Changes to be made

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Changes to be made

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Changes now have to be made to the " gameplan" & the players . If the coaching panel can sit in the outer with the frustrated fans plenty of informative advice will be given , from what i can see we have GONE BACK to the Knightmares of yesteryear. IE :

1 Handball to a man in worse position or is covered , whatever happened to kicking.
2 Have ALL the forwards hanging around the wing doing SFA & when someone finally breaks free there is NO ONE to kick to , or if there is , its usually a small, he has 2-3 opponents . Whats the point of having 3 ruckmen if they are not in position to mark close to goal. We are getting run off so easily from our forward line.
3 FFS have SOMEONE take a Mark in the forward 50
4 Not manning up.
5 Turnovers are the norm , like last year

Hird has had enough time to observe this list , apart from Heppell & Hibberd the rest are left overs from the Knights era and are playing to last years standard. Now is the time to play the kids
Guys like Welsh (gawn), Ryder (lazy) , Monfries (inconsistent) ,McVeigh (gawn), Myers (too slow) & perhaps a few more. Give game time to Carlisle , Reimers , Gumbleton , Browne etc. Actually give a game to anyone who has some heart & pride for the Bombers

This year was always going to be a year of discovery , i bet Hird & his assistants would have discovered a lot about some these retards.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Changes to be made

Post by MH_Bomber »

Yes there will be many hard decisions needed to made at the end of the year. I think some of the older players need to look at the performances this year and ask themselves do they want to put their hand up to walk or retire or do they want to be told to do so ?

Football is a brutal business and some brutal home truths will need to be pondered by old team mates.

After tonight, any idea of trying to build this current list into a good team should be jettisoned. The season is now officially over and we must look to next year and giving young blokes experience.

So against Geelong I'd drop Hille, McVeigh, Welsh for a start. Davey was his usual useless 'running around like a headless chook' self and I dont think anymore time should be wasted on him. So thats 4 omissions and then we have 3 forced changes.

We will more than likely get slaughtered by ten goals but I'd prefer to see players that can actually run than how slow the team was tonight.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

MH_Bomber wrote:.... thats 4 omissions and then we have 3 forced changes.

We will more than likely get slaughtered by ten goals but I'd prefer to see players that can actually run than how slow the team was tonight.
More like 20. :oops: 8-[
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

MH_Bomber wrote:So against Geelong I'd drop Hille, McVeigh, Welsh for a start. Davey was his usual useless 'running around like a headless chook' self and I dont think anymore time should be wasted on him. So thats 4 omissions and then we have 3 forced changes.
Welcome to 2008, MH.

Anything interesting to add, or are you going to wait until 2015 to declare Myers, Dyson and Stanton utter tripe?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Agree with the OP

We have a superb coaching set up that will only improve. They are also finding out at exactly the right time who is fair dinkum and who isnt, makes planning for next season so much easier

Good news is I have finally come to terms with losing Ryder. Love the guy but its not working for him or for us. Will land us a first round draft pick despite his average form

I am also certain that the following will be traded, retired, delisted

McVeigh
Welsh
Monfries
Lovett Murray
Myers
Fletcher (retired with honours)
Davey
Dyson
Prismall
Slattery

We will secure 2, maybe three top 20 picks and with some luck, draft some Heppell like talent

Here is the reality, the following players have a future, the rest needs to be found

Blank Blank Hardingham
Hibberd Pears Heppell
Zaharakis Watson Melksham
Blank Hurley Blank
Jetta Blank Blank

Hille, Hocking, Blank

Lonergan, Stanton, Bellchambers, Blank
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i said last night and ill have to guts to say it on here but i think Hille is done also, i know he can't do much with the shit heap surrounding him but he used to be able to do it but can't impose himself anymore. attitude maybe but he doesn't have time to regain his form as this team wont be doing much for a year or 2
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:So against Geelong I'd drop Hille, McVeigh, Welsh for a start. Davey was his usual useless 'running around like a headless chook' self and I dont think anymore time should be wasted on him. So thats 4 omissions and then we have 3 forced changes.
Welcome to 2008, MH.

Anything interesting to add, or are you going to wait until 2015 to declare Myers, Dyson and Stanton utter tripe?
Jim, one question, has Dyson had one senior game this year ? - NO At least he has pace. Given the circumstances, I would give this bloke a run in the seniors and see if can produce anything for the new regime.

I have been on Davey's case for at least about 2 seasons year.

I thought Stanton was one of the very few that stood up last night. Once again he has the capacity to keep running and creating - which he did.

Myers well he's pretty much a dud but he did go off with a bad injury so I dont know if he was trying to play on with that when on the field.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

It would be nice to least play a forward in our line-up for structure's sake. I'm not talking about ruckmen-cum-full forwards or half-forward flankers. The current structure not working so let's at least try something different FFS.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Bomber_Fan wrote:It would be nice to least play a forward in our line-up for structure's sake. I'm not talking about ruckmen-cum-full forwards or half-forward flankers. The current structure not working so let's at least try something different FFS.
Having an actual player in the forward half of the ground would be a good start before we begin worrying about who it is.
This was a massive issue under Knights.
It was fixed in the first games this year....and we were winning...
...and now it's exactly the f****** same as last year.

