Hooker

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Hooker

Post by robbie67 »

Does this so called f****** saviour ever not sell his team mate into trouble?

If his was a banker, he would lend Alan Bond money.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Hooker

Post by robrulz5 »

He is playing on Pavlich in the 2nd game so won't have to worry about him getting the ball too much.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

An Essendon backline with both Slattery and Hooker is stuff that nightmares are made from. No one questions their guts or resolve. They simply do not have sufficient talent to play at the top level.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

wow....just wow

What excactly has Cale done that deserves this??
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:wow....just wow

What is untrue about it?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:wow....just wow

I've stuck up for him in the past, but have to admit he was putrid last night..
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

I thought Hooker was one of our best players against West Coast, if not the best. Slattery though, he was putrid.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

ZeroEffect wrote:I thought Hooker was one of our best players against West Coast, if not the best. Slattery though, he was putrid.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

ZeroEffect wrote:I thought Hooker was one of our best players against West Coast, if not the best. Slattery though, he was putrid.
Come on Zero he had one ordinary handball. He should be delisted.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Hooker was busy and yes like a lot of his mates had the odd horrible disposal especially the handball he gave Long in the first minute that set him up to be killed.

Cale Hooker can be a bit scary at times but is one that you'll never see sitting on his arse and is always trying his guts out.

It's only nab cup. Don't want him in peak form just yet.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:
Come on Zero he had one ordinary handball. He should be delisted.
Maybe you should try watching a game one day instead of just looking at it. Did he take his 1.58974328874 contested marks?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Seeing I stuck the boots in, I will qualify my comments.

I have seen Cale play some good games especially against Riewoldt and his main attributes are that he is tall, occasionally takes a good mark, (but spills plenty) and is fairly mobile for a big bloke.

His downside is that he leaks too many goals from stuff ups, either through dropped marks when there is no opposition, fumbles, bad decisions or hospital handballs. He lacks the skills to be able to set up plays from the backline and often tries to play beyond his capabilities by attempting to run and take a tackle prior to disposing the ball. He is not a particularly good kick as he is not able to keep the ball low when short passing, often setting up receiving players for a crunch.

I draw a close comparison to that great Sheedy love child in Kevin "Spitfire" Walsh. Walshy was tall, quick and mobile but leaked at least 2-3 goals per match even though he ended up with a Victoria jumper.

IMO with both of them, the bad outweighed the good.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

He got the biggest defensive jobs and was the most effective defender. Robbie if you mark Hooker a fail and Hibbard a pass, then I suggest you watch the game again.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I'm sorry I'm not as hard on Hibberd at this stage of his career, as I am on Hooker. One has been in the system for more than five minutes, and the has not, so I am prepared to cut him some slack. I must say though, Hooker does make a lot of highlight films, I have seen him in a couple of rippers, with Andrew Walker and Buddy Franklin. I cant understand why the club was trying to off load him at the end of last year....with all that potential and everything. I wonder why no one else wanted him?

One band handball? You really are a fool.