Davey

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Davey

Post by Gimps »

Thought he played well last night. Couple of minor mistakes, but very good overall.

Ran, chased & tackled. Put on a lot of defensive pressure.

Keeps his spot IMO.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Davey

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Agreed, that pick up, run and 3 bounces he had that led to a Crameri goal was Davey of old!!! Lets hope last night was a boost in confidence for him and he can keep playing well and doing his role for the team. Davey and Jetta in our side make us look just that little bit more dangerous in the forward 50!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Yep I think he should play every week... Even if he isn't getting he really makes defenders look over their shoulder
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Was ok last night, but lets look at him after a 4 week block. Just as likely to be rubbish against Carlton this week.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

was good last night, seemed like he was playing with confidence, after 2-3 games back he could be back to his best but we'll see
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Was easily his best game for a while. Hopefully he can get some consistency and improvement into his game on the back of that performance and show why we were all so excited about him prior to his injuries...
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

My problem with Davey is that he doesn't make the most of the opportunities he gets. He had three shots at goal last night and end with 1.2. Of the two he missed, at least one was very gettable (can't remember the other). The goal assist to Crameri was very good but really 1.2, 1 goal assist is on okay output from a small forward.

3.0 and a goal assist, and he would have had an extremely good game.

First time I've seen him this year, and he looks much, much bigger, which will hopefully mean he is bumped of the ball in constested situations so easily anymore and that he can make even more of his tackle stick.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

awful kick for goal for a forward. needs to be just doing that a million times at training.

I would love there to be a Jetta and Davey show in the same ilk as a Garlett and Betts show.(those two are bloody amazing to watch...bloody scum).
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Davey's greatest attribute is his tackling, unfortunately not his goal scoring.

There were at leats 5 occasions where his tackling immediately influenced the outcome and helped to lock the ball in the forward line. This simply did not happen against North in particular when he was not playing.

I would have him in for this ability alone, and the odd goal is a bonus.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

rockhole wrote:Davey's greatest attribute is his tackling, unfortunately not his goal scoring.
well thats not going to cut it. has to be able to kick goals. Hope he gets a couple this weekend.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:Was ok last night, but lets look at him after a 4 week block. Just as likely to be rubbish against Carlton this week.
This. It wouldn't be the first time he plays a good game and then disappears for a month. Or 6.

Also almost everyone on the Suns is still learning how to play at the top level. I want to see him consistently putting pressure on good backlines.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

j-mac31 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Was ok last night, but lets look at him after a 4 week block. Just as likely to be rubbish against Carlton this week.
This. It wouldn't be the first time he plays a good game and then disappears for a month. Or 6.

Also almost everyone on the Suns is still learning how to play at the top level. I want to see him consistently putting pressure on good backlines.

Well, he keeps on keeping on - 9 goals in last 3 games. Applying a lot of foward pressure as well.

I am gonna say it - Alwayn is Back!!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Where is JimmyC????????
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Good again, nice to see. Getting back towards his 07/08 (?) season vintage. Finishing chances, and that's the most important thing. He and Jetta were good in tandem as well, I can't see Reimers getting back into the team if these two keep this up.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Fitness = confidence
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Destroyed them today
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Was a mile better today than he was the first 2 games back. He picked up a couple of cheap goals in those games and not much else. Today his pressure when they were trying to get it out of our forward line was superb.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robbie67 wrote:Was a mile better today than he was the first 2 games back. He picked up a couple of cheap goals in those games and not much else. Today his pressure when they were trying to get it out of our forward line was superb.
Agree. Was good today, and has been noticeably better this year so far than anything he's produced since 2008. He is comfortably holding his spot in the side at the moment and doing his job. Seems more confident than he has been for a long while, and is sticking more tackles.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Was a mile better today than he was the first 2 games back. He picked up a couple of cheap goals in those games and not much else. Today his pressure when they were trying to get it out of our forward line was superb.
Agree. Was good today, and has been noticeably better this year so far than anything he's produced since 2008. He is comfortably holding his spot in the side at the moment and doing his job. Seems more confident than he has been for a long while, and is sticking more tackles.
This. Great return to some good form. I think his extra bulk has helped too, even if only for confidence; not that he's huge still.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Keeping his feet a LOT more (along with most of the team). That gather and snap after TB missed the handball was excellent...that kind of goal is something we seemed to have been incapable of for quite a few of the last years.