AFLSSR

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

AFLSSR

Post by filthy2 »

So the Pies, Blues, us WCE, Freo et al make the money, and the AFLSSR then give it to NORF, Dee's etc who couldn't run a chook raffle in a public bar full of pissed miners.....riiiggghhhhhtttttttt. :roll:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/r ... 1ktlh.html
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: AFLSSR

Post by Gimps »

It's the only way the comp will remain as it is. If this funding isn't dished out, clubs like Norf, WB and the Dees will sit on the bottom forever.

I love the EPL, but hate the fact that it's always the same 4 or 5 teams at the top.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:It's the only way the comp will remain as it is. If this funding isn't dished out, clubs like Norf, WB and the Dees will sit on the bottom forever.

I love the EPL, but hate the fact that it's always the same 4 or 5 teams at the top.

Yet despite this, WB, Melb and St Kilda still cant win a premiership
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Do you have any problems with us putting our hand out for millions of dollars to help pay for our new facilities?

Or is that somehow different?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

swoodley wrote:Do you have any problems with us putting our hand out for millions of dollars to help pay for our new facilities?

Or is that somehow different?
BANG! Goes the nail on the head..
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

We are the LAST to get it. :evil:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

filthy2 wrote:We are the LAST to get it. :evil:
Maybe that's because we were slow as a wet week in asking for it..
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

FFS Filth. Of all the issues you rant on about, this is the worst.

Of all of the places for the competiton profits to go, assisting other clubs so we have an even competition would be my FIRST CHOICE.

Do you want us to play in a competition where we just play Collingwood, Carlton and West Coast all the time? Didn't think so.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

Gimps you are right on the money which is why I detest Jackson so much. Look at what Evans has done in only 2 years in the job. Place is alive again instead of a moribund bunch looking at the Trophy room all the time.

Spent so much time hoarding money Jackson forgot and or was allowed to forget that the core business of a Footy Club is winning Premierships. I dump our pathetic last 10 years right on his, Sheedys, Fat Ray and the bloke before him (?) doorstep.

Staggy what is up your couta pal. Rant? Since when does personal opinion become rant? There is plenty of ranting going on here then. :|

I think it is pathetic that our supporters money is given to say Norf & Bullpuppies who actually intensely despise the EFC.

I never have a go at you....may not agree but each to his own....please moderate your tone. Thank you.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I'd like you to explain to me just what sort of poor chook raffles Norf actually run? For the size of their supporter base, they actually do very well.

What would you prefer? A merger so we can wear White with a Blue sash.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

this has simply been put out by the AFL to try and stop people complaining about all the dough and talent which has been plowed into west syd and gold coast.

if the AFL is only giving 3.25M to GC and GWS, where is the Gazza and Scully cash coming from?

(not to mention folau and hunt etc).

these figures are bullshit compared to the real money being spread around.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

North, Bulldogs and co. struggle to make a quid becuase they get ripped off at Etihad. Reason behind this is a certain AFL club got in first and had it written that only they could be given the deal that they were given. It left the Doggies and co. to be ripped off as Etihad had to make the money they were losing on this one club PLUS be able to turn a profit off the other clubs.

Give ya 1 guess which "Certain club" I'm talking about.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Come on Filth. You’re a big boy and you give as good as you get around here.

The reason that I was irritated is that you post this exact same thread about 4 times a year. Pretty much everytime the Age runs an article discussing distribution of funds, you re-post it along with a little diatribe about how much you hate the loser clubs. We all get it and we’ve heard it many many times before..

Its important that you realise a couple of things:

1. The AFL is not taking money directly out of Essendon’s bank account and handing it to other clubs. What they are doing is allocating discretionary funds where they see fit. These funds are not Essendon’s. They belong to the league. They are garnered from such sources such as the TV rights deal, sponsorship, merchandising, ticketing and gate receipts (of which Essendon already receives a substantial financial amount to begin with). There is no circumstance under which Essendon would be granted all this money – so there’s absolutely no need for your sense of moral outrage.

2. It is appropriate that the AFL direct its discretionary funds to clubs in need, where it’s reasonable to do so. What else would you rather them do with the money? Keep it in a bank account gathering interest… for… what exactly? In the end, the AFL is the great league that it is because of the clubs - their diversity, cultures and history. We should always seek to maintain that where its reasonable.

3. As a matter of policy the AFL should try and give clubs this assistance where it can. Without AFL assistance, a lot of clubs could possibly go under – Port Adelaide and North are good examples just in the last few years – let alone Carlton in the 00s, Melbourne and Hawthorn in the 90s and the Bulldogs in the 80s. I don’t want to see a club fall over. Its not good for the credibility of the competition and its absolutely terrible for the supporters and the community. Do you remember when Fitzroy fell over Filth? Do you remember the hurt and anguish on the faces of their supporters, which in some cases still continues to this day? How would you feel if Essendon had to fold?

4. By my count there are very few clubs who have not faced financial ruin at some stage and been bailed out by the league. I'm thinking Collingwood (although even they were shaky in the 90s), Essendon, West Coast, Adelaide, Freo and maybe Richmond. Every other club has been bailed out by the VFL/AFL at some point.

Like I said in my earlier comment (and which you didn't reply to) - would you rather see a comp with 6 sides in it? Because that's what you're currently advocating for.
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

boncer34 wrote:North, Bulldogs and co. struggle to make a quid becuase they get ripped off at Etihad. Reason behind this is a certain AFL club got in first and had it written that only they could be given the deal that they were given. It left the Doggies and co. to be ripped off as Etihad had to make the money they were losing on this one club PLUS be able to turn a profit off the other clubs.

Give ya 1 guess which "Certain club" I'm talking about.

So this certain club is a "loss leader" for Collo and his mates.
If that's the case he wont mind us pissing off back to the MCG.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I'm fine with the AFL doing this; what Staggy said (very well).

North can f*** off for all I care though.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

robbie67 wrote:I'd like you to explain to me just what sort of poor chook raffles Norf actually run?
Plastic chickens called Boris! :lol:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Agree with Staggy here.

Gotta say Filth, i've always been slightly bemused by your stance on this issue given your social & political leanings.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i thought the AFL agreed to giving us an extra $3m for the facilities??? oh well we're screwed anyway, the fans arn't going to get anywhere near $5m
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Jazz_84 wrote:i thought the AFL agreed to giving us an extra $3m for the facilities??? oh well we're screwed anyway, the fans arn't going to get anywhere near $5m
The club have got plenty in the bank to pay for it. Or they could sell one of their MANY assets.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

without hijacking this thread on to a different topic. I would love for Essendon to come out and give gambling the big f*** OFF.

get rid of bombersbet for starters and get rid of the pokies.

it could actually win the club quite a few more supporters which could replace lost revenue...
Last edited by little_ripper on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.