if its wet....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
little_ripper
Club Captain

if its wet....

Post by little_ripper »

like its forecast to be.

would it change who we bring in?

although its still a long way out for making calls about weather....5 day forecasts are usually rubbish.
filthy2

Re: if its wet....

Post by filthy2 »

ABC just then LR, Sunday Showers clearing 14*.....

The way to beat these down hill skiiing bastards is to tackle hard, tackle often and don't give them an inch. .......wet, dry, snow or desert!!! :twisted:
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

If its wet I say advantage us.

Yarran, Betts and Garlett all struggle in the wet whilst Paddy I feel is more mobile then any of their big men and isn't as affected by the wet.

We're not playing 3 ruckmen are we?
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The way the "G" handles water, intermittent showers are almost inconsequential (if you can rely on the forecast). I do not believe that it will have an effect on selection.

We have to close down Judd (Buddha) and maybe Woosha. (brilliant game on him a couple of years ago). As for the midgets on the forward line, we have to play them close and hard. Betts got away from Henry last time around and we cannot allow him that latitude. We need a speedster down back and I would not mind seeing Davey on Betts. Jetta and Colyer, if picked, could be the crumbing forwards.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

rockhole wrote: Betts got away from Henry last time around and we cannot allow him that latitude. We need a speedster down back ....
McVeigh spent a substantial time on Betts last time too. He had a lazy game.
Slats had a crack, and came up short on a player that had the leash lengthened in the Q1. Our midfield also had a rubbish day, compounding our backlines problems.
The midfield is the key.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

rockhole wrote:The way the "G" handles water, intermittent showers are almost inconsequential (if you can rely on the forecast). I do not believe that it will have an effect on selection.

We have to close down Judd (Buddha) and maybe Woosha. (brilliant game on him a couple of years ago). As for the midgets on the forward line, we have to play them close and hard. Betts got away from Henry last time around and we cannot allow him that latitude. We need a speedster down back and I would not mind seeing Davey on Betts. Jetta and Colyer, if picked, could be the crumbing forwards.
We're not starting this rubbish again are we? Davey on Betts?! Betts would kick 10 on his ear. Davey is quick, but Betts would out-mark him all day.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Here is the predicted Saturday night weather map. It's not terribly different to the Sunday night one. Souwesterlys.
15C and showers predicted.

rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Gimps wrote:
rockhole wrote:The way the "G" handles water, intermittent showers are almost inconsequential (if you can rely on the forecast). I do not believe that it will have an effect on selection.

We're not starting this rubbish again are we? Davey on Betts?! Betts would kick 10 on his ear. Davey is quick, but Betts would out-mark him all day.
Care to suggest who we put on Bettes??
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

rockhole wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Fletch or Hardingham..
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Fletch or possibly ryder.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

rockhole wrote:Care to suggest who we put on Betts??
Dean Wallis?

Oh, sorry, he likes to put "Betts" on....
Essendunny
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

BenDoolan wrote:
Dean Wallis?

=D> =D> =D> =D>

[-X
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:
Dean Wallis?

Yeah!! Not bad :D :D
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

rockhole wrote:
Gimps wrote:

I also think there is a possible role for Froggy on Betts ... Davey's tackling would be an asset ...though you are correct - Davey's spoiling/contested marking is suspect. This may not be an issue if Davey stifles any lead from Betts and if their forward line is clogged so Carsile/Fletch/Hardingham get to the Davey/Betts contests (this also implies midfield pressure).
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)