So Who Will Be Made an Example of This Week?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

So Who Will Be Made an Example of This Week?

Post by BenDoolan »

We have 42 players on the senior list. Only one of them is copping a hard lesson to be disciplined and shaped into a better player.

Who from this pathetic mob of feeble minded piss ants will receive the harsh treatment this week?

3 f****** losses in a row to teams like Richmond, Melbourne and Freo. FMD.

People say we have a "bad draw" because we play the top 8 teams twice and we have to travel. Woweeeeeee. So what's the excuse when you lose to the bottom 8 sides?

Last year's wooden spooners travel interstate every 2nd week. They are above us on the ladder by one and a half games.

I am officially sick and tired of excuses. And I am f****** livid with this effort. From here on in, I expect to see some guilotinning of several players from efforts such as this.

And FFS, I hope Andrew Welsh just played his farewell game.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: So Who Will Be Made an Example of This Week?

Post by robbie67 »

Hibberd, he showed far too much composure, and get up and go to be playing with this lot.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Paddy bought himself another week with his four goals but I sadly reckon its fools gold - still gets pushed off the ball like a rag doll and doesnt do enough. He is such a frustrating player coz when he is good, he is amazing. It just doesnt happen more than 10 minutes a game. Still probably did enough.

Bellchambers was in BB's best today and should be considered for a return with Hille playing as the tall forward but given Ryder's goals, probably wont be.

Hurley started to show something by the end of the game but with Fletch in doubt next week he has to go to the backline.

Outs in no particular order will be Myers, Welsh, Monfries, Lovett-Murray, Fletcher (inj)
In - Lonergan, Reimers, Williams, Prismall, Stanton (?)
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:Paddy brought himself another week with his four goals but I sadly reckon its fools gold - still gets pushed off the ball like a rag doll and doesnt do enough. He is such a frustrating player coz when he is good, he is amazing. It just doesnt happen more than 10 minutes a game.

Bellchambers was in BB's best today and should be considered for a return with Hille playing as the tall forward but given Ryder's goals, probably wont be.

Hurley started to show something by the end of the game but with Fletch in doubt next week he has to go to the backline.

Outs in no particular order will be Myers, Welsh, Monfries, Lovett-Murray, Fletcher (inj)
In - Lonergan, Reimers, Williams, Prismall, Stanton (?)
In Hocking, Stanton ... no Hocking no Stanton... no Essendon
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Actually, I reckon Crameri maybe on his last chance as well - has looked completely at sea for some reason over the last 3 weeks.

And I just noticed that Myers had 21 disposals today including 18 kicks - the most for any Bomber!! Are we mis-reading this guy, as he does seem to sneak under the radar. I still believe he should be playing in the middle
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Um, is Hocking back next week or the week after?? I thought he had one more game to serve?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:Um, is Hocking back next week or the week after?? I thought he had one more game to serve?
He copped a 3 week suspension. Since then, we've lost the next 3 matches (with a bye in between).
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Um, is Hocking back next week or the week after?? I thought he had one more game to serve?
He copped a 3 week suspension. Since then, we've lost the next 3 matches (with a bye in between).

Sorry, for some reason I thought he had 4 weeks off - in that case I would have him straight back in.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I reckon we missed Lonergan in that first half more than we missed anyone.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Was Longers injured ??
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

uptick wrote:Was Longers injured ??
Apparently he was sick.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Welsh is finished
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Windy_Hill wrote:And I just noticed that Myers had 21 disposals today including 18 kicks - the most for any Bomber!! Are we mis-reading this guy, as he does seem to sneak under the radar. I still believe he should be playing in the middle
Worst disposal efficiency on the ground (48%), most clangers on the ground (7). He was bloody appalling, and was playing in the middle for parts of today's game - he was torched by Pavlich for the 20-30 minutes he appeared to be his opponent.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:And I just noticed that Myers had 21 disposals today including 18 kicks - the most for any Bomber!! Are we mis-reading this guy, as he does seem to sneak under the radar. I still believe he should be playing in the middle
Worst disposal efficiency on the ground (48%), most clangers on the ground (7). He was bloody appalling, and was playing in the middle for parts of today's game - he was torched by Pavlich for the 20-30 minutes he appeared to be his opponent.
Jim where do you get those stats? I want a reliabe site that give me that sort of info.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tonysoprano wrote:Jim where do you get those stats? I want a reliabe site that give me that sort of info.
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/16931/Defau ... &tab=Stats

I find stats useful to compare my intuition/judgment against. My intuition today was that Myers got a bit of the ball but was absolute vomit, and i was probably being lenient - he was diarrhoea.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:Jim where do you get those stats? I want a reliabe site that give me that sort of info.

I find stats useful to compare my intuition/judgment against. My intuition today was that Myers got a bit of the ball but was absolute vomit, and i was probably being lenient - he was diarrhoea.
thanks mate.

can't believe we win the clearances and inside 50s (again!) and still get pantsed.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:

thanks mate.

can't believe we win the clearances and inside 50s (again!) and still get pantsed.
This just shows that raw stats are meaningless.....we may have won the inside 50's but if we added the word "quality" to that stat, I would strongly suggest that we would have been soundly thrashed in that area.

Jim...what was the stat for marks inside 50? I remember when we took one late in the second quarter, I said to my mate that it was only our 2nd or 3rd inside 50 mark for the game....as a result of shit delivery.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

swoodley wrote:Jim...what was the stat for marks inside 50? I remember when we took one late in the second quarter, I said to my mate that it was only our 2nd or 3rd inside 50 mark for the game....as a result of shit delivery.
13-8, their way. Ryder had 3 of those, no one else managed more than one for us.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

robrulz5 wrote:
uptick wrote:Was Longers injured ??
Apparently he was sick.
Thanks, so was I , about 5 mins into the match. !!
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Actually, I reckon Crameri maybe on his last chance as well - has looked completely at sea for some reason over the last 3 weeks.

And I just noticed that Myers had 21 disposals today including 18 kicks - the most for any Bomber!! Are we mis-reading this guy, as he does seem to sneak under the radar. I still believe he should be playing in the middle
Yeah, read Jimmy's points below and my thoughts on the Slattery, Hooker, NLM et al thread.

This bloke is PURE JUNK

I only recall him hitting one bloke on the tit, and I don't think he was even aiming for him.