Knights vs Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Knights vs Lloyd

Post by Windy_Hill »

Knights suggests that Lloyd should leave the "dirty washing" inside the club" and is disappointed that Lloyd is making a buck at the expense of his priveledged position as Club Captain. He goes on to say thet Lloyd as selfish and not a team player and he was offered the highest salary in the club to play on for one more year.

1) If Lloyd was such a selfish prick, why didnt he just take the money and play on?
2) And who the f*** is Knights to talk about selfishness - he single handedly destroyed the morale of the club, had no coaching vision and took Essendon to its lowest point in decades. He was wrongly offered a contract extension - not his fault, I agree. But, to demand the sort of payout he got, knowing how badly he did his job - well, who's in it for the money Knighta??
little_ripper
Club Captain

Re: Knights vs Lloyd

Post by little_ripper »

Knights had a contract, so it had to be paid out. Otherwise whats the point of contracts?
Not his fault at all.

I have no qualms with Matty Knights, he makes a good point.Very un essendon like to air dirty laundry in public so to speak. But saying that, I wonder if Knights has actually read Lloydys book to comment?

(perhaps taken out of context by the journos involved?)

its probably all a storm in a tea cup to actually(ironically) sell more books.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Well the Lloyd thing is interesting. May he was calling him selfish because he didn't want to let go of being the main target and embracing a new role?
Maybe Knights wanted him to play up the ground and help develop Neagle, Gumbleton and co?

I remember in 1992, Madden and Daniher played alot of games in the 2's to help develop players like Misiti, Mercuri, Hird, Calthorpe, Olarenshaw and co.

Nothing wrong with Lloydy saying "no" BTW.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I think it would be more selfish of Lloyd to take the contract and earn hundreds of thousands of dollars when his heart wasn't in it.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Knights hasn't denied Lloyd,s version so it just shows the lack of respect he had for the senior players who's comments on Neagle and to a lesser extent Riemers, was correct.Knight's should have kicked the pair of them in the arse rather than seeming to encourage them.

He's the one who should shut up because the more he says the sillier he looks.

As for Lloyd not having the guts to go on he'd already spent over ten years being bashed around by opponents like Mick Martin & co on the field why would he want to put up with bashing his head against a brick wall off it.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

go get him Lloyd'y

i think we are about to really find out how Dark it was around the EFC
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Yeah, how selfish of an all-time great full forward to not want to play further up the ground to let a fat, lazy guy who's barely done anything get more game time.

And then weeks later Knights went out and recruited... a full forward.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.