Did Chris Scott...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
filthy2

Did Chris Scott...

Post by filthy2 »

...ring Bomber last night and thank him for handing the keys to a Rolls Royce at the start of the season. :roll:

F..k they are big bastards...it was only a matter of time that the bash/crash would stop the Filth in their tracks.....they would be feeling it today and all week.....

Surprised that no one mentioned we beat the Premiers this year! :wink: Trouble is they can play like we did that night 25 weeks...we can't...yet.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Did Chris Scott...

Post by Windy_Hill »

To his absolute credit, Scott remained extremely humble about his role in this premiership. I acually think he deserves a lot of credit because I reckon the Cats were everyone's tip for the big slider this season. He has carefully managed the transition of players like Mooney and Milburn and we have seen the emergence of guys like Menzel, Christiansen, West, et al.

Thought he coached suprememly yesterday whilst Malthouse "fiddled whilst Rome burned" in the last qtr.

Hats off the Chris Scott and Geelong - 5 Years, 4 GF's 3 Premierships - its a fantastic effort in this day of equalisation policies. And the thing is, they look good enough, with enough good kids on their list to keep it going for another year at least.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Well done bomber and well done Chris Scott.
First year as coach and a premiership to his name...
Wow I Mean wow
And the best - stopped the pies going Back to Back...
Although they did manage to scrape in last year by the seat of their pants...
now they have their pants around their ankles... lol
Everything is right with the world now... =D>
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Chris Scott should take a lot of credit, he changed the playing style of the team from a team that racked up a lot of possessions to a team that at times this year won with less then 300 possessions.
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

Scott got the job because he was the best person for it. The emergence of young players has been amazing by him.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Im sure Chris Scott feels like the luckiest man in the world right now but I agree that he should take the credit for making sure they stayed up near the top this year when they could have easily slipped back a bit.

One of my Cats fan friends did actually message me today saying.. "Your Bombers beat the premiers!!"... that did feel kinda nice :)
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

reckon he would be a great coach. so would his twin brother.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:To his absolute credit, Scott remained extremely humble about his role in this premiership. I acually think he deserves a lot of credit because I reckon the Cats were everyone's tip for the big slider this season.
He certainly deserves plenty of credit, but not based on what the "experts" predicted.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Bomber Thompson was not mentioned by any Geelong people in any despatches I heard. I think under the circumstance in which he left that is pretty understandable. I think in time there will be an acknowledgement by Geelong of Thompson in his building this magnificent side. I dare say he is still respected by the Geelong players for what he did in his time at Geelong.

The nice thing for us is that we have Bomber in our corner now along with the dude that developed that side into sherman tanks.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Yes, all of the above is true but it has to be said that ONCE AGAIN Geelong have had a dream run with injuries
this season.

Apart from Menzel (who?) they've had some injuries this season butagain their core group, the Bartels, Lings, Scarlets, Johnsons (Miracle man I'm calling him now and that's not just based on the way he plays) The Chapman's, the Sellwoods, Taylors et al ...all their top players have gone thru another season almost injury free...how do they do it? year in year out for the past 5 seasons FFS.Allother sides (not just us) have at various stages these past 5 seasons had horror runs. Not wishing to cast any aspersions mind you but to me it aint natural. But to quote Hollywood gossip guru on nines Today show..."I''m just sayin.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Would not have expected any mention of Bomber but this will come later on.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Hated him as a player but seems very, very humble as a coach. So I like him now.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

rockhole wrote:Would not have expected any mention of Bomber but this will come later on.
When interviewed On the Couch, he dIdn't refer to Bomber by name but stated that Bartel & co are so hard at the ball because of the way they were coached in 2002 & 2003
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Megan wrote:Hated him as a player but seems very, very humble as a coach. So I like him now.
Three real surprises for me this year have been the Scott brothers and of all people, David King. All 3 I hated as players, but they have shown themselves this year to be more than capable in front of the media and quite astute in their outlook and logic.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:Chris Scott should take a lot of credit, he changed the playing style of the team from a team that racked up a lot of possessions to a team that at times this year won with less then 300 possessions.
Hardly changed the style. They still played the attacking free flow game straight up the middle that they played from 2006-2010, just that the kicked more this time.

Bomber built the car, Scott changed the oil being used and may have changed the tyres from 18" back down to 17" rims.

Scott deserves alot of credit because he made some tough calls and also rested players well during the season, but Bomber deserves a fair bit as well.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

rockhole wrote:
Megan wrote:Hated him as a player but seems very, very humble as a coach. So I like him now.
Three real surprises for me this year have been the Scott brothers and of all people, David King. All 3 I hated as players, but they have shown themselves this year to be more than capable in front of the media and quite astute in their outlook and logic.
Not sure all Cats fans would agree with your assessment of King. This video is very well done!
http://t.co/X1xr8vgX