2 F***ING YEARS RUNNING: 25vs 22

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

2 F***ING YEARS RUNNING: 25vs 22

Post by filthy2 »

Maggots win theses c*cksuckers the game AGAIN!!!!

Stanton pushed fair & square in back...play on!

How many goals from frees...at least 6.... I counted.

F****ING AFLSSR CHEATS!!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2 F***ING YEARS RUNNING: 25vs 22

Post by swoodley »

Umpiring was poor but our decision making and disposal was also poor.

At the end of the day, the game was there for us to win and we were unable to do so.

McGlynn showed what was needed...getting in behind his opponent to take uncontested marks. Our small forwards did not do this.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

The holding the ball on Hardingham where Sydney kicked the "winning" goal, was not there. It was a handball the umpire wasn't in the right viewing spot.

The missed free on Huley when Mattner charged into his back near goal too was in front of the maggot and waved play on too.

It's a pity when the umpires decide they have to be bigger stars than the players.

Hirdy you better go see the Geish to clarify the umpires have had their OPSM checks
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Free paid to Stanton. Swans bloke runs has 2 bounces and then kicks it. No 50mt.

They were a disgrace again. Every year we go there we get the worst run.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

f****** bullshit once again.... i couldn't believe it!!! every tackle we got it was holding the ball but everytime we tackled them it was play on.... counted 2 clear handballs called incorrect disposal. Stanton should have got the push in the back at the end there every day of the week, if it was down the other end it would have been called before it even happened.....

im filthy about this, f****** disgraceful! clearly won them the game without question

terrible consistency between the 2 teams today
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I remember this feeling...same bullshit 12 months ago. f*** those pricks.

Can't wait until they come to Melbourne later this year and we f*** them up.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

We seemed to get an okay run from them in the first quarter, but from then on the frees ran 3 to 1 in their favour.
I'd love to hear how a 3 to 1 ratio can be justified in what was otherwise a very even game. Frustrating. :x
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Im not one to blame the umps much, but this game was lost due to them.

Alot of free's we just didnt get paid while Sydney got everything. McVeigh forarmed in the face, Hurley cannoned into from behind by mattner, BS call on Hardingham. Also the last play we had to put us up, I foret who it was but a syndey player landed square on Stants back, no free, play on. Stants just lying there on his stomach thinking WTF?!

Hird has to speak to the goose.

We still had the opportunity to win in spite of all that. But it should have even been that close anyway IMO.

The team is definitely better no doubt and last week was no fluke. Hird and Bomba trump Knighta easily.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The Jobe Watson factor. Don't tell Adrian Anderson he's talking "bullshit" and expect to get a good run from the officiators of the game. Saying you will do a sit down protest won't help either.

Anyway, I reckon blaming umps is a weak excuse.
Essendunny
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

BenDoolan wrote:The Jobe Watson factor. Don't tell Adrian Anderson he's talking "bullshit" and expect to get a good run from the officiators of the game. Saying you will do a sit down protest won't help either.

Yep!

We know they'll favour the interstate clubs - that's the rub of the green.

We shouldn't have allowed them to get so close after cruising to a 28 point lead. We were very scrappy today the fact that we were competitive and didn't get injuries is probably enough for a trip across the border.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Hurley and Ryder were also held onto in pretty much every contest inside 50.

No matter what Jobe has said about the sub rule this shouldn't mean we get disadvantaged on the field, it's unprofessional from the AFL if that is the case.

In the lead up to the Stanton in the back that wasn't paid Zaharakis was running after a ball that was kicked over his head and his opponent was clearly grabbing his jumper to stop him running.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:The Jobe Watson factor. Don't tell Adrian Anderson he's talking "bullshit" and expect to get a good run from the officiators of the game. Saying you will do a sit down protest won't help either.

Please tell me you are tongue in cheek. What does the sit-down rubbish (I don't agree with Jobe there) have to do with the umpires? If that was the case, are you saying that trying to organise a sit down is worse than rape, drugs and under-age sex?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:

Please tell me you are tongue in cheek. What does the sit-down rubbish (I don't agree with Jobe there) have to do with the umpires? If that was the case, are you saying that trying to organise a sit down is worse than rape, drugs and under-age sex?
If the gist of this thread is about AFL conspiracies, then Jobe's given them plenty of ammo to create the motives.

