Crameri

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Crameri

Post by swoodley »

I thought his going off yesterday was a turning point in the game.

Of all our forwards, apart from Hurley, he looked the most dangerous and most likely to score.

I saw him putting ice on his thigh when he went to the bench and so I'm not sure if he has a minor strain but if he was fit he should have stayed on as he always looked like he might either score himself or help someone else do so.

Losing him took a bit of venom out of our forward line on a day when Davey and Zaharakis were relatively quiet.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Crameri

Post by BenDoolan »

I don't know if it was a turning point. NLM did well when he came on - gave us a fair bit of drive.

I think the turning point was when they selected Davey ahead of Reimers IMO. One guy was in good practice match form and the other bloke still hampered by a busted arm.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I wasn't questioning the decision to bring NLM on BD....it was more the decision to take Crameri off.

If he was fit, he was playing better that both Davey and Zaha and would have been a better option imo.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

has a corked quad. nothing really serious
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Was quite obvious he was injured before he went off.

Chances are he would have come off anyway as we tried to create more space inside 50 for Hurley and Ryder and keep Davey and Zaharakis on to get some run in the middle. Obviously didn't work out too well...
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Zaharakis was pathetic yesterday, wouldnt put his head over the footy, they need to get that out of his game. Howlett was average yesterday as well, I think either one of them should have come off. Crameri and Davey looked dangerous from where I sat, regardless of possession count. They both had a hand in a few goals. And, they just need to bang it long into Hurley and Ryder, I reckon it cost us more potential goals because we kicked short to 50-50's and turned the ball over. Hurley looked like he could have taken the bloke he was on to the cleaners big time, and if not create 50-50's for our crumbing forwards...
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

bomberflyer wrote: Hurley looked like he could have taken the bloke he was on to the cleaners big time, and if not create 50-50's for our crumbing forwards...
Possibly, his opponent was allowed to hang off him all day which made things hard!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Another strong performance from Crameri today(he even got votes on the radio). He is becoming a very important part of our structure.

6 foot 3 and near 100kgs...he must be a difficult match up for opposition coaches.

The only problem I see with him is that he can only keep playing whilst we have someone on the long term injury list.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:Another strong performance from Crameri today(he even got votes on the radio). He is becoming a very important part of our structure.

6 foot 3 and near 100kgs...he must be a difficult match up for opposition coaches.

The only problem I see with him is that he can only keep playing whilst we have someone on the long term injury list.
Always a fair chance of that with Gumby on the list
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He is terrific. In the first quarter today, he missed an absolute sitter, and about 5 minutes later he tried a torp that went out on the full. I was thinking to myself, oh this isnt good, I hope he is not getting his ambitions mixed up with his ability. He was sensational after that, and it showed a lot that he bounced back so well after such a poor start. Crameri and Hardingham have been massive bonuses for us.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

For me, the best mark in the team!! Has a great set of dukes and his lead ups are fantastic. That's where I see him playing in our side for now. Working well for us.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Very impressed with this guy. With the opposition busy matching up on Hurley & Ryder, he gets under the radar a bit. Can mark, can tackle and really enjoys a goal.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

His first 3 kicks today were absolutely horrible but he played very well after that setting Jobe up for all of his goals.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

every team needs players like this to bob up and slot into the team, he and Hardingham are a couple for us that didn't come from the normal draft, good to have
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He has at least five games left.

Now if he can work on the drop of the ball, he'll poll Brownlow votes.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

F111 wrote:He has at least five games left.
More info please
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

rockhole wrote:
F111 wrote:He has at least five games left.
More info please
Crameri has come off the rookie list whilst Anthony Long is on the long term injury list.

As soon as we reactivate Long, Crameri automatically returns to the rookie list until such time as we have someone else go onto the long term injury list.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gumby will get there...

don't we get to elevate 1 at the mid season?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ARCN
On the Rookie List

Post by ARCN »

the LTI is a minimum of 8 weeks. my thinking is that if they take Long off it they will wait til the mid season elevation time
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

BUMP!

I must admit I was surprised that Stewie Crameri was chosen over Marcus Marigliani to have a spot on our rookie list. That decision has turned out to be an absolute beauty.

He showed that he can play on the biggest stage, against the best opposition and in Grand Final like intensity.

Equal leading goal kicker this year thus far.

I would expect Crammers to have a spot on the senior list next year....
Essendunny