Bomber Magazine

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Bomber Magazine

Post by Gimps »

Was at my mum and dad's place last night. Went into my old room to find that mum had been on one of her cleaning rampages.

Sitting on top of a pile of books/ magazines was (no Donnie, not a Hustler) a Bomber Magazine from 2006.

I found it quite amusing. Courtney Johns was on the cover with the words "It's a long way to the top".

But the best part was in bold letters on the right hand side: SLATTERY POSTER!

No wonder it was still in it's plastic cover - the Slattery poster obviously didn't appeal.
gringo
Club Captain

Re: Bomber Magazine

Post by gringo »

No wonder it was still in it's plastic cover - the Slattery poster obviously didn't appeal.
That and the fact you are borderline illiterate. :wink:
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

gringo wrote:
That and the fact you are borderline illiterate. :wink:
Come on, I've done the MS Read-a-thon!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Gimps wrote:Was at my mum and dad's place last night. Went into my old room to find that mum had been on one of her cleaning rampages.

Sitting on top of a pile of books/ magazines was (no Donnie, not a Hustler) a Bomber Magazine from 2006.

I found it quite amusing. Courtney Johns was on the cover with the words "It's a long way to the top".

But the best part was in bold letters on the right hand side: SLATTERY POSTER!

ALAS POOR HENRY. WE KNEW HIM WELL!!

What possible role will Slattery play this year. With the emergence of Hibberd, Carlisle, Hardingham and Browne on the backline together with Spike in a pocket, what was the point of hanging on to him?? He lacks the versatility of NatRat as a filler and lacks the height and pace to play anywhere but the backline. I hope I never see him at the centre bounce again.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:What possible role will Slattery play this year.... I hope I never see him at the centre bounce again.
The further he is from the other team's goals, the less likely he is to directly contribute for them.

Bendigo's the safest distance.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

j-mac31 wrote:
rockhole wrote:What possible role will Slattery play this year.... I hope I never see him at the centre bounce again.
The further he is from the other team's goals, the less likely he is to directly contribute for them.

Bendigo's the safest distance.
That cracks me up j-mac31... the only reason he's still on our list is that he is contracted until the end of the season. I can't believe he lasted this long at AFL level and it took a change of coaches to work out he couldn't play.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Henry

A gutsy player who sadly does not have the talent to go with the best.

I wouldnt bag him personally as I think he has been a pretty loyal clubman and taken some hurt for the red and black. I bet his mum has the Essendon Magazine poster up on the fridge, pride of place.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Reminds me of the 80's classic ... "Since time immemorial mankind has been plagued by the question, 'What do you do with a Henry Slattery?'"

I agree with Windy in that he is loyal and has dug deep ... but has been overtaken at the club by a number of recent recruits/rookie upgrades with better onfield decision making skills who are 3-4 years younger.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:Henry

A gutsy player who sadly does not have the talent to go with the best.

I wouldnt bag him personally as I think he has been a pretty loyal clubman and taken some hurt for the red and black. I bet his mum has the Essendon Magazine poster up on the fridge, pride of place.
Agreed Windy.... Slats has certainly taken some hard hits in that back line over the years.. but I think 2011 showed that there really isn't much of a place left for him in our best 22. Slattery and Dyson will probably play most of the year for Bendigo I'm afraid...
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Slattery and Dyson will probably play most of the year for Bendigo I'm afraid...
I'm not afraid - shows we might be getting some actual talent into the team.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.