Gumby MUST come in.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

Gumby MUST come in.

Post by filthy2 »

You cannot expect a 20 yo kid, Hurls, to carry the forward line this year. He is going to be playing with a big bullseye on his back from now on and will be bashed pillar to post going forward. 13 contested possesions playing the hardest position on the field. Outstanding. 2.4 only blot on his game.

He needs a chop out so Gumby....stuff your injury's....you kicked 2 in a thumping on Saturday in the Magoo's and took a lot of marks around the ground.....come in and give your mate a hand. :|

Hille and Gus if fit are a monty to return.

TBell...plenty of time for you. Sammy, sorry buddy...14 possies as a midfielder...not good enough.

Probably one or 2 others playing who shouldn't be and a couple who should be. Probably also a lot of sore blokes too who may need a rest.

Know that Hirdy loves Reimers.

We'll see.
Madden
Club Captain

Re: Gumby MUST come in.

Post by Madden »

I'll be very surprised, given his interrupted pre season, if Gumby has the tank for an AFL game yet. Maybe in a few weeks.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

While you are correct, I disagree a bit. I think if we have Gumby and Hurley in the same forward line, I think the resting ruckman will make us too tall. It hurt this week because Bellchambers cant go forward and provide a viable option.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:While you are correct, I disagree a bit. I think if we have Gumby and Hurley in the same forward line, I think the resting ruckman will make us too tall. It hurt this week because Bellchambers cant go forward and provide a viable option.

I am somewhat surprised by TB's lack of forward effectiveness as he actullay looked pretty good at CHF on a couple of ocassions last year
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

filthy2 wrote: Probably one or 2 others playing who shouldn't be and a couple who should be. Probably also a lot of sore blokes too who may need a rest.
Also, I don't want to see us do what we did under Knights at the selection table, and that was to make wholesale changes after a loss.

For this week:

In: Hille
Out: Bellchambers

If we bring in anyone else, it should be Monfries, but who gets dropped?

The only reason you would change 3 players this week is the midfielders and that is if they are sore after that slog.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I wuld bring in Gus for Zak. 11 possies from 85% time on the ground is a poor return and no score, 1 miss and two frees against, not a good result.

I just do not think he is going in hard enough for it at the minute where other blokes are knocking themselves out.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

filthy2 wrote:You cannot expect a 20 yo kid, Hurls, to carry the forward line this year. He is going to be playing with a big bullseye on his back from now on and will be bashed pillar to post going forward. 13 contested possesions playing the hardest position on the field. Outstanding. 2.4 only blot on his game.
Reckon that number 29 for the swans get rubbed out for that weak sniping hit on Hurls?
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

filthy2 wrote: He needs a chop out so Gumby....stuff your injury's....you kicked 2 in a thumping on Saturday in the Magoo's and took a lot of marks around the ground.....come in and give your mate a hand. :|

Sammy, sorry buddy...14 possies as a midfielder...not good enough.
I'm very surprised you want to drop Lonergan Filth.

Yesterday he had 7 hardball gets - the most on the ground. And you want to replace him with Gumby (who had about 6 possessions TOTAL for Bendigo?) f*** me.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Staggy wrote:
filthy2 wrote: He needs a chop out so Gumby....stuff your injury's....you kicked 2 in a thumping on Saturday in the Magoo's and took a lot of marks around the ground.....come in and give your mate a hand. :|

Yesterday he had 7 hardball gets - the most on the ground. And you want to replace him with Gumby (who had about 6 possessions TOTAL for Bendigo?) f*** me.
Hirdy has him down for 7 shots on goal Stag.

"Injury-prone forward Scott Gumbleton will also be considered.

"Scotty had seven shots on goal in the reserves," Hird said. "He has put himself up there with a chance."

