Stevie Johnson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Stevie Johnson

Post by s'dreams »

Should be cited byt the MRP and rubbed out for staging ... that dive against Hibberd was worthy of a golden turkey and at least a week for staging!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Stevie Johnson

Post by MH_Bomber »

That goal, gifted to them at that stage could have cost us the game.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

s'dreams wrote:Should be cited byt the MRP and rubbed out for staging ... that dive against Hibberd was worthy of a golden turkey and at least a week for staging!

f***, is there a tinnier prick playing AFL???
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

MH_Bomber wrote:That goal, gifted to them at that stage could have cost us the game.

definately swung the momentum in their favour in the last half of the quarter... we were still celebrating our goal when all of a sudden it was at the other end with not even a bounce of the ball...

what exactly did Hibberd supposedly do?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The umpires should never fall for that rubbish.

Geelong players were also ducking their heads all night.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I don't get it - SJ hits the young boy in the throat twice. Hibberd meekly shoves the diving prick in the back - and its a gifted goal.

I nearly destroyed the plasma over that moment.
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

The longer I watch this game the more convinced I become that there is something seriously smelly going on. Look at the wanker that blew the Mil on tonights game...you can't tell me that someone with that kind money and no doubt, clout couldn't or wouldn't do all within their power to ensure that their interests were protected. The umpires almost have the power of God in this game...as we know, one dodgey decison can swing a whole game.

You know, many years ago, back in the VFL days, the name of the officiating umpires were not divulged until the day of the game for obvious reasons. You wouldn't find out who you had until you got to the game and I can remember the groans going around the ground when the umpires name would be posted on the scoreboard if it was someone who, shall we say did not enjoy a good reputaion with we fans.Tonights result is just another example of how, despite what self protecting steps that might be taken...Shit can still happen.

Nothing new in it either I'd say. I once knew a bloke who used to goal umpire at senior VFL level back in the days when Melbourne were almost unbeatable. A bloke, who when he spoke, people always listened. He used to reckon even back then that the game was bent. I used to take that with a grain of salt once but not any more.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

someone get on twitter and send that to stevie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTXx4OTU ... r_embedded
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Jazz_84 wrote:someone get on twitter and send that to stevie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTXx4OTU ... r_embedded
In his weekly review of Umpiring decisions, the Giesh admitted that the umpire erred by not awarding a free to Motlop.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Johnson (Stevie Jay :x Oh Please, Bruce!!) has reached the stage of his career whereby he believes that he plays the game on a different level to all others.

He is a selfish, self centred prick who is playing for number one. It was so heroic taking a dive to bleed a free and a goal from a 21 year old kid. He can really walk tall after such a gutless effort.

He reminds me a bit of Fabulous Leon in that he is always trying to pull of the miraculous rather than do the team thing so he can be bathed in glory from such syncophants like McAvaney on the rare occasions it comes off.

Wanker!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

rockhole wrote:Johnson (Stevie Jay :x Oh Please, Bruce!!) has reached the stage of his career whereby he believes that he plays the game on a different level to all others.

He is a selfish, self centred prick who is playing for number one. It was so heroic taking a dive to bleed a free and a goal from a 21 year old kid. He can really walk tall after such a gutless effort.

He reminds me a bit of Fabulous Leon in that he is always trying to pull of the miraculous rather than do the team thing so he can be bathed in glory from such syncophants like McAvaney on the rare occasions it comes off.

Wanker!!!
He is a seriously good player which makes the fact that he is a cheat even harder to take

Guys with that much talent shouldnt have to resort to cheating in an attempt to get a goal. This was far from an isolated incident too.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

I commented on this in the Fluro Flogs thread.

The maggot was telling him (SJ) to stop belting Pig and when the young bloke retaliated he copped it right up the couta from that maggot prick.

Plus being channelled under the ball in Q1 (?) and whilst Pig managed to still punch but was pinged for in the back. :shock:

And then was they was 2 decisions that he didn't get (1) and got pinged for (1) that both cost us goals against Norf, that pisshead Geishcen said should have gone his way (Pigs).

