe being up for trade or the outrageously racist reference to Jews?
I was referring to the latter part stereotyping Jews actually....
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

It would appear that I have caused some offense with my remark about Jews creating the Grand Canyon. This is clearly not true. Yes, they did part the Red Sea but canyon creation is definitley not on their CV's.

I would formally like to apologise to anyone who may have taken offense at my childish sterotyping of Jews as greedy money chasers. Having worked for the two wealthiest Jews in Australia and about to start working for the wealthiest Jew in Las Vegas, I can assure you that my flippant remarks are baseless and entirely innappropriate.

From hencefortth, please let it be know that it was in fact the Scots who chased the $5 bill down the rabbit hole.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ps - I am not Mel Gibson