No excuses but have to say..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

No excuses but have to say..

Post by filthy2 »

..that those 1st 3 soft clearances they got from truly dodgey (sorry mate) holding the balls when no prior was given that lead to goals didn't help much in the confidence department.

And in the last quarter when 22 ponts down, Freo blokes throws the pill to Freo bloke on mark who only then throws to Leroy who took the mark and no 50? That would put Leroy in the square and us 16 down was incompetent...as usual. Only 3 maggots missed it. :roll:

BT was having kittens...." Why isn't that 50? Thats an instant 50? "

Wouldn't have made much difference I guess given our patheticism but gee.....
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: No excuses but have to say..

Post by swoodley »

That's right Filth....

NO EXCUSES
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

True Woody....but isn't it wierd that when we were flying only 4 weeks ago, those 3 setbacks resulting in the 1st 3 goals of the game we would have overcame.

Then you lose Watto, HH, Humphrey and yesterday Lonergan out of your mid, and your whole year crumbles before your eyes including all the shit decisions not going your way.

As I alluded to elsewhere all this has done has highlighted shortcomings of the obvious and usual suspects which makes the end of year culling more simple I guess.

LMF they used to call it in the WW2 forces...Lack of Moral Fibre. :(
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

lol...."no excuses....but here's some!"

The points you made were valid though. Jesus it pissed me off when they got those first free kicks, the commentators didn't even comment on a lack of prior opportunity, and then they start talking up how Freo has won the first few clearances :roll:
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I think we have got to accept this far into the season that we're not on a level playing field in terms of umpiring especially the incorrect disposal and holding the ball rule. Ergo I've given up complaining about the umpiring. It's frustrating to see one set of rules applying to opposition teams and then another to us. Players on other teams are allowed to get away with blatant throws but they're "just trying to dispose of the ball". And then there is the holding the ball rule - our players will get the ball and instantly get tackled by three players and it's holding the ball. Players from other teams will have time to look for options, make the decision not to dispose the ball and when they're caught in possession with the ball, it's called ball up or play on. Now I know people will tell me it will even itself out and I know we've had some dodgy holding the ball decisions go our way but the the ledger is so far in the negative against us that it has become utter ridiculous.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

For f*** sake

Would you lot get over your bloody persecution complex with regard to us and the umpires.

There were a heap of Freo supporters around me yesterday baying for the umpires blood at what they thought were poor decisions that favoured Essendon.

You would struggle to find any set of supporters who don't feel that their team is hard done by.

There is no conspiracy (except inside your heads) so just give it up.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

swoodley wrote:
There is no conspiracy
No doubt about that.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:For f*** sake

Would you lot get over your bloody persecution complex with regard to us and the umpires.

There were a heap of Freo supporters around me yesterday baying for the umpires blood at what they thought were poor decisions that favoured Essendon.

You would struggle to find any set of supporters who don't feel that their team is hard done by.

Unfortunately when some of us start pointing the finger at senior players, team selections, coaching manoeuvres (or lack thereof) we are being 'doomsayers' or 'ridiculous'.
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i saw more then enough throws or just drops while in a pack from the EFC, it's allowed by all now, i thought the umpiring was ok
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

swoodley wrote:For f*** sake

Agree. When your team (or supporters) worry about getting the rub of the green from the umps ... then you're just another middle of the table team wannabes. And I want more than this. Much more.

The team started the year ruthless ... but it seems we used up all our ruthlessness in the Gold Coast game ... shades of that "great" comeback game in the early Noughties against Norf after which we did stuff all for the season (and another few after that).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

s'dreams wrote:
swoodley wrote: The team started the year ruthless ... but it seems we used up all our ruthlessness in the Gold Coast game ... shades of that "great" comeback game in the early Noughties against Norf after which we did stuff all for the season (and another few after that).
I've been thinking this for the last couple of weeks, even before yesterday's rubbish. Ever since that Gold Coast game, we have played crap. Even the wins we've had have been very ugly wins. Did we beat Gold Coast so easily that we got carried away with ourselves? Did we think that wins against St Kilda and Bulldogs were giant killings when actually both those two teams are so far off the boil they're frozen?

Whatever our attitude problem is, it all seemed to start after that game. Hirdy himself after the West Coast win crapped on about good teams being able to win even when they play badly. It worried me at the time as a comment - sounded like he already thought we were a good team, which clearly we are not yet.

Yesterday, when we finally pulled our finger out and played well for ten minutes, I think that attitude thing kicked in again. We thought all we had to do was kick a few more and we could steal the game, whereas actually all Freo had to do was steady a bit and they could pull away from us again.

LMF is spot on.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Not huge on the umpire bashing on here, but they were f****** disgraceful. I was watching the game with a Carlton supporter and a Melbourne supporter (whom both hate Essendon). Both of them were as baffled as i was. And both of them said the same thing that Filthy did.

We played shit footy, so I won't blame the umpires for the loss. But f*** me, it was like there was 2 sets of rules out there.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

BomberinJapan wrote:lol...."no excuses....but here's some!"

The points you made were valid though. Jesus it pissed me off when they got those first free kicks, the commentators didn't even comment on a lack of prior opportunity, and then they start talking up how Freo has won the first few clearances :roll:
Gees least i'm not alone in thinking that. Umps were red hot and were willing to crucify us early when really , there wasn't much opportunity to get rid of the pil.
I just gritted my teeth and said, here we go again. And then prayed that we wouldn't get crucified away from home like we always do.
Commentators were also disgraceful early, and was like they were just waking up for the day and didn't want to start critising umps within the first 5 minutes.
Its also amazing that on the couch , they highlighted Kepler Bradley not receiving 50 when he started wobbling his head in a fake attempt to milk 50 when it wasn't there. Gerard Healy reckoned it was deserving of 50. What a load of rubbish. Hooker attempted to spoil, then Bradley went to ground while Hooker barely touched him a 2nd time.
No one highlights the Jetta 50 that was clearly an incorrect call.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gerard Healy is an absolute farktard.. I lost respect for that c*** when he lied, writing an article about sneaking into the 2000 Olympics Opening Ceremony. Going into detail about how the security was rubbish etc etc... The prick was chatting to me, whilst drinking pots with Mike Sheehan at the Media Village. Also making a shit attempt at picking up chicks. Not within a country mile of the Olympic Stadium.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Gimps wrote:Gerard Healy is an absolute farktard.. Also making a shit attempt at picking up chicks. Not within a country mile of the Olympic Stadium.
Hope you were more successful lol. Agree that there is something slimy about Healy that I probably don't want to put my finger on. Aaron Davey from Melbourne got absolutely crucified by that muppet Luke Darcy for doing something similar as to what happened to Jetta - nobody cares though because it was just Essendon and we're always whinging about the umpires sigh. And we do have to give Fremantle a chance to get back and set up their structures, wouldn't be fair if we had a chance at scoring a goal.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Bomber_Fan wrote:
Gimps wrote:Gerard Healy is an absolute farktard.. Also making a shit attempt at picking up chicks. Not within a country mile of the Olympic Stadium.
Hope you were more successful lol.
Yep. A 20 year old stunner from Holland, with the unusual name of FEMKE. Old Gerard would've entertained himself, unless Mike did it for him :lol:
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gimps wrote:
Bomber_Fan wrote:
Hope you were more successful lol.
Yep. A 20 year old stunner from Holland, with the unusual name of FEMKE. Old Gerard would've entertained himself, unless Mike did it for him :lol:
the guy telling the story always gets the stunner 8)
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I didn't have a camera back then, so can't prove it.. You'll have to take my word for it :wink: