Hirdy on Gumby & DD

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

Hirdy on Gumby & DD

Post by filthy2 »

Gumby: sent to Canberra (AIS?) where it was discovered a long term nerve injury at the top of his butt-TOCK that causes his hammy to continually ping. Been fixed. Back 2-3 weeks. Definitely part of Essendon long term plans.

DD: Got a massively bad dose of OP that keeps pinging 2 years ago. Everytime they thought they had it done it'd ping. THINK they have got it right as he is also viewed as a long term player. Playing this or next week.

Crameri is being stitched up Contract wise by Hammer as we speak. F..K off Sheedy.

Wsa on SEN for good 10 minutes.
gringo
Club Captain

Re: Hirdy on Gumby & DD

Post by gringo »

Apparently DD handed in his resignation awhile back but Hirdy talked him out of it. Must be pretty tough being a young bloke at a football club with high credentials, or a famous name, and not getting a chance to prove yourself due to injury.

Surellllllllllllllllllllly you can relate to this Gimps?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Wasn't the back surgery that Gumby had last year supposed to fix his lower back/hamstring issues? I'll believe he's cured when he can go more than 15 minutes in a game without doing a hamstring.

At least the club is still trying things with him.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

We really have put some time into this bloke and I want to see if he has the goods or not. I feel for the guy with all his injuries and it would be wasted if he was not given another chance. We got a sniff last year and there certainly was potential.

I find it hard to see a spot for him in the team given the current structure but things change. it just seems such a waste if high draft picks don't live up to their expectations.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

rockhole wrote:We really have put some time into this bloke and I want to see if he has the goods or not. I feel for the guy with all his injuries and it would be wasted if he was not given another chance. We got a sniff last year and there certainly was potential.

I find it hard to see a spot for him in the team given the current structure but things change. it just seems such a waste if high draft picks don't live up to their expectations.
I reckon there's a spot for him. Hurley goes back permanently and Gumby rolls around up forward as a mobile tall. Hooker goes back to the twos or, retains his spot as a thrid tall down back if the opposition has a tall backline.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Could you have a defence of:

Slattery Pears Dempsey
Hooker Hurley Hardingham
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Rossoneri wrote:Could you have a defence of:

Slattery Pears Dempsey
Hooker Hurley Hardingham
Not bad, although Fletcher in for Hooker. Pretty bloody solid back six though. Pears and Hurley would just dice em up.

It's starting to come together down at Windy Hill.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

gringo wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Could you have a defence of:

Slattery Pears Dempsey
Hooker Hurley Hardingham
Not bad, although Fletcher in for Hooker. Pretty bloody solid back six though. Pears and Hurley would just dice em up.

It's starting to come together down at Windy Hill.
I was talking Post-Fletch as I reckon this is his last season.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

filthy2 wrote:Gumby: sent to Canberra (AIS?) where it was discovered a long term nerve injury at the top of his butt-TOCK that causes his hammy to continually ping.
Shouldn't they have found this years ago?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:
filthy2 wrote:Gumby: sent to Canberra (AIS?) where it was discovered a long term nerve injury at the top of his butt-TOCK that causes his hammy to continually ping.
Shouldn't they have found this years ago?
It can be hard to find these things, bit like Filthy trying to find his testicles..

Think I have mentioned this before.. but.. I have been to numerous chiro's, naturopaths, physios, sports doctors and yeah, pretty much the works. I've had cat scans, MRI's, x-ray's. Nobody could figure out what was wrong with mine. I gave up on the medico's about 7 or 8 years ago. I just live with it now. Perhaps in a few years time, I'll go back and see if they have come up with something better.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Physio's are shite as they believe their own hype, they know nothing about sport injuries.

With Gumby they surely would have been neural symptoms that would have pointed to a nerve problem. A long term nerve problem at the top of the buttock is usually sciatica caused by a tight piriformis muscle.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:Physio's are shite as they believe their own hype, they know nothing about sport injuries.

With Gumby they surely would have been neural symptoms that would have pointed to a nerve problem. A long term nerve problem at the top of the buttock is usually sciatica caused by a tight piriformis muscle.
Yeah, physio's are only good for a massage..

I've had sciatica for the last 13 years, not fun. I doubt it would be something as 'simple' as that in Gumby's case.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

God I hope Gumby can get and stay fit. Whether there's a spot for him in the team now doesn't bother me. If he can come back and play the entire second half of the VFL season including finals it would be great.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Herald Sun wrote:
Coach James Hird wants Stewart Crameri locked in at he Bombers

Essendon coach James Hird is a man in a hurry - to get surprise packet Stewart Crameri signed up for 2012 and beyond.
Although he made his AFL debut in Round 20 last year, Crameri made hid name with a series of outstanding NAB Cup performances in Essendon's run to the final.
The strong-bodied forward was upgraded to the senior list at the start of the season, and has booted 15 goals so far this year.
Hird joked Crameri was playing so well, his asking price was increasing by the week.
"I'm hoping (Essendon footy boss) Paul Hamilton's listening and it's almost done," Hird said on SEN.
"I think every time we play he's costing us another 10 grand.
"(Michael) Barlow was the story last year, then Stew Crameri is probably the story this year.
"His ability to take a mark under pressure, but also his aerobic capacity and pure strength means he's a very hard guy to play on and he's loving his football."
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/coach ... 6054561161
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Really hope that Gumby and Darc get back on the park soon... makes you wonder whether we will ever see the best of them after all these injury set backs.

Crameri is a gun, sign him up asap Bombers!!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ive had Sciatica for about 4 months now and yes thats high up in the buttock but you can definitely feel it so they wouldn't have missed something like that

lets hope it works for the man, would be sensational if we could get him out on the park..... hope he remembers how to play the game
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gimps wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:Physio's are shite as they believe their own hype, they know nothing about sport injuries.

Yeah, physio's are only good for a massage..
Half of them don't even do that, just throw on a TENS machine or a heat pack and leave the room to see the other patient they double booked!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:ive had Sciatica for about 4 months now and yes thats high up in the buttock but you can definitely feel it so they wouldn't have missed something like that

Just an example of a condition in that area.

I just think that if they had done a thorough assessment they would have found the problem before now.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:ive had Sciatica for about 4 months now and yes thats high up in the buttock but you can definitely feel it so they wouldn't have missed something like that

Just an example of a condition in that area.

I just think that if they had done a thorough assessment they would have found the problem before now.
yeah you would have thought so, surely every kind of scan would have been done....

my sciatica does come and go though so pain is subsided half the time maybe it was subsided most of the time for him, everytime it goes away i think maybe it's fixed but 2 days later bang!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

Ha, sounds like this forum is populated by a bunch of old crocks :P

If it's disk related, probably the best thing you can do is exercise that improves your core strength - swimming and pilates are good. No easy solutions, just repetitive boring exercise for the rest of your life. Still, there are worse things ...