Leadership

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Leadership

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Sadly lacking since Watson's injury. McVeigh , Stanton & Hille have not stepped up in the last 2 games.

The senior players should be showing more , where's the enthusiastic energy ? At the moment its the young players that are putting in (which augers well for the future).

McVeigh tonight & Stanton last week have been the turnover kings. I think we will have to dispense with the 3 ruckmen experiment so Hille & Ryder can have more responsibility & get some pace in the forward line . But FFS someone please take a mark in the forward line , Ryder stand your ground & show some strength & interest in the game.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Re: Leadership

Post by pevfan »

In all the years I've been following and playing this game, and thats well over 40 I'd like a dollar for every time I've seen a club...any club try to turn a ruckman into a forward and failed ....I reckon I'd be a very wealthy man by now....It just doesn't work...never has...never will.

Those that fail to learn from the mistakes of history are doomed to repeat them.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

You could tell from the warm up and the pre-game drills that they weren't switched on.

No huddle (to speak of) before the game. Fletcher was still running in when the rest broke away to take up their positions. Meanwhile the Melbourne huddle was tight.

A small thing - maybe - but having been a pre-game watcher for many a year I can always sense when they are going through the motions.

Stanton lead the team out and Spike tossed the coin - didn't seem to be any chat or rev up from either of these two.

The senior palyers have been very disappointing for the past few weeks.

As for Monfries - let's not get ahead of ourself son - just concentrate on providing some leadership at your own club before taking on the AFL on behalf of the PA. NLM - likewise - show some club leadership.

As for Slattery and Ryder - FFS!!!!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

McVeigh = finished

Just because you are tall, it doesn't mean that you can play forward either.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Leadership starts at the top.
I have little doubt that most of the time, most of the players, are doing exactly what they've been told to do.
If you give the players a half-ass game plan, the results are always going to look bad.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

hop wrote:You could tell from the warm up and the pre-game drills that they weren't switched on.

No huddle (to speak of) before the game. Fletcher was still running in when the rest broke away to take up their positions. Meanwhile the Melbourne huddle was tight.

A small thing - maybe - but having been a pre-game watcher for many a year I can always sense when they are going through the motions.

Stanton lead the team out and Spike tossed the coin - didn't seem to be any chat or rev up from either of these two.

I agree, the whole night seemed to be flat. The pre-game warm-up was at a very very slow pace, so slow that there is no way it would have warmed them up properly.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Ronny Rotten wrote:
The senior players should be showing more , where's the enthusiastic energy ? At the moment its the young players that are putting in (which augers well for the future).
...not really having a go at you ronny - but many of us having been saying that for 5 years plus.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

tonysoprano wrote:
Ronny Rotten wrote:
...not really having a go at you ronny - but many of us having been saying that for 5 years plus.
But years ago we didn't have the likes of Heppell or Hibberd around. I'm seeing a couple of super young players that I have never seen before going through a rebuilding stage. Howlett is coming along nicely, Zaharakis gets better and better and Lonergan has been great last few weeks! Other areas are still the same shit but the youngsters we have recruited recently have been fantastic I thought. I'm not the everything is rosey, optimistic person i use to be but it feels different this time, they have shown consistency which I like a lot!