Letter to Stants - comments to add

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Letter to Stants - comments to add

Post by Jazz_84 »

hey guys, reading Matty Lloyd take a shot at the supporters today has gutted me and im appauled the we have be-littled one of the true warriors of this proud club, he's been there through the bad times and now that we are finally becoming something to get excited about, the entire fan base in the eyes of the club and everyone involved have demeaned the good times for the young man. so ive decided to write a short letter to Brent letting him know there are many fans out there that support him, it's only something small i know but everything counts and i know if it was me id feel much better with every little bit of support.

for all that want to join in please write a short paragraph either in here or you can send me a PM with maybe your name and membership number both of course optional

ill leave this a few days so everyone can get the chance to write something

for those that don't want to part take that's fine but this isn't a thread to oppose the idea or be negative in any way thanks
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Letter to Stants - comments to add

Post by robbie67 »

Only way to shut them up is to keep your head over the ball, keep backing yourself, and keep running hard both ways. Keep doing those things and eventually you will shut them up.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Great idea Jazz

I pmed you my message!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Terrific idea Jazz, keep on me, want to be involved but CBF doing it tonight. Remind me tho if I don't send you something :)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

thanks guys, will do Megan!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Good idea. I'll PM you something tomorrow.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Dear Brent,

Society is made up of a complex mix of human beings. Some humans are excellent and some humans are excrement. Unfortunately, some excrement attend our games. You will hear them bronx cheer, boo and yell juvenile abuse. If only we could flush these turds to where they belong. Never mind, no matter what you do, these lame brains will repeat the same ol' crap regardless of how well you're going.

Just do what you do best and play your part. You are a vital part to our team and your consistency is proven every year in the Crichton Medal. And most of these blockheads wouldn't even realise that you will be a very hard player to replace if you're not in the side.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

His teammates and coaches are the only ones who he will seriously listen to and they love him!!

Do you honestly think he gives a rats clacker about what some mindless newt from Resevoir thinks? (Not you Jazz - the idiots in the crowd I mean)

The guy is a professional sportsman with some intestinal fortitude - not Nick Reiwoldt.
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

When you wear no 5 ,you are expected to show some of the qualities that previous holders of the number used to exhibit. The supporters didn't anoint him to be Hirdy's successor. Quite frankly he hasn't lived up to my expectations. Proplem is ,he makes the same type of critical errors under pressure in games.
Could I do better? Irrelevant. If I was paid what he gets paid to do,I would expect spectators to criticise me if I f-up. Football is big business. For instance people who bet on games might be angry with certain players if they lost money because a certain player messed up. Coaches can lose their jobs because players make crucial mistakes.
I went to the game and was pleased that he was substituted albeit I thought it was for tactical reasons. It was the turning point in the game.

Who really cares whether he is booed or not.. People who pay to watch can do jeer,boo.Do you expect them to run on to the field and sledge him.
Regarding Lloydy many opposing supporters were upset when Sewell of Hawthorn was injured in an incident with him. Perhaps Lloyd should beg forgiveness from the Hawthorn and Essendon supporters who booed him that day. He was the Captain if I recall correctly. Maybe he should set examples before criticicsing supporters.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

timbercote wrote:When you wear no 5 ,you are expected to show some of the qualities that previous holders of the number used to exhibit. The supporters didn't anoint him to be Hirdy's successor. Quite frankly he hasn't lived up to my expectations. Proplem is ,he makes the same type of critical errors under pressure in games.
Could I do better? Irrelevant. If I was paid what he gets paid to do,I would expect spectators to criticise me if I f-up. Football is big business. For instance people who bet on games might be angry with certain players if they lost money because a certain player messed up. Coaches can lose their jobs because players make crucial mistakes.
I went to the game and was pleased that he was substituted albeit I thought it was for tactical reasons. It was the turning point in the game.

Who really cares whether he is booed or not.. People who pay to watch can do jeer,boo.Do you expect them to run on to the field and sledge him.
Regarding Lloydy many opposing supporters were upset when Sewell of Hawthorn was injured in an incident with him. Perhaps Lloyd should beg forgiveness from the Hawthorn and Essendon supporters who booed him that day. He was the Captain if I recall correctly. Maybe he should set examples before criticicsing supporters.
Old turncote returns hey

What number he wears makes absolutely no difference whatsoever and only a fool would use it in the above argument.
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

bomberdonnie wrote:
timbercote wrote:When you wear no 5 ,you are expected to show some of the qualities that previous holders of the number used to exhibit. The supporters didn't anoint him to be Hirdy's successor. Quite frankly he hasn't lived up to my expectations. Proplem is ,he makes the same type of critical errors under pressure in games.