I don't believe in the conspiracy. I don't believe the umpires cost us the game. And I really don't give a toss about some of the decisions that were made. So yeah, it was tongue in cheek
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Thrre is a lot of luck involved when you either win or lose by 5 points. it sometimes comes down to the bounce of the ball or a free kick either given or missed.

Had the gods been shining, the ball would have bounced into Stants arms, the goal kicked and victory ours. Had the free been paid to Stants, same result. The fact that neither happened together with Hardingham's free against which gave them the lead and it was clear that luck had deserted us.

You could also argue that we should not have been in the position to have to rely on luck but that's the way the cards fell. Sometimes in the tight ones we will get the rub of the green, sometimes not.

Preceeding the game, they showed the game from the "Dome when Cess marked and kicked the winning goal against the Swans all those years ago. No luck there, just real skill.

if you need to rely on luck to get you across the line, you will get a 50/50 result eventually.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I honestly cant believe that some of you are not pointing the finger squarely at the umpiring? I'm all for blaming our blokes when they are poor, but what happened today was a f****** disgrace. Why is that every year, the one time I blame the umpires for costing us a game, is when we go up and play these pricks? It's more than a coincidence now, and it's certainley more than rub of the green. It's out and out cheating. They are 5 meters away and make basic errors the one way all f****** day? Year after year? When you officiate a game that has a lot of grey areas, it's very easy to make it a hell of a lot darker grey for one side than it is for the other. This is what they do. Apart from the stuff that will be labelled mistakes, you will have another 20 decisions that were "just there" for them, and "not quite there" for us. Some of you blokes that are blaming luck or rub of the green, I have a lot of respect for, but you guys are trying to be overly fair, and are not buying into what common sense should tell you. Something was seriously wrong today.

It was a f****** disgrace.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Clearly robbed.. again. Even if you take into consideration the odd 50/50 here and there as a bit of bad luck, you're still left with a f****** monumental hometown bias.
The amount of times the 3 c**** looked the other way when we could've been given a free to at least make it a fair contest, was staggering.
Just to rub it in, it seemed every time they got their frees the end result of that play was a f****** goal. Get f*****!
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

OK the maggots today were at best incompetent but that non decision on Stanton in the dying minutes was downright deplorable especially that soft decision on Hardingham a minute earlier, where they got the winning goal.

I have just watched that (non) decision on Stanton again & it was the most disgraceful act of cheating i've seen for a long time. Stanton was not in possession & pushed right in the middle of his back. The c--t would not have got of the alive if it happened in Melbourne.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It's disappointing that we allowed ourselves to be put in the position that gave an opportunity for this bullshit to occur, given the fact that we had comfortable leads throughout the game.

But even if you forget everything that occurred previous to the Stanton non-decision, and write that all off as the swings and roundabouts that a football game produces, that one decision ended up being the major influence in the result of the game.

One does not excuse the other. The fact that we blew a lead not once, but twice, does not justify what happened in the dying moments of that game. There were umpiring mistakes right throughout the game that only adds fuel to the fire that is the conspiracy theory, but even if you were to disregard all that, those two decisions at the end were blatant mistakes at the very least, and in the wash up it was the reason why we ultimately lost.

And for a competition that prides itself on it's professionalism, it is simply not good enough.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

35 free kicks to 20 when ball stats roughly equal, means they had the equivalent of another player on the ground?

In the vital 3rd quarter 13-2 their way?

7 goals from frees?

Anyone who thinks it doesn't affect the outcome of a game especially a young side missing 5-6 of its best team playing on a cow paddock is either:

- Never played the game, or

- Is blind, or

- Is a complete idiot.

The AFL is run by corrupt spin merchants who want those assholes in the 8 no matter what, and the umpiring today was totally and completely, blatantly corrupt and cheating.

Oh and BTW:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6032849797

Before the AFLSSR get it pulled headline reads:

"Bombers robbed by umpires at ANZ Stadium"
Last edited by filthy2 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

There is NO doubt that the umpires played a significant part in our demise yesterday but I honestly believe we will not be the only team that will suffer in Sydney this year. The AFL are on a hiding to nothing to ensure that the AFL remains strong in NSW. The crowd of 28'000+ tells me that the game is somewhat on the nose in Sydney. The crowds have been on a downward trend over recent years. So what does the AFL do, introduce a second team. With the introduction of the "Witches Hats" next year I see no reason to believe that the standard of cheating will improve in future years. :roll:
It just fell out of the sky