Jake Milkshake

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Jake Milkshake

Post by rockhole »

What's up with Jake. The last couple of games he has really struggled and against GC he was hopeless.

He looked slow and lethargic and his body language was terrible.

I expected big things from Jake this year especially as he had laid on some extra kilos but so far, he has been out to lunch.

I hope it is only temporary as I believe he can be a gun.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Jake Milkshake

Post by swoodley »

Yeah...his efforts on Saturday night were not what I have come to expect from him.

There was an incident in the last quarter where he basically didn't chase even though it seemed like his direct opponent had the ball.

Maybe he hasn't got the stamina yet to carry around the extra muscle he put on during the preseason?????
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I've set before on here that Melksham has done very little to suggest he will be any good. He simply doesn't do anything particularly well. In a team pushing for the flag he would be the 24-28th bloke picked. He's just an honest plodder that will be overtaken by younger players in the coming years. He's a slighly better version of Dyson.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

gringo wrote:I've set before on here that Melksham has done very little to suggest he will be any good. He simply doesn't do anything particularly well. In a team pushing for the flag he would be the 24-28th bloke picked. He's just an honest plodder that will be overtaken by younger players in the coming years. He's a slighly better version of Dyson.

Unfortunately I have to agree. I wrote elsewhere that he must have the best PR manager as the hype surrounding his pre-season was off the charts. Has not had a break out game yet. Lets hope he proves the doubters wrong
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I reckon he is easily the slowest player on our list. He is disgustingly slow.
Essendunny
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Are present we have Watson, Hocking and Heppell as midfielders that could play in a team challenging for a flag.

The rest are just making up the numbers at the moment. Carlton will do despicable things to us in the guts.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Too early in his career to make a definitive call yet.

But he doesn't have that obvious star quality about himself. No other club is going to come knocking on our door to try and get him ala us with Caddy at GC for example. (GWS with Scully etc etc)
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

little_ripper wrote:Too early in his career to make a definitive call yet.

But he doesn't have that obvious star quality about himself. No other club is going to come knocking on our door to try and get him ala us with Caddy at GC for example. (GWS with Scully etc etc)
Yes, it's comforting to know that other clubs won't come and steal our garbage from under our nose. Phew.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Has been poor the first few rounds and is a little lucky that we have do many on the sidelines as he probably would be in the Bendigo side ATM .
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Ah its lovely being an armchair critic.

While he hasnt set the world on fire I have see him going in to the bottom of packs. I think many of the opinions expressed in this thread a quite frankly far too harsh.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:Ah its lovely being an armchair critic.

While he hasnt set the world on fire I have see him going in to the bottom of packs. I think many of the opinions expressed in this thread a quite frankly far too harsh.
What's so harsh about saying he is disgustingly slow? He couldn't run down a statue.

He's just another victim of the pre-season FLUFF where they said he'll have a "breakout" season. Perhaps he will breakout....... in pimples.
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Melksham could be an absolute gun and I think our coaching staff have a lot of time for him. The big problem for him is his tank, he doesn't seem to be able to get up for those second or third efforts and when he does he's stuffed and ends up resting on the bench. I hope he gets dropped this week just so he gets the message that mediocre performances won't cut it. A wake up call early in the season could be really good for him. Also Lee has shown some good form for Bendigo and would be an ideal replacement.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ZeroEffect wrote:Melksham could be an absolute gun and I think our coaching staff have a lot of time for him.
I think he'll just be an honest battler. Guns generally rip games apart. Doubt Melksham would ever do that.
The big problem for him is his tank, he doesn't seem to be able to get up for those second or third efforts and when he does he's stuffed and ends up resting on the bench.
True. And I find that staggering given the amount of pre-season strength and conditioning we have supposed to have done. And he was one of our better "performers" in pre-season! How do you run out of puff in R3 after such gruelling training / conditioning?
I hope he gets dropped this week just so he gets the message that mediocre performances won't cut it. A wake up call early in the season could be really good for him.
Unlikely as we seem to be losing 3 players per week to all sorts of physical catastrophes.
Also Lee has shown some good form for Bendigo and would be an ideal replacement.
I hope he's better than the other Lee's I know - Andrew Lee who was on our list for something like 6 years for 6 games and Brett Lee the biggest flog in sport.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Sophie Lee was pretty good in her prime :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:Sophie Lee was pretty good in her prime :wink:
She used to do that Sex show IIRC. Also played a role in The Castle. Yep, she played a few good games :wink:

Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee weren't bad. Very injury prone though.
Essendunny
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

well he has put on some much needed size. He was a rake last year. Clearly worked hard in that area as you can see he just doesnt have the body type to put size on easily.

But he should be showing his wares by now. I think its pretty clear he is not going to be the A grade mid we were looking for and needed. Most folks round here said it best, good ordinary player at best. Hope I/we're wrong though.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sarah Lea anyone
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:
She used to do that Sex show IIRC. Also played a role in The Castle. Yep, she played a few good games :wink:

Didn't she compare a cartoon show also. They reckon you could not find a sales rep in Melbourne on the afternoon that she was on the box, as they were all glued to the screen, drooling!! :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

rockhole wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Didn't she compare a cartoon show also. They reckon you could not find a sales rep in Melbourne on the afternoon that she was on the box, as they were all glued to the screen, drooling!! :D
Yeah, she did a cartoon show. She was in Muriel's Wedding. And she was in a band that did a cover of that song "Spill the wine, chase that girl" (think that's how it went. I remember seeing the video, she was "allegedly" playing the keyboard. I'm tipping she was just hanging off the sccchlong of the lead singer, and they used her for a bit of exposure.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Gimps wrote:
rockhole wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Yeah, she did a cartoon show. She was in Muriel's Wedding. And she was in a band that did a cover of that song "Spill the wine, chase that girl" (think that's how it went. I remember seeing the video, she was "allegedly" playing the keyboard. I'm tipping she was just hanging off the sccchlong of the lead singer, and they used her for a bit of exposure.
She was actually a bloody good saxaphone player.

Re the cartoon angle, check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2VvAdkyzNU