Old turncote returns hey

What number he wears makes absolutely no difference whatsoever and only a fool would use it in the above argument.[/quote

Your'e right.Why didn't I think of that .Perhaps the players should have the letters of the alpabet on their back.Namecalling has really improved your argument
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

What gives? The way that you Brent Stanton got booed off the ground at the start of the 3rd qtr.
1 word - disgusting...
Sure you can make mistakes at times but you try your guts out,got injured against Weagles and treated that way.Totally unacceptable...
I believe that no player that wears the red and black should be treated like that.
Especially with you Stants being a servant of the club for many years...and not forgetting the Man himself Hirdy giving you the No.5...Thats good enough for me... Legend...
Who knows you may never make the Elite category but still a very valuable to this up and coming team...
We are definately going places and you are a very important part of that plan...
So what happens when you play well and tear the opposition a new 1... Just a bunch of Hypocrites and you know who you are!!!
Keep up the good work for the best club in the league - The Mighty Bombers - Stand as 1...
Yours Sincerely
Andrew S
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Haha....what a load of shit.

Do you also cheer and praise him for when he does good things? I bet you don't. I bet you sit there silently wishing he actually f***** up just so you could vent some juvenile idiotic remark.

And FFS, were you at the Hawthorn - Essendon game that day? Essendon supporters booing Lloydy???? You're off your f****** rocker! Every Essendon supporter there that day stood up and cheered him. Unless of course you were there and booed Lloyd like the pathetic whinging supporter you are.....
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

For whatever reasons, you have joined an elite group of Essendon players who, no matter what they do, appear to draw abuse from those who supposedly support the club. These players include Paul Salmon and Scotty Lucas , so you are in good company. These ill educated morons would not know anything regarding the courage and comittment required to play at the highest level and are only capable of seeing the negative aspects of a player's game. They conveniently ignore the high ranking best and fairest accolades, the fantastic stats week in week out, the respect gained from team mates and the unswerving comittement to the club.

It is difficult to ignore these morons but rest assured there is a far greater proportion of us out there who appreciate your efforts and who support the club and all the players. Being passionate supporters, we can also be critical at times, but never to the point of jeering a player in the Essendon jumper for any reason.

Keep on doing what you are doing. Hopefully with Lloydy's tirade, they may now pull their collective heads in and shut up.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

You cockhead.

The first half of your diatribe was weak, but you absolutely destroyed it with the reference to Lloyd. Beg for forgiveness? Are you f****** serious?

Essendon supporters that booed him that day? What? Fair to say it would have been an extreme minority of ******** that have no idea about the game - is this the minority that you belong to?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Dear Timbercote, is English a 2nd Language for you because you have clearly f****** failed basic reading comprehension.

The OP clearly stated you don't have to f****** like Stants and you don't have to offer Stants a message of support. All that was f****** asked of you was to keep the f****** pathetic juvenile Stanton bashing out of this thread.

So f*** off out of it..

Oh and in reference to him being gien the number 5 jumper, who the f*** do you think gave it to him, one James Hird, you f****** genius. So if Hird feels he is worthy of his jumper and like his previous 2 AFL coaches feel he is worthy of a game every f****** week, prehaps you should get the f*** over yourself and f****** support the bloke.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

ealesy wrote:Dear Timbercote, is English a 2nd Language for you because you have clearly f****** failed basic reading comprehension.

The OP clearly stated you don't have to f****** like Stants and you don't have to offer Stants a message of support. All that was f****** asked of you was to keep the f****** pathetic juvenile Stanton bashing out of this thread.

So f*** off out of it..

Oh and in reference to him being gien the number 5 jumper, who the f*** do you think gave it to him, one James Hird, you f****** genius. So if Hird feels he is worthy of his jumper and like his previous 2 AFL coaches feel he is worthy of a game every f****** week, prehaps you should get the f*** over yourself and f****** support the bloke.
x2. Exactly the sort of c*** we could do without at games.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:Dear Timbercote, is English a 2nd Language for you because you have clearly f****** failed basic reading comprehension.

So f*** off out of it..

Well f****** said!! :lol:
Essendunny
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I like this. It's almost like a bit of training for some of the "discussions" that might need to be had in the crowd next time :wink:

PM sent to Jazz.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

timbercote wrote:
Old turncote returns hey

What number he wears makes absolutely no difference whatsoever and only a fool would use it in the above argument.

Your'e right.Why didn't I think of that .Perhaps the players should have the letters of the alpabet on their back.Namecalling has really improved your argument
Oh, and how ironic. You don't like being called names in here but it's ok for you to take pot shots at Stanton at the ground. Why shouldn't you be subjected to the same treatment if you're so in favour of it? Is it because you're not on the same pay packet as Stanton? Or because you don't wear the No.5?

Perhaps I could visit you at the game and just heckle you all day whenever you spill a drop of your drink, or when you fumble through the pages of the footy record, or when some sauce lands on your shirt, or when a bit of dribble comes out of your mouth.

Whadda ya reckon?
Essendunny