Carlton or Collingwood

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
brad
Top Up Player

Carlton or Collingwood

Post by brad »

We have both teams coming up back to back (as we have the past couple of years) in Rounds 18 and 19.

IF we could be guaranteed (yes I know we can't but let's for interest say we could) one win from the two which one would you choose?

Many Essendon fans (myself included) say Carlton are our greatest rival (ahead of Collingwood).

Beating Carlton in a couple of weeks could cause them to miss the top 4 (possibly finishing 5th and playing us 8th in a first up final) as they have Collingwood in the week prior, Hawthorn, Freo (away) and St Kilda to come.

Beating Collingwood though would be something special too. We haven't beaten them in quite a while. Would probably nearly be as good as the win against Geelong and once again tell us we're not that far away.

In saying that if I chose Collingwood that would mean a loss Vs Carlton which I would HATE.

Hard to pick but I think I will go Carlton.

Who would you choose?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Carlton or Collingwood

Post by bomberdonnie »

Beggars can't be choosers
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:Beggars can't be choosers
Bingo.

I would prefer Carlton but at this stage, I am happy with a win against either of Richmond and Adelaide.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

If I had to choose one win from the two it would be to beat Carlton.

Because of the way Collingwood are going I really dont expect us to beat them. It would be marvellous but I fear unlikely.

Carlton, to me, are our biggest and most hated rival and any time we beat them fills my heart with joy.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

MH_Bomber wrote:
Carlton, to me, are our biggest and most hated rival and any time we beat them fills my heart with joy.
This.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I'll trade losses to both the scum and the filth if otherwise we win all(or enough of) our remaining games and make the 8.
Last edited by little_ripper on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Carlton everytime. Cheating, arrogant, salary cap abusing, lying scum.

Every time we beat them it thwarts their wish to rule the world.

Need I say more!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

little_ripper wrote:I'll trade losses to both the scum and the filth if otherwise we win all(or enough of) our games and make the 8.
haha me too.... im just hoping we beat the Tigers and Crows and really put ourselves forward for a chance to play finals this year...

if i had to choose though I would definately pick Carlton, have too many Carl friends that i would love to get into if/when we win!! vingertje
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Normally I would say Collingwood. I definitely hate them more than Carlton.

But, this time around, I would say Carlton. Collingwood are flying, and will be finishing top 2 no matter what.

Carlton supporters are becoming the arrogant c***s of old, and think they are a genuine contender this year. After our Hawthorn debacle, my mate sent me a text saying how crap we are. I pointed out that Carlton hadn't beaten anyone of note, and that they couldn't even beat us with a man short. His reply, very similar to Neville "Farken" Bartos - "We farken flying!".

That just gives me the shits. Would love to beat them and put them back in their box.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

rockhole wrote:Carlton everytime. Cheating, arrogant, salary cap abusing, lying scum.

Every time we beat them it thwarts their wish to rule the world.

Need I say more!!!
nope that's spot on!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Carlton easily..I don't hate Collingwood, I hate their fans more! Still in my top 4 teams though. Carlton, Hawks, Saints, Pies.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Carlton for sure...I've always hated those pricks and have had some of my best and worst football moments courtesy of them.

Strangely, these days I have a fair bit of respect for Collingwood....I love watching the way they play (but I'd still love to beat them as well :D )
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Carlton.

Although I hate Collingwood, I think that they have done well to build up the squad that they currently have without cheating or tanking like Carlton.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Carlton for me. I can't stand them. I can't think of a player there that I like. I hate there supporters.

There are a couple of Collingwood players that I like. I like Dawes, Blair and Ball.

I also work at the MCG on match days and the Pies supporters are not that bad. Launceston supporters are the worst by a mile.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BERT wrote:Carlton for me. I can't stand them. I can't think of a player there that I like. I hate there supporters.

There are a couple of Collingwood players that I like. I like Dawes, Blair and Ball.

I also work at the MCG on match days and the Pies supporters are not that bad. Launceston supporters are the worst by a mile.
Spend 5 minutes in Launceston and you will see why the people have issues
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm sensing a terrible softening towards the filth. :shock:

What's going on :?: Respect, like the way they play, Collingwood players that I like, I don't hate Collingwood...ohhh brother :roll:

Have you lot read over your posts? :twisted:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Nothing wrong with old Launnie :D

Carlton every day of the week. LOVE beating them irrespective of where both teams are on the ladder.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I hate Carlton - f*** I even celebrate when someone else beats them. I almost feel sick when they just pip another team at the post

For some reason I cant quite summon the same hatred towards Collingwood. I think it goes back to the 1990 GF and despite the loss, I spent the night in the Collingwood Social Club at Victoria Park and had a bloody fantastic night - I gotta tell you, the happiness those dudes had that night was infectious. They were absolutely good sports about the Dons as well.

Collingwood and Essendon are great football clubs

Carlton is a fabricated, money subsidised wannabe great club
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Megan wrote:Nothing wrong with old Launnie :D
Yes there is