Wow. Thats a great result

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Wow. Thats a great result

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hearty congratulations to Melbourne - seriously deserved to win tonight and it just shows how much work the Dons have to do.

We have been average more often than not this year

The Gold Coast and GWS Games - average
Port Adelaide - Average
Got out of Jail against North
Let Carlton back into the game but great win
Great win against a really depleted WCE
Average against Collingwood - the margin flattered us

Our draw has been kind. We needed to win tonight and didnt.

This is reality.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Wow. Thats a great result

Post by boncer34 »

Lets not rubbish the rest of the year based on one game.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

You're so full of shit Windy.. King of hindsight.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

boncer34 wrote:Lets not rubbish the rest of the year based on one game.
Agreed... Like losing to the Dogs in round 21, 2000 tonight was a loss that could be fruitful in the long run...
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Prediction: Bombertalk will go into meltdown

Windy is kick starting.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Gimps wrote:You're so full of shit Windy.. King of hindsight.
Correct weight.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hindsight?

I think you will find that I have been pretty consistent on our form issues all year. We have played well in patches, bad in patches.

As someone once wisely said on this forum - Essendon seems to play as well as the pedigree of its opponent each week.

I am not to phased by the loss other than it does make things tougher given our draw in the second half of the season. We should have won and we didnt.

What I am sure of is that we remain a chance for a top 4 spot but we are not Premiership material - yet.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

As worse as anything we served up mid year last year.

Was nothing more than a case of complacency (rested Hooker, played one of our best clearance players as the sub and then got belted in the clearances), shit adaptation to the conditions and the ball just seemed to bounce Melbourne's way all f****** night.

Hurley couldn't convert to save himself, we allowed Jack Watts to play his best game of the season, we allowed another spud to get up and play the game of his life (Green last year, Garland this year)

Skills were shit, decision making was shit, desire wasn't there, Melbourne wanted it far more.

Fact remains we play shit in wet weather, our skills go to shit, we fumble it and can't do anything right we don't know how to play in it. Look at the Gold Coast game and look at tonight, we would have to be the worst wet weather football team in the competition and have been for years.

Doesn't mean that we are suddenly a shit team again. We had a very shit night, and we can't play wet weather footy, which luckily for us we don't have to worry about too much.

And we can all take some consolation in the fact that Carlton got destroyed by Port Adelaide.

In terms of Melbourne, I know they were excited to finally win a game, but the whole almost lap of honour thing was f****** pathetic, and if I was one of their supporters sitting on the boundary line I would've told them to pull their f****** heads in get into the room and sing the song and think how to go about not going to their completely suckful ways next week.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:Hindsight?

I think you will find that I have been pretty consistent on our form issues all year. We have played well in patches, bad in patches.

As someone once wisely said on this forum - Essendon seems to play as well as the pedigree of its opponent each week.

I am not to phased by the loss other than it does make things tougher given our draw in the second half of the season. We should have won and we didnt.

What I am sure of is that we remain a chance for a top 4 spot but we are not Premiership material - yet.

I agree 100% Windy... Loss we had to have IMO, yes I expected a big win but not to be..
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BomberinJapan wrote:
Correct weight.

What are you f****** talking about - what games were you watching when we played Port, GC and North. Seriously, Hindsight has got nothing to do with it.

Geez I am simply making a simple statment that in reality our form has been pactchy in several games against lesser teams. Why the frontal assualt?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
Correct weight.

What are you f****** talking about - what games were you watching when we played Port, GC and North. Seriously, Hindsight has got nothing to do with it.

Geez I am simply making a simple statment that in reality our form has been pactchy in several games against lesser teams. Why the frontal assualt?
No your words were "Our draw has been kind" and "This is reality."
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
Correct weight.

And your point is exactly what?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
BomberinJapan wrote:
Correct weight.

And your point is exactly what?
Our draw hasn't been "soft" and we played shit. Doesn't undo 9 weeks of hard work.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

We have played the bottom 4 teams in the first 10 games

You could probablly throw North into that lot as well and they nearly beat us.

We lost to Collingwood and nearly got done by Richmond - West Coast were crippled by injury

Our only truly impressive win was against Carlton and they chewed up a 60 plus lead to lose by about 30 or whatever it was

We havnt played Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney, Geelong, all finals contenders. We have Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood to play a second time plus challengin road trips to Port and Freo

Are you seriously telling me the first 10 games have been the hard stuff????

Anyway, if you read my post, there is nothing in there that says anythign about throwing the season away - have another read.. Or better yet, going and read Robbie's rantings for that sort of stuff.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:We have played the bottom 4 teams in the first 10 games

We lost to Collingwood and nearly got done by Richmond - West Coast were crippled by injury

Our only truly impressive win was against Carlton and they chewed up a 60 plus lead to lose by about 30 or whatever it was

We havnt played Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney, Geelong, all finals contenders. We have Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood to play a second time plus challengin road trips to Port and Freo

Anyway, if you read my post, there is nothing in there that says anythign about throwing the season away - have another read.. Or better yet, going and read Robbie's rantings for that sort of stuff.
We just need Gumby back dont we f***wit?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

was that f*** wit or f*** hole Rob

Either way, another banal and childish prod
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Prod? Is that one of your gardening tools?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:We have played the bottom 4 teams in the first 10 games

We had beaten who we had to. We simply played shithouse tonight. Saying that we had done it easy because of the draw is absolute tripe.

Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:Prod? Is that one of your gardening tools?
Expect better from you Rob - the anger is just not there anymore is it?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

That was a shit result.

1. We lost. It's never a great result when we lose.
2. We played like a turd sandwhich.
3. We lost to the bottom team who hadn't won a game this year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.