Hibberd?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Hibberd?

Post by robbie67 »

I thought he was just out with "soreness" last week? If that is the case, why is Slattery playing..................ok attempting to play, instead of him?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hibberd?

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

You must have read my mind... just saw that Betts has 8 goals and I was thinking the same thing... bloody hell why was Slattery put on Betts, this kinda thing happens way too often when Henry is in the back half.

The club isnt overly good at telling the truth about player injuries... Hibbo, Hooker and Daniher are not on the injured list yet none of them are playing this weekend... its getting very frustrating.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

We have to cut five playes each year ... no prizes as to my assessment.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Even if pig died during the week it is no excuse for playing this ****tard

Has there been a worse player in red and black?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Even if pig died during the week it is no excuse for playing this ****tard

Those 8 goals weren't all his fault.

McVeigh had Betts first up and was perpetually behind. He was moved away and Slatts was plan B.
Then our midfield capitulated and the pill was coming in too bloody often, too bloody easily.

Slatts made a better contest than McVeigh, but Slatts also failed tonight. He tried, but I doubt McVeigh was interested in much.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bomberdonnie wrote:Even if pig died during the week it is no excuse for playing this ****tard

Ty Zantuck
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Ty Zantuck
haha that will always be the correct answer to that question...always.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Ty Zantuck
Got me there

F111 I am aware that not all of the goals were his fault and that McVeigh did no better but I have seen Spike play useful footy I have never seen Slattery offer the team anything more than a steaming turd every now and again
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Hibberd strained a hammy at training a few weeks ago, it wasn't just 'soreness'. Hird's already ruled him out for next week, too.

If Slattery were an animal, he'd be a 2-toed sloth with severe brain damage.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Garlett kicked his only goal on Slattery early in the first quarter, it was obvious Henry was going to be too slow for him... so I guess the change was made. After Betts starting getting on a role I guess the coaching staff had no option but to leave him there, he doesn't have the tank or ability to go into the midfield. He doesn't have the speed or nouse to go with a Judd or Murphy in a tagging role either. I have no doubt Slattery will be the worst player to get to 100 games in the AFL, he's in the early 90's I think. Hopefully he doesn't have any sons.