Paddy and TB

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Paddy and TB

Post by hop »

IMHO this would be the best ruck combo going around.

TB has improved markedly and Paddy is playing like a bloke who wants to be out there. The timing of his leaps and his tap-work is sublime. I haven't seen the likes of it at EFC since Simon the Great.

Next week will be the biggest test these two have ever faced. I hope Hirdy and Bomba and Simon are in their ear all week - take down Cox and Nic Nat - we win.

Can't wait!!!!!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Paddy and TB

Post by robbie67 »

We will find out where they are this week. Up against the current champs.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I've heard Natanui has an injury concern and may not play today. Would love to see him miss next week. I don't give a rats arse if people say we should want to play teams at their best. We can do that in the finals, and I can't remember the last time we were at full strength - so I hope the plague goes through all of the other top teams.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I dont think we have the best two rucks in the league but we would have the best three.

Belly is coming along nicely for sure. Paddy still lacks concsistency and whilst his tap work in the ruck is great, still not getting enough out of him around the ground
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:I dont think we have the best two rucks in the league but we would have the best three.

Belly is coming along nicely for sure. Paddy still lacks concsistency and whilst his tap work in the ruck is great, still not getting enough out of him around the ground
Paddy impressed me yesterday ... with the fend off and fence ... he looked like he actually gave a crap ... bout time
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Any chance Paddy will be looked at by the MRP for that scuffle??
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Gimps wrote:I've heard Natanui has an injury concern and may not play today. Would love to see him miss next week. I don't give a rats arse if people say we should want to play teams at their best. We can do that in the finals, and I can't remember the last time we were at full strength - so I hope the plague goes through all of the other top teams.
Yep, he's out. Hopefully it's a 2 week injury.
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Belly has gone past Hille now. Playing some excellent football
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Itsmyshow wrote:Belly has gone past Hille now. Playing some excellent football
He has, but hille is injured and not played much football. If hille has his best still left in him. Well deserves to play. that being said hille may not get back to his best for a while
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Any chance Paddy will be looked at by the MRP for that scuffle??
I'm sure they will try hard but there was nothing in it.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Its great that TB is going so well but lets not forget how good Hille was looking before his injury

I suppose we are in a good place whne you have this type of selection dilemma. Belly's test will be how he goes against Cox who is a man monster
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'm still not convinced that Naitanui is all that good yet. He simply doesn't do enough often enough. But the commentators crap on about the very little that he does do. Hype.

The only occasions where he looks like he's dominating the game is against us - unfortunately.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:I'm still not convinced that Naitanui is all that good yet. He simply doesn't do enough often enough. But the commentators crap on about the very little that he does do. Hype.

The only occasions where he looks like he's dominating the game is against us - unfortunately.
Would like to think that Paddy's new found aggression will put an end to that.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm still not convinced that Naitanui is all that good yet. He simply doesn't do enough often enough. But the commentators crap on about the very little that he does do. Hype.

Would like to think that Paddy's new found aggression will put an end to that.
Certainly hope so.
Essendunny
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

He's not. He does four or five amazing things a game which commentators jerk off about, and which make the highlights reels, then goes missing for 20 minutes at a time.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ossie wrote:

He's not. He does four or five amazing things a game which commentators jerk off about, and which make the highlights reels, then goes missing for 20 minutes at a time.
Exactly!
Essendunny
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Windy_Hill wrote:Its great that TB is going so well but lets not forget how good Hille was looking before his injury

I suppose we are in a good place whne you have this type of selection dilemma. Belly's test will be how he goes against Cox who is a man monster
Was Hille's form equal to or better than the form displayed by Belly?? I wouldn't have thought so... Hilley has been a fantastic servant to the club, but footy is cut throat these days, my view is still that Belly has gone past him.
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Itsmyshow wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Its great that TB is going so well but lets not forget how good Hille was looking before his injury

Was Hille's form equal to or better than the form displayed by Belly?? I wouldn't have thought so... Hilley has been a fantastic servant to the club, but footy is cut throat these days, my view is still that Belly has gone past him.
Been saying this for 12 months

We need to get as many games into TB as humanly possible and use Hille as the best back up ruckman in the comp

I will spew if Hille comes straight back in on sentiment alone
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

It depends what we want out of them. TB is a better tap ruckman, but Hille is superior around the ground/ up forward. If fit, I still rate Hille as the better player. TB is catching up though.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Gimps wrote:It depends what we want out of them. TB is a better tap ruckman, but Hille is superior around the ground/ up forward. If fit, I still rate Hille as the better player. TB is catching up though.
He wont catch up going back to the magoo's when Hille is fit! We know the 3 rucks system doesnt work and we all believe that Ryder is best in the ruck - but honestly with injuries to Crammers and Hurls as KPF's if we need to play all 3 then we can have one in the goal square (Ryder would be my preference as he has the best hands and best set shot of the 3).

Would love to see Ryder boot a bag of 5 plus at some stage during the year - would go his already growing confidence the world of good.