Davey

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Davey

Post by rockhole »

What do we do with him?? (please, something more constructive than f*** him off!!!)
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Davey

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Delist at the end of next year if we can't trade for him. There's nothing more constructive to say, he's absolutely useless. He can't play anywhere other than forward pocket/goalsneak as he has poor skills and is far too small. If we must carry bloody ordinary players, at least make them bloody ordinary utilities like NLM or Bolton who can sometimes 'do a job' in different situations/positions.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Davey, NLM, Slattery, Dyson - not a single mention of them during this trade week. That tells you how bad they are. You cant give these guys away!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Davey, NLM, Slattery, Dyson - not a single mention of them during this trade week. That tells you how bad they are. You cant give these guys away!
Dyson has been linked with Freo.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:What do we do with him?? (please, something more constructive than f*** him off!!!)
I think that's about as constrictive as you can get with Davey. Not up to it anymore.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

j-mac31 wrote:
rockhole wrote:What do we do with him?? (please, something more constructive than f*** him off!!!)
I think that's about as constrictive as you can get with Davey. Not up to it anymore.
Sad but true.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Davey, NLM, Slattery, Dyson - not a single mention of them during this trade week. That tells you how bad they are. You cant give these guys away!

Haha...good ole Freo, if it wasnt for them our trading history would look even more shite. Lets hope we get Morabito or Silvagni for Ricky....damn, lets ask for both (its is Fremantle after all)
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Clearly you haven't been following trade week. Both Dyson and Slattery are on the table.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Haha...good ole Freo, if it wasnt for them our trading history would look even more shite. Lets hope we get Morabito or Silvagni for Ricky....damn, lets ask for both (its is Fremantle after all)
Ahhh....Freo.
You only get one Lloyd/Lucas deal in a lifetime :lol: :lol:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:
Clearly you haven't been following trade week. Both Dyson and Slattery are on the table.
Is that the sort of table you find in a morgue. :wink:

Sorry Rosso - perhaps I havent followed every column centimetre during trade week (I would rather absorb myself in an Emily Bronte novel truth be told) but even so, i doubt seriously that the two named players are on the table because they are beng sought out by other clubs
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Played crap by most people's rating and still kicked over a goal a game. 9th in our goal kicking and forth in tackles/game. We know he can play better and still has a year to prove it.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Sismis wrote:Played crap by most people's rating and still kicked over a goal a game. 9th in our goal kicking and forth in tackles/game. We know he can play better and still has a year to prove it.
Sis I love your optimism I really do, but come on mate it's painful watching you defend everyone. Surely you don't think there's a spot in the team for Davey if we're hoping to be a decent side? I was sucked in at the start of his career too, but he's just not up to it, he gets brushed aside far to easily and he doesn't even look quick anymore. As soon as we can remove him from the list we should, he's deadwood.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

A good forward pocket will kick 2 goals a game. Milne the best this year kicked 2.4.

He played badly and kicked over 1. I don't think he is far off being a good contributer in an area we are lacking.

He has a year to go on his contract, he demonstrated he has talent, I don't see why people are so quick to want get rid of him for a dice roll.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

How much over 1 though? And four came in one game when we had a blinder in the first quarter.

A small forward who kicks one goal a game and does nothing else is pretty useless.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

0.1 over 1.

He also averages 4.5 tackles.

I'd suggest the fact 3 of his goals came from 1 quarter would suggest he still has a fair amount of upside.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sismis wrote:0.1 over 1.

He also averages 4.5 tackles.

I'd suggest the fact 3 of his goals came from 1 quarter would suggest he still has a fair amount of upside.
Or it was a flash in the pan and he's just not that good.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

9th in the goal kicking is rubbish for a small forward who never plays in the mid-field. The only thing he can hang his hat on is his tackling. Even his goal assists are low for his position. He is so clearly not up to it, it's not even close. "Roll that dice".
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

If he actually gets it without fumbling he usually manages to stuff it up somehow anyway. I love his tackling and forward pressure but there is more to a footballer than being a good tackler. Reimers averaged almost two goals a game and he was out in and out of the side for most of the year. Finishing 9th in the goal kicking is a terrrible result for Davey considering there are only 6 positions in the forward line. If we can trade him to another club we should... would love to see him at Melbourne with his older brother :)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Saw a picture of him at the Kia launch today... were all the players present or is perhaps Ricky staying???
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

When you see small forwards at other clubs like Betts, Garlett, Milne etc. that actually play their roles effectively and crumb at the packs it makes me resent Davey & Jetta a fair bit. I'm frankly over Davey particularly not performing his role. How many years has he been in the system, just feels like a list clogger when he doesn't perform. I rate Jetta higher but he had a far better year but would like more consistency from him too.