Dwayne Russell, A Disgrace.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Heppell#21
Top Up Player

Dwayne Russell, A Disgrace.

Post by Heppell#21 »

I found it Astonishing when watching last nights game, that Dwayne Russell had the balls to show how much he was barracking for Melbourne. It was the start of the Last Quarter and we had just kicked a goal. Dwayne then said "What a horrible start"

We all know you hate Essendon but please try and disguise it. Eddie got criticized when he commentated on channel 9, what makes you any different.
Dyson Heppell - Rising Star 2011
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Dwayne Russell, A Disgrace.

Post by paddyl90 »

Makes it even better when we win
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah i heard the commentary on Fox was pretty appalling, lucky i didn't have to deal with it, that sort of stuff isn't on, arn't there people out there that can talk about footy being subjective or constructive to both teams? they are the sort of people that should be on tv
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It will become worse and worse as we get better and better. As long as we keep winning who cares.
Heppell#21
Top Up Player

Post by Heppell#21 »

They couldnt get over how magical Liam Jurrah is..
Firstly, I thought he had a really ordinary game, he kicked his first goal only because it was a rush kick out of defence which happened to fall in to his lap, the man Dwayne Russell didn't talk about the drop chest mark Jurrah did that lead to that goal. The second goal of his was only created because sir Hitler (Dunn) took at Dempsey with a bump which left jurrah open in the foward line. Thirdly, apparently his magic set up another goal on the wing because, all the essendon players went up for a mark and it went over the top, Jurrah happened to be standing in the right place at the right time, he didnt want to go in a get a hard ball. The only thing good that Jurrah did that game was take one mark in the Centre of the ground.

Overall I believe the highlight of Jurrah's game was when he got hit by Williams and had to go off because he was bleeding.
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

just watching fox replay now. daWayne is not very excited about the bomeroonies is he.....

I love that the group of Essendon dissenters is gathering in number ....
electrickery
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

When Heppel kicked a goal 5 mins into the 3rd quarter. Dwayne dropped his tone and sounded fully depressed!!!!!
electrickery
Heppell#21
Top Up Player

Post by Heppell#21 »

Not bad kicking 2 goals from the half back flank.. Heppell = Superstar in the making.
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

like the look of him alright!
electrickery
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

dawayne calling (Jurrah kicks truly after missing 2 mins earlier)

(pitch increasing as he gets more excited)

yes YES YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

he sounds like he's having way too much fun.
electrickery
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I remember back in 2005/6 when we were struggling through last Sheedy years he was so happy we got smashed by Port Adelaide that night..he couldn't have been more happier on the radio. Add him to the list of Essendon haters. As I said winning will shut them up :)
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Worst caller in the business.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Shocked that he didn't describe a goal as a 'gem' last night. :roll:
And why does he have this obsession with using 'goal' as a verb? Goals it? You can't goal anything, it's a f****** noun!
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Heppell#21 wrote:Not bad kicking 2 goals from the half back flank.. Heppell = Superstar in the making.
So Mrs Heppell, you must be glad your son is playing AFL level footy ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

JumboPaddy wrote: Add him to the list of Essendon haters.
Was added a long time ago!
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

boris wrote:dawayne calling (Jurrah kicks truly after missing 2 mins earlier)

(pitch increasing as he gets more excited)

yes YES YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!

he sounds like he's having way too much fun.
Ummm ... Liam Jurra is both a koori tribal elder and very very straight. Dwayne has missed the mark there. Add that to the lack of understanding re the Costello article and the Nixon issue and you can make your own judgement.

Game was better on radio ... Brian Taylor and the 3AW team were much more balanced (despite 2 of the 3 commentators predicting a Melb win at 3/4 time) ...

Anyway ... if we cared about the commentariat or the mood of the other clubs - we would still have Knights, Camporale and co running the show ... so sad
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

SEN commentary was bad also - Anthony Hudson was a flat as a s**t carters hat most of the night - but raised the tone and the pitch of his description everytime it went on to the Demons forward line. Initially l thought l was, at best, biased and at worst paranoid - however even his fellow commentators made comment about this.

As for Dwayne Russell - on holidays this summer at Aireys Inlet I bumped into Dwayne and his unfortunate family at the Lighthouse Video Shop. He was touting (at the top of his voice) for a movie of a novel that his (private school) son had to read for year 12 this year. If it was more possible to embarass your family - I'm yet to conceive of a way. Boff-headed ego if there ever was one.

Still - as I approached the counter - just in front of Dwayne's crew I enquired - "Oh that reminds me - do you guys have a copy of Elephant Man" At least the proprietor had a chuckle - and confessed to me the next day that this bloke (whom she didn't know) had been a pain in the arse all summer.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

He's no worse the Gerard Healy when we play against the Perth teams. It's always about how good the Perth team is if they are winning, or what the Perth teams can do to win the game if they are behind. Shits me to tears!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Gimps wrote:He's no worse the Gerard Healy when we play against the Perth teams. It's always about how good the Perth team is if they are winning, or what the Perth teams can do to win the game if they are behind. Shits me to tears!
Tim Gossage.
That is all.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:He's no worse the Gerard Healy when we play against the Perth teams. It's always about how good the Perth team is if they are winning, or what the Perth teams can do to win the game if they are behind. Shits me to tears!
Ahhh....Gerard Healy. He's a A-Grade flog when it comes to commentating our games. He hates our guts - has for years. The main reason behind this was because of the way we treated his "mate" Greg Williams. First when he was at Sydney - Shane Heard used to tag him insane. Healy would whinge and moan in the commentary box about how the umpires should protect Williams and that it was "no surprise" that Diesel would lose his cool at his treatment. Then Sean Denham came along and Healy would almost cry in the commentary box at Denham's tactics.

Suck shit!
Essendunny