Poor EFC

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Poor EFC

Post by Jazz_84 »

today the club started pleading with the fans to sign up as members as they fear they wont be making the gains they expected, their video was Hirdy in front of a white board asking fans to fork out for memberships, and they have coped a bit of flak for a cheap video putting pressure on the fans and in turn the video has been taken off the website pretty quickly

why can't the club just be happy with what they receive from the fans (as it is quite a bit) and concentrate on trying to increase numbers by the performances on field and how we conduct ourselves professionally, and that's not wheeling out the president telling us we aren't passionate because we having donated yet.....

the club is getting desperate when it really doesn't have to be
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Poor EFC

Post by paddyl90 »

This is getting beyond a joke and embarrassing. When will they stop hassling people. 40,000 members is still fantastic to have for the last few years consecutively. If they got their act together, an overhaul of their membership department would be a start, they would more than likely have an increase in their membership. Some of the stories I've heard from members of over 10 years about the treatment they have received from the membership department is disgraceful. Yet they don't know why people aren't signing up. Wish they'd get their heads out of their arses and listen to what the problems are and rectify them.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

And membership often fluctuates with on-field performance. Last year's increase was probably a lot to do with the new coaching team - the novelty of that has worn off now.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

j-mac31 wrote:And membership often fluctuates with on-field performance. Last year's increase was probably a lot to do with the new coaching team - the novelty of that has worn off now.
That is another factor too. From my understanding people aren't signing up because of changes to memberships and terrible customer service from the membership department.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

They can get f*****..

The membership department finally got back to me earlier this week. I'm finally an ADULT. After 3 years and informing them 10+ times, they finally did their job.

They said my new card would be available at the ground last week, or it would be mailed out. I didn't end up going, and it's almost been a week. What are the odds of it getting to me before the start of the season?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

$200 jump for the basic membership would have cut out quite a few people out of the club, this along with the Flight Plan it's like the club has no idea how hard it's getting in the real world

to care means to understand, we care and understand what the club needs but the club might care but it sure doesn't understand so it aint gana work!
Kakadu Kangaroos
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

No sympathy from me.

As you all know, I live in Perth, but for the last 14 years I have paid for a bronze membership for myself and for most of those years a mosquito fleet membership for my daughter.

I did this knowing that I would rarely get to a game (especially in Melbourne) but because I liked the thought that I was helping the club.

Then came this years debacle with the "you must have a seat as well" shit with bronze memberships.

I don't want a guaranteed seat...it's no F****** good to me.

When I do come to Melbourne, I want to be able to sit with my family and/or friends when I go to the footy.

A bronze membership wouldn't allow me to do that.

So f*** 'em...maybe I'll spend the money on foxtel
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

swoodley wrote: So f*** 'em...maybe I'll spend the money on foxtel
very smart move, every game live, can't get any better then that
Kakadu Kangaroos
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

This is getting ridiculous. The club makes massive profits every year and they surely don't spend all of that money the following year.

They don't just need an overhaul of the membership department, they need to fire everyone currently there and start again.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robrulz5 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. The club makes massive profits every year and they surely don't spend all of that money the following year.

They don't just need an overhaul of the membership department, they need to fire everyone currently there and start again.
If they need money, they should think about selling some of the assets that Jackson hoarded over the years..
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I promised myself I wouldnt do this.......but........

Maybe the club is being sued by Filthy? :P
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:I promised myself I wouldnt do this.......but........

Maybe the club is being sued by Filthy? :P
=D> =D> =D>
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Why the f*** would we...They cant even have training sessions open.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

today Hirdy has been quoted in saying "the club is rising up the ladder and has a growing membership"

so yesterday our membership was "flagging" and today it's "growing"

come on EFC the fans made the club a circus 2 years ago but now your at fault
Kakadu Kangaroos
watsongun
Top Up Player

Post by watsongun »

the day they delist nlm and dyson i'll sign up as a member.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

watsongun wrote:the day they delist nlm and dyson i'll sign up as a member.
Roobo basically said the other day that Slattery, NLM and Dyson are only at the club because of contracts that end this year so 2013 will probably be your year, and hopefully Essendon's!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Is this for real? Are they f****** kidding?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

They've lost the plot. And I'm losing interest.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

As football clubs go they make terrible businessmen.

Getting people to buy into a vision is always easy - its a commonly known fact in real estate for example that selling the dream is a whole lot easier than selling the reality. At the end of the day, Essendon failed to satisfy a large percentage of its 50,000 members who bought into the dream. Otherwise they would be renewing their memberships wilth enthusiasm.

So instead of Hirdy pleading infront of a cheap backdrop on an amateur video shoot. Get out there and talk to the members and find out what they really want from their annual investment.

And oh yeah, some hardness on the field wouldnt go astray either
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:As football clubs go they make terrible businessmen.

Getting people to buy into a vision is always easy - its a commonly known fact in real estate for example that selling the dream is a whole lot easier than selling the reality. At the end of the day, Essendon failed to satisfy a large percentage of its 50,000 members who bought into the dream. Otherwise they would be renewing their memberships wilth enthusiasm.

So instead of Hirdy pleading infront of a cheap backdrop on an amateur video shoot. Get out there and talk to the members and find out what they really want from their annual investment.

And oh yeah, some hardness on the field wouldnt go astray either
Essendunny