Chooseday night Football

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Chooseday night Football

Post by pevfan »

On now, Dons V. Weagles circa 2007. Really interesting to compare the then to the now. Notables missing from that side now are Lloyd, Lucas, my old namesake Pev and of course the great one. The massive holes left in this side by their absence cannot be over-emphasised. Scotty's just kicked his 5th. It's funny in life how we often don't fully appreciate someone until after they've gone...Would have to go down as one of this club's all time great CHF'ds. Pev, (Gees I had a lot of man love for him) like pepper and salt he was...in everything, (like he always was) even when we were being thumped early in the game. Hirdy of course was our absolute lifeline in this game, as he was Sooo many times. Like a Coleman... will never be replaced. Another one playing and starring that night who we are really missing now is Winderlich. Absolutely running his guts out he is...making the whole side look quick even though there aint all that many speedsters out there. We win it by a point...another grreat game between these two sides.

On the other hand there are the usual suspects...and I DO mean SUSPECTS out there playing exactly the same sort of football then as they still do today... I wont mention their names, I think you would all know who I might be talking about...There's a gifted but lazy ruckman swanning about doing SFA. There's a very limited tagger, trying hard and doing an OK job on Kerr but making the same basic skill errors and worrying the daylights out of me every time he gets the ball then like he still does today. There's a couple of other Duds out there as well...one of them has returned to the club we originally got him from making the same horrible mistakes that he's still making now at said team. No loss there to be sure. :P

But it's like I mentioned in my post about this being the worst side I've ever seen...looking back at that 07 side you can clearly see the decline under way and with those aforementioned, once in a lifetime, champs gone, the interminable injures that we still continue to suffer every F****n year and the crap drafting decisions we've made year in and year out, it's no surprise that we are now in the shit we are in.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Chooseday night Football

Post by Jazz_84 »

i took out the team name and replaced it with "said team" to keep your post in line with not naming players :P
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

damn.. Missed it.. Oh well, I have it on DVD somewhere..

Friday night IIRC.... Weegirls were on top... They kicked the first 3 or 4 but we pegged them back... Scotty a bag and a huge 1 point win. Still remember the crowd roar on the siren....
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Watched this. I was living in Canberra at the time (shithole) and had gone up to Sydney the week before where we also won by a point.
Ripper couple of weeks.
f*** me dead Scott Lucas was a good player.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I was living in Sydney at the time and Friday night games were the ones I couldn't make so had to watch it on TV. It was a cracker.

Dodge, I reckon they were 5 goals up at one stage.

Didn't Fletch belt the ball over the boundry with a couple of seconds to go??

The week before in Sydney was fun. Got up by a point and had my brothers come up for the weekend.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BERT wrote:
Didn't Fletch belt the ball over the boundry with a couple of seconds to go??

Yep, probably went up with 3 West Coast players and managed to get the ball away.