The bullshit is starting again

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

The bullshit is starting again

Post by jimmyc1985 »

"The positive thing out of the last 40 minutes was that we used the ball a lot better into our forward 50 and actually started to look dangerous going into the forward line again, which we haven't for the last few weeks," Hird said.

"Our last 40 minutes of football was very good and that's a positive because we've sort of come out of a form slump. We'd like to think we're back playing the sort of football we want to play. Hopefully that will keep going in the next week against North Melbourne."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Yeah mate, just like we played some "very good" football for about 15 minutes in the 4th quarter against Richmond, and some "very good" football for 20 minutes against Melbourne in the 4th quarter. And i'm sure we'll play 15 minutes of "very good" football against North next week when the game is well and truly over, too.

Don't feed me the horseshit.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: The bullshit is starting again

Post by tonysoprano »

f*** me. if i wasn't ropeable before - I am now.

I tried to calm down on the drive home (and did!) - but f*** me Jim - that was as pathetic a response as was our football over the last 3 weeks.

Edit: Sorry jimmy - I was referring to Sir James.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ive challenged Robbo to publicly criticize and challenge the EFC this week, we'll see if he does, he was pretty "colourful" on twitter tonight
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Jazz_84 wrote:ive challenged Robbo to publicly criticize and challenge the EFC this week, we'll see if he does, he was pretty "colourful" on twitter tonight

Would be nice and hopefully it would give them a rev up. Seems to work for all the other clubs.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jazz_84 wrote:ive challenged Robbo to publicly criticize and challenge the EFC this week, we'll see if he does, he was pretty "colourful" on twitter tonight
Jazz - you have too much time on your hands

Following Robbo on twitter ... yikes!!!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:

Would be nice and hopefully it would give them a rev up. Seems to work for all the other clubs.
well he's done it to Melb before playing us and then Pav before playing us, how about the team your meant to follow for a change....

haha yeah maybe too much time
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jazz_84 wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:

well he's done it to Melb before playing us and then Pav before playing us, how about the team your meant to follow for a change....

haha yeah maybe too much time
Well at least you're not following Caro or the bearded one.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
"The positive thing out of the last 40 minutes was that we used the ball a lot better into our forward 50 and actually started to look dangerous going into the forward line again, which we haven't for the last few weeks," Hird said.

"Our last 40 minutes of football was very good and that's a positive because we've sort of come out of a form slump. We'd like to think we're back playing the sort of football we want to play. Hopefully that will keep going in the next week against North Melbourne."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx

Yeah mate, just like we played some "very good" football for about 15 minutes in the 4th quarter against Richmond, and some "very good" football for 20 minutes against Melbourne in the 4th quarter. And i'm sure we'll play 15 minutes of "very good" football against North next week when the game is well and truly over, too.

Don't feed me the horseshit.
How sad.
Essendunny
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

We have played good football for 10 or so minutes because the other teams have put the cue in the rack and allowed us to play good football. The fact that our pathetic mini-challenges have been put down so easily speaks volumes for how easily opposition teams can go up a gear against us. I feel so sorry for our WA supporters that they have to put up with this same shit every year, the club needs to start apologising to our members over there.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

So doomsayers all what, pray tell, is Sir James meant to say ? Is he meant to out publicly and say we are crap and there is no redeeming hope for the second half of the season.

Reading the comments, I can see that Hirdymoon IS over on Bombertalk and some of you are on the verge of open revolt against him. This is not something you did to even the previous coach Matthew Knights in his first year. So shut the hell up the lot of you and get behind the team instead of being armchair critics. The team needs our support now more than ever.

Whatever personnel problems will be addressed at the end of the season. We've were up for a long time and I dont think it was realistically unexpected that there may be a form slump. This along with the Winderlich,Dempsey,Watson,Hurley injuries and the moronic act of Hocking have all contributed to what we are seeing. That doesnt mean the early form cannot be re-found.

Form comes and form goes. Top sides retain their form throughout most of the season and find a way to win. We are NOT a top side and wont be for a couple of years.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Hirdy = Sheedy mark II.

