Season Over

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Season Over

Post by boncer34 »

Hutchy just tipped us to win the flag. :roll:

He predicted Melbourne would win it this time last year.

Time to get set for 2013. :lol:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Re: Season Over

Post by DC2 »

boncer34 wrote:Hutchy just tipped us to win the flag. :roll:

He predicted Melbourne would win it this time last year.

Time to get set for 2013. :lol:
The flag??

Thats pretty silly even for hutchy. Even though our record is good, it doesnt speak of the performances as a whole. Havent played the greatest, Suns almost beat us. Played some good footy and some very average footy.
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Think the flag is a bit of a stretch.. We have a list capable of building to one, but injuries alone that we currently have are enough to wear down the blokes that are playing by the end of the year.
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Itsmyshow wrote:Think the flag is a bit of a stretch.. We have a list capable of building to one, but injuries alone that we currently have are enough to wear down the blokes that are playing by the end of the year.
In addition it would be well to remember the teams slump last year. This was put down to the heavy weaponisation workload . It would not surprise if a similar thing were to happen this year.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I doubt we will beat the Eagles if we dont have Crameri or Hurley so lets not worry about any damn flags quite yet
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

He did ?!!?

The little champ passed away years ago.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Once a moron, always a moron
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm still trying to get my head around us making the eight. Don't confound me.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

I would expect we would fade a bit towards the latter half of the season (happy to be proven wrong!) so flag this year is not realistic....
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We aren't capable of winning the flag at the moment and a top 4 finish probably won't happen.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I had us originally at 14-8 after Round 23. We got a win I didn't think we would. Now we're looking at 15-7 based on my predictions. However, we all know we don't generally win games we should. "One week at a time" but just need to beat Richmond & Melbourne, not get blown away in Perth and maintain consistency until finals before I get carried away. I'll stick with a 6-8 finish. Although, a lot of teams are taking games off each other and "fancied teams for the flag" aren't red hot at the moment. If it continues we may be a chance for Top 4 but keep it realistic people. A year ago we were in the same position. Been burnt from that and need healing quick smart!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

At this stage we will match our 2000 season.

:P
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:At this stage we will match our 2000 season.

It's weird, when I read that, I said to myself, "but we were undefeated in 2000". It still hasnt properly entered my conciousness that we actually lost that game to the Western Bulldogs.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

robbie67 wrote:

It's weird, when I read that, I said to myself, "but we were undefeated in 2000". It still hasnt properly entered my conciousness that we actually lost that game to the Western Bulldogs.
The Uber Flood - thanks to Eade!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Western Red wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Not true. We were 4 goals up at 3/4 time. They stopped the flood for the last quarter and after our big game v Carlton the week before, we failed to run it out, or they ran it out better. Lloyd missed an early q4 shot at goal that would've put us 5 goals up. Grant could do no wrong up the other end. Media beat the flood rubbish up big time.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Terry Wallace was responsible for the way football went in the 2000's. Created the flooding tactics and it became a bane on the game for a decade. Sheedy labelled it "basketball crap" IIRC.....
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

That flooding was only a few weeks after West Coast did everything they could not to get blown away. They didn't even try to win the game, they just kicked the ball to the boundary every time they got the ball in the back half.

That dogs games was the first time I went to a game with an opposition supporter, I was giving it to him all week telling him how we were going to belt them. Since then I've saved that sort of stuff until we do win.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Western Red wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

It's weird, when I read that, I said to myself, "but we were undefeated in 2000". It still hasn't properly entered my consciousness that we actually lost that game to the Western Bulldogs.
Terry Wallace was responsible for the way football went in the 2000's. Created the flooding tactics and it became a bane on the game for a decade. Sheedy labelled it "basketball crap" IIRC.....

Yes, Wallace was the Dogs coach at the time. Did he learn the flood from the Swans Eade or did he come up with it himself? I can't remember. I do remember the media hype re: that game and that we were winning it anyhow until they changed to conventional tactics.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Western Red wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

It's weird, when I read that, I said to myself, "but we were undefeated in 2000". It still hasn't properly entered my consciousness that we actually lost that game to the Western Bulldogs.

Yes, Wallace was the Dogs coach at the time. Did he learn the flood from the Swans Eade or did he come up with it himself? I can't remember. I do remember the media hype re: that game and that we were winning it anyhow until they changed to conventional tactics.
Pretty sure it was Wallace who designed it. He thought he was a hero after that match. Peasant.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Was definitely Wallace. That c*nt ruined footy for 6 or 7 years after that.