The Tale of Two Talents

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

The Tale of Two Talents

Post by BenDoolan »

Scott Gumbleton

Selection: Pick #2 in the 2006 AFL Draft
Games: 22
Goals: 22

Stewart Crameri

Selection: Pick #43 in the 2009 Rookie Draft
Games: 19
Goals: 29

LOL
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: The Tale of Two Talents

Post by bomberdonnie »

All jokes aside f*** I have serious man love for Crameri
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Sweet jesus, that's terrible. Becoming the second coming of Courtney Johns but with the added disappointment of having been a high draft pick.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Hirdy seems to have great faith in the Gumball. Will he actually play this year!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:Hirdy seems to have great faith in the Gumball. Will he actually play this year!!
He might play for 15 or so minutes and then have a 'spasm' or a 'twinge' or an 'ache' or a 'twitch' and the medicos will rule him out for 2 months as a pre-cautionary measure just in case it's more serious.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Interesting comparison

What would be nice to have both playbing in the same team to provide a really exciting dynamic. Havnt completely lost faith in Gumby yet and still have hope that we are yet to see his best
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I've never taken too kindly to people that bag Courtney Johns. I saw a lot of him at the junior level/under 18's - he was a freak of nature. In all honesty, the bloke should have been walking around with a cane, let alone playing AFL. Think it was amazing that he actually got to where he did.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Gimps wrote:I've never taken too kindly to people that bag Courtney Johns. I saw a lot of him at the junior level/under 18's - he was a freak of nature. In all honesty, the bloke should have been walking around with a cane, let alone playing AFL. Think it was amazing that he actually got to where he did.
Don't get me wrong, not bagging him personally....just the hype that was put forward about what he could become, and what he was actually able (through no fault of his own) produce.

In terms of physical conditioning, even with all his problems the guy looked like The Hulk. Bet he looks at Jay Neagle and just shakes his head.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

This is turning into The Tale of One Talent and two hacks.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

There was an article about Max Bailey in The Age this morning - he's 24 and had 3 knees recos, so hardly played in 6 years (I think it was that long), but now he's playing well.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

j-mac31 wrote:There was an article about Max Bailey in The Age this morning - he's 24 and had 3 knees recos, so hardly played in 6 years (I think it was that long), but now he's playing well.
exactly.... there is still hope for Gombleton yet... all the signs were there last season. Lets hope 2012 is the start of something special for him.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I suppose the optimist would say that by the time Gumbleton finally gets over his injury woes, we shold just about be ready to challenge for a flag run. Perhaps his moment is yet to come
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:I suppose the optimist would say that by the time Gumbleton finally gets over his injury woes, we shold just about be ready to challenge for a flag run. Perhaps his moment is yet to come
The eternal optimist maybe.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:I suppose the optimist would say that by the time Gumbleton finally gets over his injury woes, we shold just about be ready to challenge for a flag run. Perhaps his moment is yet to come
That's assuming;

a) IF he gets over his injury woes
b) he gathers some sort of momentum in his career to witness some development
c) that he can actually play the game at a high level
d) that others don't come along in the meantime and take his spot permanently

The problem with Crumbleton is that the moment he shows signs of discomfort, they bloody shelve him for months on end.
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Before he got injured this year, the games he played showed he has the ability...I just wonder how long they will persist with him...