We Are at Least a 6 Goalk Better Team With Fletcher

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

We Are at Least a 6 Goalk Better Team With Fletcher

Post by ealesy »

That is the number of marking contest that resulted in Port Adelaide contested marks and goals that Fletch would've killed tonight (at least), not to mention the fact he would've probably been moved on to Robbie Gray after he kicked his 3rd (at the latest) and would've most likely shut him out of the game from that point on.

Discuss.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: We Are at Least a 6 Goalk Better Team With Fletcher

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Completely agree.... our defence was all over the shop tonight and Pears and Hardingham struggled on Gray, Butcher and Schulz

When I realised it was Fletch who was out of the side tonight I had a feeling that PA would become a lot more dangerous.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Our backline was f****** murdered tonight. Worst game I've ever seen Tayte Pears play. He was slaughtered. Hardingham was equally dissected. Hooker was out of his depth.

Sign Fletcher up for another 10 years. He could be the first player in history to play with his son in the same team.
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:Hooker was out of his depth.
WTF?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Thought Hooker was ok before being subbed off early.... may struggle to hold his spot with Fletch to come back though.

Would love to see Cale and a few others play a full game for Bendigo in their elim final this week.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Hooker is simply not up to the required standard even before his injury He leaks at least 2-3 goals a game, is a turnover expert and now that Henry is gone, the only player in the team that still gives me "Oh Shit" moments when he get the pill. Would not be sorry to se him traded.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

rockhole wrote:Hooker is simply not up to the required standard even before his injury He leaks at least 2-3 goals a game, is a turnover expert and now that Henry is gone, the only player in the team that still gives me "Oh Shit" moments when he get the pill. Would not be sorry to se him traded.

Holy shit. Please stop making so much sense Rocky.

Lloyd has been on radio talking about the possibility that we may trade him. We better do it soon, before his value hits the floor.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The emergence and good form of young Carlisle probably means that its now or never if we were to trade Cale....
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I always get worried when Fletch is a late withdrawal. I don't think Hooker is in the best 22 but I think he should be kept on the list as a back-up defender.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:The emergence and good form of young Carlisle probably means that its now or never if we were to trade Cale....
Carlisle will be a forward and so has little impact on Hooker's place in the team.

He was drafted as a forward and has only been playing back due to all the injuries we had to our tall backmen.

If anyone needs to be worried about Carlisle's emergence, it should be Gumby.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

I'm not sure too many clubs would line up for Cale Hooker. We are just 8th and he is not in our best 22.
Maybe we can trade him to the Suns for one of their kids they have to discard this year?
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bomberflyer wrote:I'm not sure too many clubs would line up for Cale Hooker. We are just 8th and he is not in our best 22.
Maybe we can trade him to the Suns for one of their kids they have to discard this year?
The Suns probably dont need another mature aged backman with Bock and Campbell and even Brennan able to play back. Their young defenders are quite good as well.

Carlisle has played most of the year with Bendigo in the back half as well... seems as though Hirdy is grooming him to be a backman
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:I'm not sure too many clubs would line up for Cale Hooker. We are just 8th and he is not in our best 22.
The Suns probably dont need another mature aged backman with Bock and Campbell and even Brennan able to play back. Their young defenders are quite good as well.

Carlisle has played most of the year with Bendigo in the back half as well... seems as though Hirdy is grooming him to be a backman
Cale is still pretty young Mrs M...he's not turned 23 yet.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

robbie67 wrote:
rockhole wrote:Hooker is simply not up to the required standard even before his injury He leaks at least 2-3 goals a game, is a turnover expert and now that Henry is gone, the only player in the team that still gives me "Oh Shit" moments when he get the pill. Would not be sorry to se him traded.

Holy shit. Please stop making so much sense Rocky.
Sorry, Won't happen again!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Fletch can play from behind yet still get to the contest and spoil.

Yesterday Hooker and Pears were always behind but without the same effect. Both had Barry Crockers.

The smalls were flat-footed and were also lead to the ball.

If our defence plays like this against Carlton it will be a bigger defeat than we suffered at the hands of Adelaide in our last finals performance.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

hop wrote:Yesterday Hooker and Pears were always behind but without the same effect. Both had Barry Crockers.
Except for the times they completely mis-judged the flight of the ball, and their opposition took marks behind them.