Angry!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Angry!!!

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Watching both the Scum and Dawks come from behind has made me physically sick today. Why are we so goddamned shit!!! Richmond game we made Vickery and Rance look like superstars. This week against the Demons it was Bennell and Martin. FFS we absolutely destroyed this rabble in the NAB cup - what the hell has changed in a few months. The same shit was happening in the Knight's regime, we would start the season positively and then turn into a pile of turd. We've changed coach now you sorry excuse for a playing group, so I don't wanna hear any more excuses about the coaches and how unhappy you were with them in a couple of years time. I'm sick of making the coaches the scapegoats. I can't take any more of this crap and I'm sick of cementing some of these player's spots in their teams for years to come. So just who the f*** will it be this week in the Docker's side we will make into superstars? I will puke if Bradley kicks a career best bag against us next year. We managed to play them into final's form last year early in the season. So get your f***'t act together EFC because I'm sick of being the laughing stock and squibs of this competition. Rant over!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Angry!!!

Post by BenDoolan »

Amen.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Nice post.

Pavlich has been below par all season and had a shocker today so I expect him to kill us next week.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

In a word INJURIES!! The curse of this club now for many years. I know that sounds too simplistic, too much like an excuse but compare the side that has played the past few weeks to the one that we opened the season up with against the Doggies...Missing are Dempsey,Winderlich, Hurley, Hocking and Watson...Now I ask you, could there be any 5 more crucial players central to our game plan than the 5 I've just listed...I very much doubt it. In this era where, the Pies and Cats apart, most sides are so even, where even a fledgling side like the Suns, full of kids (albeit very promising ones) can bob up a knock off a couple of well established sides as they have done already this season, injuries to your most vital players will always make a HUGE difference. Look at Freo, they have lost their last 9 games in which Sandilands was missing. The Lions without Brown and of course Essendon without Watson.

I'd bet my house that all of our worst slumps over the seasons, including last years bear a direct co-relation to our injury toll. It happens every flamin year and it's happening again this year.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

So you dont think the EFC has gone to geat lengths to address the problems. I doubt there is more a club can do to build its stocks up other than salary cap cheating.

How about we all judge the performance of both club and playing list at the end of the season. Last 2 weeks - inexcusable from the players. Response - nothing less than a massive effort if not victory against Fremantle in Perth.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:So you dont think the EFC has gone to geat lengths to address the problems. I doubt there is more a club can do to build its stocks up other than salary cap cheating.

How about we all judge the performance of both club and playing list at the end of the season. Last 2 weeks - inexcusable from the players. Response - nothing less than a massive effort if not victory against Fremantle in Perth.
Can we expect an apology for Mr Quinn anytime soon?? Surely getting rid of him and recruiting Cormack should have solved our problems?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

It's frustrating but just shows the gap we need to close. Hirdy was spot on in his presser when he said that a sign of a good team is that it can scractch out a win even when playing poorly - look at how Carlton beat Port yesterday in 15 minutes of good footy in the 4th quarter, or Hawthorn against Freo yesterday, or Collingwood last week against Adelaide. When we play poorly as we have over the last 2 weeks, we lose; we're just not good enough to win games unless we're playing close to our best.
In a word INJURIES!! The curse of this club now for many years. I know that sounds too simplistic, too much like an excuse but compare the side that has played the past few weeks to the one that we opened the season up with against the Doggies...Missing are Dempsey,Winderlich, Hurley, Hocking and Watson...Now I ask you, could there be any 5 more crucial players central to our game plan than the 5 I've just listed...I very much doubt it.
Cop out. Firstly, Hocking's not injured, he's suspended through an act of his own stupidity. Winderlich is a fringe player and has never been an integral part of the side. Dempsey is a solid player but not in our top 8 or so most important. Obviously Watson is very important, as is Hurley, but for crying out loud, we lost to fking Melbourne - they've had the worst run with injuries out of any club this year and fielded a team of bloody nobodies on Friday. And this week, we play the team who've had the second worst run with injuries in the comp in Freo, and if we play as poorly as we did against Melbourne we'll get done by 8-12 goals.
seer
Top Up Player

Post by seer »

It is difficult to understand the sudden fall. Perhaps Hird's inexperience and his unknown reaction to defeat/s are/will be major factors at play. I hope he doesn't start finding people to blame. He must embrace the Tom Hafey philosophy after a defeat: "They wanted the ball more than us." No recriminations other than that. Confidence is 75% of the solution.
Memo James.
1. This is the parameter when selecting the team: Our backs must match their forwards for height and pace: our forwards must have an advantage in height or pace.
2. The quickest players in Bedigo's team must be fast-tracked ASAP.
New Coach, New Hope
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Same thing has happened in the past few seasons , start well & collapse in the latter half of season. Injuries have played a part true , can't blame the coaches all the time , especially now, but these can't be the only reason.

The mental toughness of the players has to addressed particularily those who have been around the last 4 - 5 seasons & have shown glimpses of promise but little consistency & in some cases a lack of desire for the hard ball.

Namely : Monfries , Stanton , Ryder , Slattery , Davey , Dyson , Lovett-Murray , Williams & Prismall. McVeigh & Welsh their best is behind them.

I feel these guys have until the rest of the year to prove themselves worthy of staying at bomberland or they are out. This coaching panel is using this year to see who wants to play in a consistently successful team or those who are down hill skiers.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Essendon teams have often suffered from complacency. They just might've expected to win v Richmond and the Dees, just as all of us expected them to.

The Dees took a pasting last week, and had something to prove. Their resolve beat our complacency, and the 3 ruck experiment to replace our injured kpf's.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Ronny Rotten wrote: I feel these guys have until the rest of the year to prove themselves worthy of staying at bomberland or they are out. This coaching panel is using this year to see who wants to play in a consistently successful team or those who are down hill skiers.
lets hope this is the case, there are a few players id like to see cut but ive always said we are only a handful of games into a new game plan so give them till the end of the year to see if they can pick it up, NO LONGER!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals