Melksham joins casualty list.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

Melksham joins casualty list.

Post by filthy2 »

Essendon's injury crisis intensified yesterday when it emerged that speedy midfielder Jake Melksham, like captain Jobe Watson and defender David Myers, had injured his hamstring

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/h ... z1QLhDlv84

Umm ..... maybe that pre-season from hell wasn't a great idea (in 20-20 hindsight).
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Melksham joins casualty list.

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hamcormacks?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Bloody hell.... what a terrible night for everyone involved, 4 injuries to come out of the match is a big concern.

Why don't other clubs seem to have the problems we have with hammys??
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

silver lining is Hird has been looking to give him a spell for a while now, he's got his wish at least
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Turning into a real c*** of a season.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Wonderful! Now we can use injuries yet again as an excuse for our pathetic season. Deja vu again!!!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

The mid season departure of the fitness coach smells to high heaven given the spate of these soft tissue injuries.

Cormack's record at WC was pretty ordinary. There were a lot of blokes there with chronic soft tissue injuries that have now seemingly cleared up with his departure or their departure elsewhere.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

...again...I will restate that our skill, competitiveness, win / loss results revolve almost entirely around our fitness. we are not even close to being elite level fit. our whole program needs an overhaul. that may include facilities, that may include specific programs targeting specific deficits. i am no expert (anyone on here in bio-mechanics, sports medicine, physical fitness training?) but it seems obvious when you watch how often we are trailing our opponents, how few we have that deliver 2nd efforts, and how many injuries we have had (particularly soft tissue) over the last few years because we are trying to keep up with bodies that are just not capable of the demands of the game.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Is it Groundhog Day?

I guess I can predict that it will only keep on getting worse, and that by the time we are due to play Adelaide in Adelaide, we will only be in a position to select Michael Quinn to play his only game for the year, Nathan Lovett-Murray will be selected to play ruck, and we will be murdered by almost 100 points...

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

What has shocked me is Hird admitting that the team is not fit enough to go a full season - I mean, WTF!!!!!

I thought our guys had the biggest pre-season since Sheeds made them do laps of Windy Hill on hands and knees???
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Windy_Hill wrote:What has shocked me is Hird admitting that the team is not fit enough to go a full season - I mean, WTF!!!!!

I thought our guys had the biggest pre-season since Sheeds made them do laps of Windy Hill on hands and knees???
Saw that, but I also recall reading elsewhere early on that our preseason this year was not so much about this year, but about future years and putting muscle onto lean young bodies. Most of our list are too slight and easily taken off the ball...

That said, weak and insipid performances are not acceptable and watching us v dawks, I firmly believe that the three ruck experiment must end and that paddy must be dropped now...no point playing them if a) our mids can't get the ball, b) they can't get it forward when they do have it, c) the big men can't hold onto the aget and finally d) our 'crumbers' can't a) get the ball in hand or b) kick straight...
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'd like to see a few of you apologise to my old friend Quinny... That includes you Filthy.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

meh, casualty lists have been high across a lot clubs...not just an essendon issue.

look at hawthorn, they were struggling to find 22 fit blokes on their list for fridays match.

hurts more at the efc because we have SFA depth after the best 25-26 or so.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

little_ripper wrote:hurts more at the efc because we have SFA depth after the best 25-26 or so.
We actually have a lot of 'depth' - we have a huge amount of extremely mediocre depth.

Remember round 1 when some people thought we had such great depth because guys like Prismall, Davey, Williams, Reimers, Slattery, Welsh and Gumbleton either weren't selected or were injured? Well, it turns out that these guys are all rubbish anyway and wouldn't even be considered depth players at stronger clubs.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
little_ripper wrote:hurts more at the efc because we have SFA depth after the best 25-26 or so.
We actually have a lot of 'depth' - we have a huge amount of extremely mediocre depth.

Remember round 1 when some people thought we had such great depth because guys like Prismall, Davey, Williams, Reimers, Slattery, Welsh and Gumbleton either weren't selected or were injured? Well, it turns out that these guys are all rubbish anyway and wouldn't even be considered depth players at stronger clubs.
Too harsh on Reimers(up and down), Gumbleton(good last year, hasn't played yet this year).

Melksham is good for friday. http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Sca ... uries/8316

I thought however he was bloody average on friday. But I guess with Watson/Lonergan/Myers all forced replacements he survives.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

little_ripper wrote:I thought however [Melksham] was bloody average on friday.
Along with about 21 players in red and black. Second year player, looks good so far, MUST stay in while fit.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

massive pre-season along with 4-5 intraclub games before a red hot NAB cup series and good first 8 rounds to the year..... the boys are stuffed and they arn't going to magically regain freshness this year.....

next year will be a similar pre-season but a more normal lead up to round 1 with barely 1 intraclub game and a moderate NAB cup game working on things rather then actually going out hard for wins and we'll perform longer in the season

year after that, perform even longer if not the entire season

2014 - current crud will have been moved on with the current kids a lot more mature and understanding of the game plan to guide the future hopefully good kids up the ladder

2015 - Bring it on
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Melksham has recovered well and should be available for this weeks game
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

he's also about to sign a new contract vingertje
Kakadu Kangaroos
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Melksham is a very well spoken chap. He has the attitude to make a very good footballer.
Essendunny