Gumble Bungle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
StanMan
Top Up Player

Gumble Bungle

Post by StanMan »

Not delisted ???? This is the kind of decision that keeps me wondering about the 'brains' at Essendon. What is is about Gumbleton that the Bombers imagine he will deliver after 4 years of bugger all ? And why do they think that the non stop run of injuries will mysteriously disappear ?

We are crying out for a key forward that can stay on the senior stage, Gumbleton can't get near it.

Stan
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Gumble Bungle

Post by Jazz_84 »

because contracts don't mysteriously disappear either, end of next year you should get worried if he can't get on the park and they keep him still
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Probably because he's contracted.

FFS. Think about it. #-o
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah but contracts or not, blokes can be given the big A. How's Mark Williams travelling?
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gumbleton remains a chance to be a good player.....

Lovett-Murray, Slattery, Dyson, and a few others at Essendon have no chance

I think there are a few more in the pecking order before you would sacrifice at 198cm KPP taken at No 2 in the drfat who through no fault of his own has suffered some terrible injuries but has shown enough in only 21 games to suggest that if fit, could be a valuable player. Get him fit, with 50 games under his belt and boy, I cant wait to see a few people here eating their words.

Hird and coaching panel did exactly the right thing with him in 2011 - made him play in the reserves and did not rush him back. He has now become fitter and stronger and with a full pre-season, a more mature body, might just breakout
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And as soon as he feels a "twinge" (and he will), the fitness staff will go into meltdown and tread "cautiously" with him because of his "history" and you won't see him for 6 weeks or so.

Dunno why we continue to pin our hopes on this bloke.

Jake Carlisle has arrived.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Just do what I do and pretend he doesnt exist
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote: Jake Carlisle has arrived.
This. =D>
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

bomberdonnie wrote:Just do what I do and pretend he doesnt exist
who?
electrickery
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Windy_Hill wrote:Gumbleton remains a chance to be a good player.....

Lovett-Murray, Slattery, Dyson, and a few others at Essendon have no chance

I think there are a few more in the pecking order before you would sacrifice at 198cm KPP taken at No 2 in the drfat who through no fault of his own has suffered some terrible injuries but has shown enough in only 21 games to suggest that if fit, could be a valuable player. Get him fit, with 50 games under his belt and boy, I cant wait to see a few people here eating their words.

Hird and coaching panel did exactly the right thing with him in 2011 - made him play in the reserves and did not rush him back. He has now become fitter and stronger and with a full pre-season, a more mature body, might just breakout
History shows that we are prepared to give players every chance to succeed, especially No 2 draft picks or big tall bastards.

Guys like Neagle, Bradley, Houli, Jetta, Dyson, Prismall etc have all been given every chance to make the grade even though they were not in the same league as the Gumball with regard to the draft.

Hirdy was adamant towards the end of the season that Gumby would be on the list this year. This has to be his last gasp and for the sake of the club and the player I hope he makes it.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

robrulz5 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Jake Carlisle has arrived.
This. =D>
'Buckets' Carlisle. Who now has a terrible tattoo of the hotel name he stayed at in Vegas, with four aces coming out of a bucket on his bicep. So if anyone's wondering what his new tatt is, that is it. Shocking, but classic gags from Buckets Carlisle.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

the GWS/GC effect on the draft has saved Gumby. He is obviously better than anyone else we could find.

Hopefully his body lets him deliver his best footy.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I will trust Hird on this one and he has Gunbleton in his long term plans
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

StanMan it's actually been 5 years of bugger all... but who's counting :)

I don't think the current coaching staff had anything to do with signing Gumbleton to the end of next year. After all they did try and shop him around at trade week. We'll just have to wait another 12 months for him to be delisted and then hopefully pick up a young gun in his place at next years super draft. Let's face it, even in the unlikely event his body holds up for an entire season he wouldn't be able to break into our best side. On top of all his injury problems most people seem to forget that he's a crap player.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:StanMan it's actually been 5 years of bugger all... but who's counting :)

I don't think the current coaching staff had anything to do with signing Gumbleton to the end of next year. After all they did try and shop him around at trade week. We'll just have to wait another 12 months for him to be delisted and then hopefully pick up a young gun in his place at next years super draft. Let's face it, even in the unlikely event his body holds up for an entire season he wouldn't be able to break into our best side. On top of all his injury problems most people seem to forget that he's a crap player.
well four years of bugger all really - he played most of 2010 - but who's counting hey
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I'm standing by my 5 years of bugger all comment, it's not like he was producing good football in the year he did play.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:I'm standing by my 5 years of bugger all comment, it's not like he was producing good football in the year he did play.

no better or worse than 90% of players in their first 20 games!!! What do you expect, Wayne Carey from the minute he slipped into an Essendon jumper.

Listen, I will be the first to say thanks but see you later if he breaks down again next season. But lets just remember that in footballing terms, he is still a kid - 20 games is just getting acclimatised. Not everyone can adapt like Heppell
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I thought he was quite good in his first full season of senior football playing in the hardest position on the ground.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

True, 20 games isn't a lot...

True, CHF is the hardest position on the ground...

But the fact is, in those 20 games he didn't show a hell of a lot and from what I watched of the Bendigo Bombers this year he hasn't improved. Sure he was injured for half of the season again and he's been unlucky but where do you draw the line. His body doesn't stand up the rigors of AFL football and neither does his skill level. For example his kicking is woeful. I'm amazed that after 5 years in the system he can still be leaning back and dropping the ball so highly. This is something he could of been working on while his body wasn't right yet it's still a problem after all this time. I hope he turns it all around and becomes a gorilla like Travis Cloke or Chris Dawes over the pre-season but I reckon it would be a safe bet that he'll come back a semi-injured bean pole like he usually does.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:True, 20 games isn't a lot...

True, CHF is the hardest position on the ground...

But the fact is, in those 20 games he didn't show a hell of a lot and from what I watched of the Bendigo Bombers this year he hasn't improved. Sure he was injured for half of the season again and he's been unlucky but where do you draw the line. His body doesn't stand up the rigors of AFL football and neither does his skill level. For example his kicking is woeful. I'm amazed that after 5 years in the system he can still be leaning back and dropping the ball so highly. This is something he could of been working on while his body wasn't right yet it's still a problem after all this time. I hope he turns it all around and becomes a gorilla like Travis Cloke or Chris Dawes over the pre-season but I reckon it would be a safe bet that he'll come back a semi-injured bean pole like he usually does.

A lot of good players dont play well in the "seconds" and a lot of average players look like champions. I really wouldnt judge Gumby until he has 40-50 games under his belt. (assuming he can make it that far)