No Pace - Bad Selections

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

No Pace - Bad Selections

Post by Windy_Hill »

Reimers, Davey, Dyson - all three players would be better suited to playing at Subi compared with the snail like mid field we have at the moment

Hocking and Lonergan, not pacey but pretty reasonable free runners, would have helped

My god how we miss the line breaking ability of Winderlich and Dempsey
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: No Pace - Bad Selections

Post by boncer34 »

jetta does davey's job but the problem is he's having to do monfries lead up role because monfries is shit. Bring in Williams for Monfries role. He can't do much worse.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

We are horrendously one-paced.
What Reimers, Davey etc have to do to get a game is beyond me.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:Dyson
:lol: No.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ossie wrote:
Dyson...couldnt be worse than 15 guys in this team
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Ossie wrote:
Dyson...couldnt be worse than 15 guys in this team
He probably could, Dyson is junk.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We went in with such a slow side today that McVeigh had to play on Hill and was slaughtered.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Davey's shit. Dyson's been good in the VFL this year at half back, but seemingly every other player in the team is a half back.

Reimers I agree should be in though.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

j-mac31 wrote:Davey's shit. Dyson's been good in the VFL this year at half back, but seemingly every other player in the team is a half back.

Especially after his ball tearing 2 disposals against Richmond !!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:Davey's shit. Dyson's been good in the VFL this year at half back, but seemingly every other player in the team is a half back.

Especially after his ball tearing 2 disposals against Richmond !!
Pretty hard to get a disposal when you've been subbed off halway through the game. Doesn't occur to perhaps move him into a position where he may get his hands on it, like.....err.......ummm.......the midfield? Na, that would require shifting the "structures". I mean, it's not like Reimers had any form of tearing the game apart from defence, midfield or forward whilst playing for Bendigo prior to that.....
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

For some reason we decided to pick a slow side this week when it was quite clear we needed pace. Three losses in a row now, I think that's more than enough for heads to roll. Some guys were great yesterday and had a dip but for the most part across the board it was an ordinary performance. Anyway it's hard to say what will happen at the selection table this week... they will probably drop Browne and bring in Stanton, Pears should replace Fletcher and maybe they will make NLM the sub. I think Riemers deserves another crack as does Davey, both are quick and goalkickers and that is what we desperatley need at the moment. For some reason we have a heap of medium sized defenders in the team at the moment... Slattery, Hardingham, Heppell, Hibberd, Browne, Myers and even NLM plays that roll from time to time. I would drop at least one of these guys, Slattery being the most likely as he seems to be battling at AFL level this season.