Ass Raped

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Ass Raped

Post by Windy_Hill »

Unbelievably bad umpiring tonight. We were completly blanked by the maggots - three times a Richmond player threw the ball, three times they got away with it (scoring a goal on one occasion). And how about marks to Hille and Jetta not awarded when both would have been in scoring position. It was appaling - I never get caught up in Umpire bashing but tonight, with up to 7 of our best players missing, we needed some fricking mercy from these puss filled oxygen thives
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ass Raped

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah there certainly were a few 50-50 decisions that didint go our way tonight.... can't really say it effected the result though...
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Yeah ... but last week we got a good run ... that said the umpiring was very very very ordinary.

However, where we lost it was in the 3rd quarter when Jetta's mark was disalowed ... the tiges banged 3 goals in a row when our players seemed more concerned about the injustice of the call than playing footy. IMO more discipline is needed.

Yes - the umps influenced the outcome of the game, but only because our players let them do so.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Yeah there certainly were a few 50-50 decisions that didint go our way tonight.... can't really say it effected the result though...
We had all the momentum in the third qtr, Jetta was on fire, marked the ball going into attack, umpire waves play on, they run the ball down the field and goal - They then got the next three!!!!

You better believe it effected the result
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

s'dreams wrote:Yes - the umps influenced the outcome of the game, but only because our players let them do so.
Very true, Geelong or Collingwood would both have won that game.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Yeah there certainly were a few 50-50 decisions that didint go our way tonight.... can't really say it effected the result though...
We had all the momentum in the third qtr, Jetta was on fire, marked the ball going into attack, umpire waves play on, they run the ball down the field and goal - They then got the next three!!!!

You better believe it effected the result
The players have to hold some responsibility for it though, yes so the decision didint go our way, they needed to move on and get on with the contest... letting the Tigers kick 7 goals in that quarter was what lost us the match.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Throws, throws, f****** throws.

f*** me, I haven't seen more in a single game of football.

Not good enough to beat both the opposition and the umpires, but sooner or later they will need to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Umpires are plain just cheats...
I too don't usually get on their backs but tonight was crap!!!
Hille,Jetta 50, metres against us,but same thing and no 50 metres...
How many bloody throws from Richmond - play on...
Fair dinkum lying cheating bastards - Go and get f*****...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
s'dreams wrote:Yes - the umps influenced the outcome of the game, but only because our players let them do so.
Very true, Geelong or Collingwood would both have won that game.
Name one player of note missing from Geelong's 22 at the moment
Collingwood are missing maybe 2 decent players

We were missing about 7 Best 22 players tonight and needed some luck.. Any chance we had of winning the game was destroyed by some of the most one sided umpiring I have ever seen. Credit to Richmond, they took advantage of our misfortune.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Nothing to do with injuries this one. Both of those clubs play with the type of discipline we aspire to. Geelong wouldnt have let them kick the next three after the mark to Jetta was disallowed. Our blokes still look for excuses, and some of our supporters still seem only happy to make excuses for them.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robbie67 wrote:Nothing to do with injuries this one. Both of those clubs play with the type of discipline we aspire to. Geelong wouldnt have let them kick the next three after the mark to Jetta was disallowed. Our blokes still look for excuses, and some of our supporters still seem only happy to make excuses for them.
Spot on ... if these players want to play in a GF ... this lesson must be learned.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:Nothing to do with injuries this one. Both of those clubs play with the type of discipline we aspire to. Geelong wouldnt have let them kick the next three after the mark to Jetta was disallowed. Our blokes still look for excuses, and some of our supporters still seem only happy to make excuses for them.
Rob, last time I had a crack at the Umps was about 17 years ago - yep, we let them get away - probably shouldnt have. But surely you can expect the game to played on a level playing field - tonight, it wasnt.

Some of the blatant missed calls by the umps was bordering on ridiculous.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Yes the umpiring was shit, and if "the usual suspects" had provised us anything, we still would have beat Richmond.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:Yes the umpiring was shit, and if "the usual suspects" had provised us anything, we still would have beat Richmond.
Cant argue with that :|
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Players throw the ball all the time now and get away with it. What I want to know is how Ryder and Hille could be pushed in the back and held in every contest and not get a free kick.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robrulz5 wrote:Players throw the ball all the time now and get away with it. What I want to know is how Ryder and Hille could be pushed in the back and held in every contest and not get a free kick.

Rob, its called getting

HIrdy may as well get the boys using this stuff - may be less painfull when the Umps bend us over :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: [-X [-X [-X [-X
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Yep, Maggotted yet again...and I appreciate that it not just us theat it happens to. Grant Thomas hit the nail on the head a few weeks ago, complaining that far too many games are turning on poor umpiring decisions.

To illustrate my point about it not just happening to us...has anyone just seen the highlight package on Tens After The Game of the Lions Norf game tonight....Talk about throws....I saw one of the worst NON decisions ever when Simon Black double fisted a ball in mid air straight to a team mate for a crucial goal (in what was obviously a very tight affair) right under the umps nose. Even Black had the most embarrassed sheepish grin on his face after it.

There was a program on the box recently about the effect a little bit of power has on ordinary people. In it, they focused on the guards at Abu Graib prison. Well, I reckon the same theory can be applied to umpires...put a whistle in their hands and some of them think they're little Hitlers.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Martin's throw was unbelievable. Picked it immediately from Level 4 Row H....but no bastard sees it on the ground. f*** off.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:Players throw the ball all the time now and get away with it. What I want to know is how Ryder and Hille could be pushed in the back and held in every contest and not get a free kick.
This is what astounded me tonight. The grappling backman is back!!!
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Hope Dustin Martin is smarter than his cousin.

In response to his blantant throw in the last which wasn't called a directly resulted in a Richmond goal I commented that he must have already been elevated to the same "superstar rules" that the likes of Judd, Ablett and Selwood are governed by.

A stupid woman standing in front of me turned around and said to me "He's my cousin"

Whoppdee-f******-do, as I said to her "I couldn't give a f*** if he is your cousin, that doesn't magically make that a handball!"

Having said that, the umpirinjg had no effect on the outcome in my view. The difference between the two teams was we were absolute ratshit in the 3rd quarter. We sucked so much arse in that quarter that they guys better brush their teeth well tonight or else their partner's will complain about their arse breath.

That third quarter tonight wasn't just the worse quarter we have played this year, it was on a par with the shit we served up last year.. We got it into our forward line plenty, but couldn't hit up a target and when Richmond was able to clear the ball we3 allowwed them to take down the other end and score ridiculously easily.