Hooker

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Hooker

Post by gringo »

Trade him. We've got more than enough talls and he's a worse version of Danny Jacobs.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Hooker

Post by robbie67 »

We are a better team with Hooker on the bench and playing one short. He is just a tall Slattery. Will never make it.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

How was that ridiculous girly push in the back he gave away near the end of the quarter? We had all the momentum and with that one stupid act it stopped us dead. Possibly worse disposal than Slattery under pressure, easily worse when under no pressure, can't run, somewhat unaccountable...he can take a ripping grab but that along doesn't warrant a spot in the team.

Cannot be on our list next season.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Who else would you prefer at full back, gents?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

gringo wrote:How was that ridiculous girly push in the back he gave away near the end of the quarter? We had all the momentum and with that one stupid act it stopped us dead. Possibly worse disposal than Slattery under pressure, easily worse when under no pressure, can't run, somewhat unaccountable...he can take a ripping grab but that along doesn't warrant a spot in the team.

Cannot be on our list next season.
This happened right in front of me, I could not beleive anyone could be so stupid in pushing aomeone in the back the way he did....I agree he has to go. Too many mistakes too often.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Ossie wrote:Who else would you prefer at full back, gents?
Anything or anyone. Play 17 if needs be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Bit harsh i reckon... I think Cale has done a great job at full back in the absence of Pears...

Was he subbed off today because of form or was he injured??
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Bit harsh i reckon... I think Cale has done a great job at full back in the absence of Pears...

Neither.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Couldn't disagree more. Too harsh on him Gringo!

Just curious, what does he do to make you feel this way?

He is a solid mark, can make some great play off defense. Prone to an occasional f*** up, but so was Watson today but we aint gonna drop him are we. If we were a better team he wouldn't be made to look bad...because he's not.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

gringo wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Bit harsh i reckon... I think Cale has done a great job at full back in the absence of Pears...

Neither.
Well played again
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

if he isn't there next year, we either have to have Pears back there along with Ryder/Hurley rotating through CHB or go out and obtain a quality running CHB

im not fussed if he is there in 2012 or not at the moment, but if we can get a more complete player then hell yeah get him
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Ossie wrote:Who else would you prefer at full back, gents?
Anyone that one day may be capable of being good in the role. Hooker simply does not have the poise, nor the ability. I dont like to have to say it because he I do love his attitude, and his agression, but he is just not good enough.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I don't mind Hooker, but more for some good shows above his perceived skills. He has done the job well on occasion.

His fast gait is more of a strange shuffle, as he looks unable to fully lift his thighs whilst running. It appears to be his biggest disadvantage. He seems to read the play well, but his mobility isn't what you'd hope from a KPP.

Who replaces him this week? Carlisle?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Pears will be the full back in the long term. Hooker does alright for a guy who is always outnumbered.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I like him as a key defender, probably not the number one option, so lucky we have Pears. Yeah, he makes some awful f*** ups, but he's still only in his second year as a first choice defender. Still plenty of time.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

j-mac31 wrote:I like him as a key defender, probably not the number one option, so lucky we have Pears. Yeah, he makes some awful f*** ups, but he's still only in his second year as a first choice defender. Still plenty of time.
Have to agree with that, sure he's prone to the odd f*** up and he's out of form at the moment but he's been good over the last couple of years. Calls to trade him are over the top based on a few bad performances in a row. Having said all that thank f*** Buddy is probably going to be suspended this week... Hooker would of been Buddy's bitch.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:I like him as a key defender, probably not the number one option, so lucky we have Pears. Yeah, he makes some awful f*** ups, but he's still only in his second year as a first choice defender. Still plenty of time.
Have to agree with that, sure he's prone to the odd f*** up and he's out of form at the moment but he's been good over the last couple of years. Calls to trade him are over the top based on a few bad performances in a row. Having said all that thank f*** Buddy is probably going to be suspended this week... Hooker would of been Buddy's bitch.
Everyone has been Buddy's bitch - Fletcher, McPhee, Hooker, Ryder and anyone else who goes near him.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Looks as though both Buddy and Cale will be missing from Friday nights clash :P
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

He has been around long enough not to do such stupid things such as that dunb push in the back which killed our momentum. He can take a good grab but still drops too many. He bleeds at least 2 goals a game through cockups and every time he gets the pill I have an "Oh Shit moment. On the other hand he is tall and mobile.

If he can overcome the stuffups to an acceptable level he will make it. At the moment, I cannot see it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Well all of you who would prefer to see him out of the team will have your wish over the next three weeks due to his hamstring injury.

I'm sure you'll all be much more impressed with whoever takes his place :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012