Come out and say the performance was pathetic, that the effort was pathetic, that the run was pathetic. If you can not admit this, if you can not own up to the fact that the only reason we got back into the game was because Freo took their foot on the gas, then we will go nowhere.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Hirdy = Sheedy mark II.

Come out and say the performance was pathetic, that the effort was pathetic, that the run was pathetic. If you can not admit this, if you can not own up to the fact that the only reason we got back into the game was because Freo took their foot on the gas, then we will go nowhere.
I would suggest he will be telling the players that. Not sure it needs to be spelled out to the public through the media who will be running their own agenda anyway. If any Essendon player picks uo a newspaper today, they may want to take some antacid first - its only going to cause some serious gastri reflux
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

MH_Bomber wrote:So doomsayers all what, pray tell, is Sir James meant to say ? Is he meant to out publicly and say we are crap and there is no redeeming hope for the second half of the season.
I don't want him to say anything - actions speak louder than words; I wanna see improvement and I don't wanna hear spin and especially for the money he is getting paid.
MH_Bomber wrote:
Reading the comments, I can see that Hirdymoon IS over on Bombertalk and some of you are on the verge of open revolt against him. This is not something you did to even the previous coach Matthew Knights in his first year. So shut the hell up the lot of you and get behind the team instead of being armchair critics. The team needs our support now more than ever.
Value for your dollar though - this coaching panel is worth six or seven times what the previous coaching panel was worth. Two people are doing the same job but one is getting paid proportionally more - you will always judge the one getting paid more harshly. When you're paying more and the results are the same, naturally you will be upset. Secondly I believe Hird inherited the better list from Knights and Knights inherited an absolute shit truck of a list from Sheedy.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Value for your dollar though - this coaching panel is worth six or seven times what the previous coaching panel was worth. Two people are doing the same job but one is getting paid proportionally more - you will always judge the one getting paid more harshly. When you're paying more and the results are the same, naturally you will be upset. Secondly I believe Hird inherited the better list from Knights and Knights inherited an absolute shit truck of a list from Sheedy.
So because we have the dream team in place and are paying them more than we did Knights et al then obviously the side will be instantaneously transformed into a Geelong circa 2007 or Essendon 2000 ? Hird and the coaching panel are attempting to teach the players how to play a more defensive contested brand of footy. The very thing we weren't last year. The side isn't going to learn this overnight. When new coach takes over and changes the game plan the will be a learning curve. You people are giving James Hird less slack than people gave Hardwick at Richmond and Bailey at Melbourne. It is only now in Bailey's third year that he was heavily criticised.

All I am saying is there were signs yesterday - the likes of Hibberd and Hardingham played pretty well. I like this young bloke Alex Bourke.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

MH_Bomber wrote: So because we have the dream team in place and are paying them more than we did Knights et al then obviously the side will be instantaneously transformed into a Geelong circa 2007 or Essendon 2000 ? Hird and the coaching panel are attempting to teach the players how to play a more defensive contested brand of footy. The very thing we weren't last year. The side isn't going to learn this overnight. When new coach takes over and changes the game plan the will be a learning curve. You people are giving James Hird less slack than people gave Hardwick at Richmond and Bailey at Melbourne. It is only now in Bailey's third year that he was heavily criticised.

All I am saying is there were signs yesterday - the likes of Hibberd and Hardingham played pretty well. I like this young bloke Alex Bourke.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. You say that the side won't instataneously be transformed? But it was in the early parts of the season and preseason. You surely can't unlearn these lessons in the space of a few weeks? I'm sorry but I can't accept this excuse about needing to teach the players how to play a more contested brand of footy, they demonstrated this at the start of the season when we were being talked about as an unlikely top 4 contender. But now we've gone back to playing the putrid football we've played for the last 6-7 years. And now I have to listen to the shit on SEN about all of these so called superstar recruits for Carlton like Duigan, Kirnow, Laidlaw and now the Irishman Toohey. Even Richmond supporters are ringing in and sinking the boots in now; KB even throwing in a few cheap shots. I seriously feel like puking right now and this is better than the acceptance phase that I went through for the last few years.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

MH_Bomber wrote:
Hird and the coaching panel are attempting to teach the players how to play a more defensive contested brand of footy.
Wow - it takes until you get to the most elite level of a sport that you have been playing most of your life until you learn to play contested football.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Firstly BomberFan why listen to SEN ? Secondly why pay any heed to anyone of Richmond or Carlton persuasion ? They say the same things about us when we are flying !!!!!

Thirdly, to quote Jack Dyer from The Club, we were playing like March champions at the beginning of this season. The business end is now and henceforth. The injuries and suspensions to key, what I like to call grunt, players was very ill timed. The absence of likes of Watson, Hocking and Hurley has far-reaching effect on the team. Two of our best running players going down in the Carlton game was covered for a while but the toll is being paid now.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

tonysoprano wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:
Hird and the coaching panel are attempting to teach the players how to play a more defensive contested brand of footy.
Wow - it takes until you get to the most elite level of a sport that you have been playing most of your life until you learn to play contested football.
Okay lets re-appoint Matthew Knights then !!! :shock:

For God's sake the last three years we have been on the end of some terrible hidings because of a completely non accountable game plan. Earth to TonySoprano - we are trying to unlearn bad habits and learn proper accountable footy.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:So doomsayers all what, pray tell, is Sir James meant to say ? Is he meant to out publicly and say we are crap and there is no redeeming hope for the second half of the season.
What's a 'doomsayer' in this circumstance? The team itself has presented itself as a mob of inept bollock jugglers. There's no need to try and gloss over this ineptness with fluff talk. He could have said a lot of things other than what he said. Like;

"This effort is nowhere near good enough"
"We need to work out why we can switch on for the last 40 minutes of the match and not the first 80"
"Despite that late surge, we were very disappointing"

I could go on....
Haha....if we're 'doomsayers' then you're a drama queen. Bit over the top this part...
Whatever personnel problems will be addressed at the end of the season. We've were up for a long time and I dont think it was realistically unexpected that there may be a form slump. This along with the Winderlich,Dempsey,Watson,Hurley injuries and the moronic act of Hocking have all contributed to what we are seeing. That doesnt mean the early form cannot be re-found.
Nup, no more excuses. I can take a loss against a good side, but dropping 3 in a row to teams supposedly BELOW us is unacceptable.
Form comes and form goes. Top sides retain their form throughout most of the season and find a way to win. We are NOT a top side and wont be for a couple of years.
That's it, throw in the towel and say "we'll be right in a couple of years". There'll be a couple of retirements by then......and a couple of inevitable injuries to key players in 2013.....and some new recruits making their debuts......and some shocking losses to shit teams....... and then you can insert you're "We are NOT a top side and wont be for a couple of years".
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Bomber_Fan wrote:
I don't want him to say anything - actions speak louder than words; I wanna see improvement and I don't wanna hear spin and especially for the money he is getting paid.
:lol: Thats' not really the way a post-match press conference works.
BenDoolan wrote:
What's a 'doomsayer' in this circumstance? The team itself has presented itself as a mob of inept bollock jugglers. There's no need to try and gloss over this ineptness with fluff talk. He could have said a lot of things other than what he said. Like;

"This effort is nowhere near good enough"
"We need to work out why we can switch on for the last 40 minutes of the match and not the first 80"
"Despite that late surge, we were very disappointing"

I could go on....
To be fair - he did.
"We really lost it in that first quarter and the psychology of football is that we have to work out why we started like that, but I think Fremantle were better for more of the game than we were," Hird said.

"We had a good patch in the last quarter, but it was a disappointing effort overall.

"We lost our structure a couple of times, which was disappointing, because we have talked about that. They certainly dictated to our players where they went, which was disappointing as well. Structurally the first quarter was very disappointing and we didn't start the way we should have."
FFS some of you people are deluded.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.