Sammy has no penetration with his kicks. If you had Sammy with Dyson's kicking, he'd be a top mid fielder. Also, I don't remember him getting a centre square clearance which is his job. Most of his HBG were down back.....when we got it into our Forward 50 we score. :(

Anyway as I said Hurls got 13 contested possessions which is way more than 7.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

The ruck work yesterday was scrappy on both sides. Mumford and Bellchambers were an even match, and that showed when they both got their hands to the ball at the bounce. The ball was going everywhere, and often dropping straight down - and often bouncing at right angles. It was luck if anyone got the thing cleanly.

I'd be pissed off if Lonergan got the chop.

Disco Lovett-Murray on a back flank, Reimers in, Hille in for Bellchambers, Myers OUT.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

filthy2 wrote:
Staggy wrote:

Hirdy has him down for 7 shots on goal Stag.

"Injury-prone forward Scott Gumbleton will also be considered.

"Scotty had seven shots on goal in the reserves," Hird said. "He has put himself up there with a chance."

Sammy has no penetration with his kicks. If you had Sammy with Dyson's kicking, he'd be a top mid fielder. Also, I don't remember him getting a centre square clearance which is his job. Most of his HBG were down back.....when we got it into our Forward 50 we score. :(

Anyway as I said Hurls got 13 contested possessions which is way more than 7.
A hard-ball get is actually different from a contested possession. Lonergan had the most hard ball gets on the ground.

Most watchers of Bendigo (see the thread on BB) had Gumby down for half a dozen possessions, but I will defer to yourself and the great man on that point.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:While you are correct, I disagree a bit. I think if we have Gumby and Hurley in the same forward line, I think the resting ruckman will make us too tall. It hurt this week because Bellchambers cant go forward and provide a viable option.

I am somewhat surprised by TB's lack of forward effectiveness as he actullay looked pretty good at CHF on a couple of ocassions last year
I'm with Windy, I reckon TB did alright up forward last year too.

Having Hille back will help Hurley out up forward. I'd leave Gumbelton out for at least another week, if not 2 or 3.

Williams has done three-fifths of f*** all this year, but he has to be considered if Monfries isn't fit. Doesn't Gus usually do alright against St K?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Gumby hasnt set the world on fire for Bendigo yet, Id leave him in the VFL for a bit longer to get match fit.

Hille and Gus would surely come back... TB and the injured Myers make way..
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

2.3 for Gumby this week apparently.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Hille very unlikely and Gus only 50/50 #-o we needed them both against the saints......
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Awful suggestion Filth. The structure of Hurley and the resting ruckman has been working perfectly. It allows us to keep rotating our mids, and bringing in a still underdone Gumby is a massive over-reaction from someone who says we lost the game because of the umpiring.

Lonergan has to be given time. He was excellent the week before, and we are screaming for in and under mids to help Watson. These guys still need to be given time to mature, you are carrying on like we are already premiership contenders, and it's time to panic in spite of only getting beat by the maggots.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

rockhole wrote:I wuld bring in Gus for Zak. 11 possies from 85% time on the ground is a poor return and no score, 1 miss and two frees against, not a good result.

I just do not think he is going in hard enough for it at the minute where other blokes are knocking themselves out.
Zaharakis is still a young player in the scheme of things and he did a lot more than Davey did yesterday.

He will be a 200 game player for the club and should be given every opportunity to continue to develop and the best place for him to do that is playing at the highest level.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Gumby hasnt set the world on fire for Bendigo yet, Id leave him in the VFL for a bit longer to get match fit.

Is Myers injured? If so, bad luck for the boy. But I will be happy to see him out of the team.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gimps wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Gumby hasnt set the world on fire for Bendigo yet, Id leave him in the VFL for a bit longer to get match fit.

Is Myers injured? If so, bad luck for the boy. But I will be happy to see him out of the team.
4 weeks broken wrist
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

filthy2 wrote:
Know that Hirdy loves Reimers.

We'll see.
Is this sarcasm or truth filth?

Because Im a big fan of this guy too. He needs to be harnessed a little no doubt, but he has all the tools. I think he is in our best 22.

Myers out is good. He aint up to it.