I want to know what the story is.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BomberinJapan wrote:
Bomber_Fan wrote:It would be nice to least play a forward in our line-up for structure's sake. I'm not talking about ruckmen-cum-full forwards or half-forward flankers. The current structure not working so let's at least try something different FFS.
Having an actual player in the forward half of the ground would be a good start before we begin worrying about who it is.
This was a massive issue under Knights.
It was fixed in the first games this year....and we were winning...
...and now it's exactly the f****** same as last year.

I want to know what the story is.
couldn't agree more. watching Hille lead to wing before someone would honour his lead is heart-breaking.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Can we please develop a clash Guernsey that looks nothing like our traditional attire and play in that for the rest of the year?

75% of those imposters who represented our once great club last night do not deserve the right.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

hop wrote:Can we please develop a clash Guernsey that looks nothing like our traditional attire and play in that for the rest of the year?

75% of those imposters who represented our once great club last night do not deserve the right.
Change the sash to yellow? We're doing a mighty good impersonation.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Trading Hille to GWS is looking all the more appetising come seasons end... I know he has been a great servant of the club and is under contract but the re-signing of TB seems to me to be another nail in Hille's coffin. TB and Ryder will be the two ruckmen next season and we will definately draft another young one.

Yes he may still have a few years off good footy left, but we should try and offload him now while he still has some value to the new sides. Hell if Josh Fraser can be snapped up by GC, Hille certainly will be.

Prismall and Dyson are gone as is Williams....
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

MH_Bomber wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Welcome to 2008, MH.

Jim, one question, has Dyson had one senior game this year ? - NO At least he has pace. Given the circumstances, I would give this bloke a run in the seniors and see if can produce anything for the new regime.

I thought Stanton was one of the very few that stood up last night. Once again he has the capacity to keep running and creating - which he did.

Myers well he's pretty much a dud but he did go off with a bad injury so I dont know if he was trying to play on with that when on the field.
My point was that serial excuse makers such as yourself just can't see the wood from the trees.

We are unadulterated cat shit and will be for a number of years at a minimum, no matter what the umpires, or injuries, or Demetriou, or the MRP, or whatever else do on a weekly basis.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

the players are soft but the selections are soft and also the club is soft and will continue to be nice to players and keep them on when it's blindingly clear to everyone there are 10 guys that arn't good enough!

we are a weak ass club that wont take the aggressive stance it needs to get back up to where it belongs
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

MH_Bomber wrote: I thought Stanton was one of the very few that stood up last night. Once again he has the capacity to keep running and f****** up - which he did.
Fixed.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Ah poor old Stanton. Can anyone tell me please exactly what he did before the game was over last night? Yes, he had a great second half, yes he "tried", yes, he kept going. But honestly, it's not as if no one notices this. This sort of stuff is what drives me nuts about the club, and quite a few people that support it. They think he did he's f****** job. He didnt.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

My point was that serial excuse makers such as yourself just can't see the wood from the trees.

We are unadulterated cat shit and will be for a number of years at a minimum, no matter what the umpires, or injuries, or Demetriou, or the MRP, or whatever else do on a weekly basis.
That's a load of rubbish Jimmy. I have been as critical as anyone on this website about poor efforts especially poor efforts by players.
Go into Advanced search and do a search of the word "rabble" in posts by me over at least the last 5 years. You will find quite a few references to me referring to my worries about us having become a complete rabble.

I don't like to tar all the team with the same brush. If there are good performers I am likely to tip my hat to this. The trouble is we never seem to be able to have many players putting in good performances over many weeks.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

robbie67 wrote:Ah poor old Stanton. Can anyone tell me please exactly what he did before the game was over last night? Yes, he had a great second half, yes he "tried", yes, he kept going. But honestly, it's not as if no one notices this. This sort of stuff is what drives me nuts about the club, and quite a few people that support it. They think he did he's f****** job. He didnt.
They were all abysmal up until half time. Stanton at least turned his game around within the game by playing better in the second half.

For what its worth I am annoyed as the rest of you about the collective weak as piss efforts. There will need to be a severe reckoning of who we should go forward with. Basically there would be a handful of players that I would adjudge as off limits for trading or retirement at the moment.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

robbie67 wrote:Ah poor old Stanton. Can anyone tell me please exactly what he did before the game was over last night? Yes, he had a great second half, yes he "tried", yes, he kept going. But honestly, it's not as if no one notices this. This sort of stuff is what drives me nuts about the club, and quite a few people that support it. They think he did he's f****** job. He didnt.
Yep.

He has been my Voldemort for 3 weeks - 'he who must not be named' - however my blood continues to boil.

What I do notice is that at critcal times when he can make a real impact: Like the last quarter aganst Norf - running at the ball against a couple of opponents - jogged unconvincingly, out positioned, couldn't effect a tackle, ball swept away - gaol to them:
or:
Last night - Members wing - 3rd quarter - ball in a 50/50 with Stants and a 'shit and piss' opponent equal distance from it, the Hawk wins the ball easily - Stants well back from making a contest - again, ball swept away into their forward 50.

How many times have we seen this? Or, his other trade mark of kicking into the man on the mark?

Picking up cheapies because he has a tank and can run at the same pace all night - doth not a mid-fielder make.

This bloke is a recidivist of the highest order. A Wayne Campbell clone!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.