Reckon the maggots pay the established player the 50/50's and young blokes get shafted 90% of the time.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

filthy2 wrote:I commented on this in the Fluro Flogs thread.

The maggot was telling him (SJ) to stop belting Pig and when the young bloke retaliated he copped it right up the couta from that maggot prick.

Plus being channelled under the ball in Q1 (?) and whilst Pig managed to still punch but was pinged for in the back. :shock:

And then was they was 2 decisions that he didn't get (1) and got pinged for (1) that both cost us goals against Norf, that pisshead Geishcen said should have gone his way (Pigs).

Reckon the maggots pay the established player the 50/50's and young blokes get shafted 90% of the time.
I reckon we got the rub of the green from the umps against Geelong.

On a more general level;m I can understand debate about the interpretation of a rule, or the occasional howler, but there seems little to be gained from whinging about 50/50s that didn't go our way week in, week out.

No doubt if Nat Rat had given SJ a couple of solid stiff arms and SJ came back with a swining elbow to his back you'd be bemoaning the fact that Nat Rat hadn't received a free kick. I don't have a problem with either (a) Hibberd not getting a free kick, or (b) SJ getting one. It's a valuable lesson that Hibberd has learnt and luckily it didn't end up costing us the game.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

I reckon we got the rub of the green from the umps against Geelong.

26 to 19 their way...how so? With 25% less possession?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

filthy2 wrote:I reckon we got the rub of the green from the umps against Geelong.

I hadn't looked into the stats but that was the general impression I got whilst watching the game.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

gringo wrote:
filthy2 wrote:I reckon we got the rub of the green from the umps against Geelong.

I hadn't looked into the stats but that was the general impression I got whilst watching the game.
in the first qtr we we're getting quite a few, id say 8-3 our way at a quick guess so they had an avalanche of free's for the rest of the game if they ended up with 26 to our 19, so to win given our emphasis on umpiring this year is fantastic

im just happy not many of those 26 free's came from our backline, and given the ferocious attack to spoil and get the ball im surprised Geelong didn't get more free shots on goal, guys did a supremely effective job!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

gringo wrote: I reckon we got the rub of the green from the umps against Geelong.
Each to their own. I am not sure how Johnson got the free kick against Hibbo in the 3rd where Hibbo went to spoil after Johnson backed back into him. Hibbo did spoil the ball, and Johnson didn't make an attempt to mark.

I didn't think there were any really poor decisions apart from the last Johsnon one and the deliberate paid against Stanton. Though the 50 may have been a bit rough against Hunt if he didn't actually swear.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Rossoneri wrote:
gringo wrote: I reckon we got the rub of the green from the umps against Geelong.
Each to their own. I am not sure how Johnson got the free kick against Hibbo in the 3rd where Hibbo went to spoil after Johnson backed back into him. Hibbo did spoil the ball, and Johnson didn't make an attempt to mark.

I didn't think there were any really poor decisions apart from the last Johsnon one and the deliberate paid against Stanton. Though the 50 may have been a bit rough against Hunt if he didn't actually swear.
Hunt was a 'demonstrative action'. Had to be paid.

I thought the Monfries (I think) holding the ball was the worst. Both players went over the boundary and he got pinged for holding the ball. F****** ludicrous!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Rossoneri wrote:

Yep, this one got my blood boiling, as did the deliberate against Stanton.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

rockhole wrote:Johnson (Stevie Jay :x Oh Please, Bruce!!) has reached the stage of his career whereby he believes that he plays the game on a different level to all others.

Wanker!!!
He is an out and out gun. Interesting you use the word heroic in there, because from a cats perspective it very nearly was. It gave them a goal when they desperately needed it. Played for and got. Clearly he is not going to get any boy scout badges for doing it, and if AFL had ever been really serious about stamping that stuff out then he would have been sited, but he saw an opportunity and he took it. Then less than a minute later pulls of off another of those miracles, which are apparantly so rare, to put them within a kick.

I for one would kill to have him on our team.