Can Alwyn Davey do a Leon Davis

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Can Alwyn Davey do a Leon Davis

Post by Windy_Hill »

What to do with Davey. Was going to be anything a few years back and since his leg injury, has never been quite the same player. Was wondering if he could make a move into defence a la Neon Leon? He has the speed and tackling strength to go with opposiiton small forwards. Whether he has the concentration or endurance is another thing?

Just a thought
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Can Alwyn Davey do a Leon Davis

Post by robrulz5 »

I don't think he would be suited to playing in defence. Davis is playing there because of his kicking skills and Alwyn doesn't possess the same skills. I would much rather him play in a forward crumbing role and also be there to help the forward press with his tackling.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Nope
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

He'd want to find some way to either reinvent himself, or become far more effective in his current role, because otherwise he will fast approach list clogger status.

So far Davey has pretty much become less effective and of less value to the team with each season that has passed, which is the wrong direction to be heading.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I wouldn't want a midget that can't compete in a marking contest in my backline..
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gimps wrote:I wouldn't want a midget that can't compete in a marking contest in my backline..
yep my thoughts exactly, he'll get pushed out and outmarked all day long
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Racist.

No. Too small, not skillful enough. Gotta start getting crumbing goals. Based on the past few years (and the start of this one) he's just not worth having in the team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Yeah right, that's all we need. A defender who can't keep his feet.

No thanks, definite trade bait at the end of the year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

What's happened to Froggy? This guy was a f****** weapon a few years ago. A fairdinkum asset. Somehow his footy has gone backwards instead of forwards. Surely he can't be washed up. And no, he aint a defender.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:What's happened to Froggy? This guy was a f****** weapon a few years ago. A fairdinkum asset. Somehow his footy has gone backwards instead of forwards. Surely he can't be washed up. And no, he aint a defender.
He wasn't just an asset he was bordering on being our most important player before his first injury
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

bomberdonnie wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:What's happened to Froggy? This guy was a f****** weapon a few years ago. A fairdinkum asset. Somehow his footy has gone backwards instead of forwards. Surely he can't be washed up. And no, he aint a defender.
He wasn't just an asset he was bordering on being our most important player before his first injury
And that last bit pretty much sums it up. I think he has lost a lot of self confidence in his own body and until he gets that back, he will never be the player he was before...
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Crazyman wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
And that last bit pretty much sums it up. I think he has lost a lot of self confidence in his own body and until he gets that back, he will never be the player he was before...

Well he better hurry up, time is not on his side.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Alwyn Davey - talk about players who have gone backwards every year in development at EFC. Remember where he went through a stage where he would always fumble the ball. He was once an important player on our team but unfortunately opposition teams have long since figured him out. He always gets monstered by opposition teams playing a bigger, stronger player on him - influence becomes all but invisible. Only thing that would stop him from getting delisted is if there is other fish to fry. I just don't see him returning to his glory days although I know he has been desperately unlucky with injuries. He just doesnt read the play well enough to be a crumber. Defensive pressure is also not that great as players will break his tackles with ease now. Along with Prismall, I really not too keen on seeing him play senior football unless there is a massive turnaround. But how long do we wait? Another couple of years? Hirdy better be ruthless with our list management.