Jason Cloke a Bomber - Bendigo Bomber

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Jason Cloke a Bomber - Bendigo Bomber

Post by 2QIK4U »

Everyone here was praying and hoping that he would not be drafted in the PSD. Well the next worst thing has happened and he will play for Bendigo. The funniest thing about this article is the claim we would have taken him if Mal was not available. All I can say is thank f*cking god, Mal came around.

Oh and by the way, we have found the new whipping boy for '07.

http://www.news.com.au/sundayheraldsun/ ... 88,00.html
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Meh, i don't mind that Cloke is playing for Bendigo. I think people's main opposition to him joining Essendon was the fact that he would occupy a valuable spot on the list which could go to a younger player more deserving of a chance. Him signing on with Bendigo obviously doesn't consume one of our list spots and so i don't have any real objection to him being picked as a Bendigo player. To the contrary, Cloke is actually a very solid VFL level player, and his inclusion could in fact be beneficial to some of our younger guys who are on our list but need to spend time in the VFL to improve their games.

Having said that, it does scare me that we were allegedly going to draft him via the PSD if Michael didn't become available - if that's true, that reveals a pretty poor mindset as to our list management. And i hope like hell that him playing for Bendigo this year doesn't inexorably lead to him being drafted by us next year - that would just be a complete waste of a list position considering where our club is at the moment and where it's trying to go.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Think its a good move.

J Cloke is not all that bad, he'll give Bendigo a bit of experience and he'll be having a red hot go at proving himself not only to our club but the others to get back on to an AFL list.

I wish him good luck.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Clearly you dont understand the VFL and Bendigo's current state. We needed Cloke because Bendigo need an experience AFL player who could play KPP something Cloke has proven he can do succesfully at VFL level even though he cant at AFL. Bendigo's also signed Skipworth.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

VFL is about Cloke's level. He'll fit right in.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

Is this a sick joke just before Christmas?
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Gaining Skipworth as well is a positive move for the club.

Regardless of whether he gets close to Essendon or not it will improve Bendigo. I remember the drop off in form Bendigo experienced when he lost Alvey, Haynes, Cupido, Hunt, Bullen, etc. All these guys are quality VFL players who produce results.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

rama_fan wrote:Gaining Skipworth as well is a positive move for the club.
Yep. Skipworth's a decent AFL player, let alone a VFL player. He'll dominate in the VFL next year for sure.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Makaveli wrote:Is this a sick joke just before Christmas?
Idiot.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bombercol wrote:Think its a good move.

J Cloke is not all that bad, he'll give Bendigo a bit of experience and he'll be having a red hot go at proving himself not only to our club but the others to get back on to an AFL list.

I wish him good luck.
I second that, i think people have been a little too quick to criticise him. Now that Henno has gone i think its a little unfair that the fans have turned on him already... :?
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

we can still sign skipworth at end of next year right? because he will win the VFL B&F
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

DYSON#2 wrote:we can still sign skipworth at end of next year right? because he will win the VFL B&F
I reckon thats what Ess wants to do, why would Skipworth leave SA to come to the Bendigo Bombers if he hadn't already been spoken to by Essendon as a potential recruit at the end of 2007...
Barry_Day
Top Up Player

Post by Barry_Day »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
DYSON#2 wrote:we can still sign skipworth at end of next year right? because he will win the VFL B&F
I reckon thats what Ess wants to do, why would Skipworth leave SA to come to the Bendigo Bombers if he hadn't already been spoken to by Essendon as a potential recruit at the end of 2007...
He'd be fair game for any AFL club come draft time - just because he plays for Bendigo doesn't tie him to essendon in any way.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Its great that we have signed both these two. While i didnt want cloke on the senior list, he is a good VFL player and like others have said, just what bendigo need. Same goes for Skipworth and having two AFL players join the seconds is only going to do good for the team and the youngsters.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Irrespective of whether they will be drafted to the senior list or not. Maybe Skipworth coming to Victoria shows that the VFL is not of a much lower standard than the SANFL or WAFL. He could have easily stayed in SA and played for one of the SANFL teams.

Ofcourse he could just have come to Victoria to be under the noses of 10 clubs.......
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Both signings are great for the Bendigo side. Especially Skippy, who i think will be fantastic, and hopefully we do take him at the end of the year. Good prospect.

And um, what makes you think the VFL is of a lower standard than the SANFL and the WAFL 2QIK4U???