Bendigo vs Box Hill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Bendigo vs Box Hill

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The Gold have won by 32 points!! From what I gathered on twitter Hille dominated, Gumby promising, multiple goals to Colyer and Reimo... Details to come!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Bendigo vs Box Hill

Post by BenDoolan »

Box Hill Hawks 3.6 5.10 7.12 9.14 (68)
Bendigo 1.4 6.7 9.12 14.16 (100)

GOALS:
Box Hill Hawks: Frank 2 Pattison 2 Northe 2 Tobin Lowden Andrews
Bendigo: Reimers 2 Stroobants 2 Hille 2 Colyer 2 Little 2 Duscher Dell'Olio Gumbleton Dalgleish

BEST:
Box Hill Hawks: Gilham Andrews Duryea Mirra Lock Pattison
Bendigo: Hibberd Lee Kavanagh Freezer Duscher Williams

You'd reckon Hibberd would be a certainlty for Freo next week. Kavanagh putting some good games together too.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Went along today to Box HIll Oval with a few mates given we had the bye. My thoughts (mainly on the EFC listed players):

- Hibberd: Deservedly named BOG. Was very good for all 4 quarters of the game - clean with his disposal, strong in contests (both on the ground and in the air), a class above the other players on the ground. Should be first promoted next week.
- Kavanagh: First time i've seen him live and i liked what i saw. Quick enough, good disposal and wins the ball inside and out. Was a big factor in our midfield getting well on top of Box Hill in the second half. I had him second best behind Hibberd.
- Gumbleton: Tough day for tall forwards (cold, quite breezy and drizzly rain for part of the game) but he contested pretty well, kicked a goal and set up one other to Colyer. Box Hill pushed back hard in the first half which also made it hard for him.
- Hille: Slow first half with some sloppy disposal but worked into the game nicely in the second half. Got on top in the ruck in the 3rd quarter, and then went forward and kicked a few goals and took some important marks, as he should given his experience and quality.
- Colyer: Quiet first half, came into the game in the third and was everywhere in the last quarter when the game opened up and we were running all over Box Hill and guys like Lee were winning the ball on the inside. Still needs to work on his disposal but he gets it in the right places to receive and run with the ball. Took some good overhead marks which surprised me, given his size.
- Dell'Olio: Unlike most others, he actually started pretty well and then went out of the game in the second half. He tends to commit classic small forward errors such as trying to mark instead of spoiling when caught behind in contests (this must've happened 4-5 times today), needs to be a bit more team oriented. Did some classy things with the ball when he had it though.
- Merrett: Not really sighted all that much. Looks ok when he has the ball but is undersized at the moment and struggles to compete effectively as a result.
- Slattery: Classic Slatts - did a few nice things but also committed a few poor disposal errors and gave away a few unnecessary free kicks. Hard to see him getting back into the seniors barring an injury crisis.
- Reimers: Pretty good. Just seemed to bob up when needed, kicked a critical long set shot goal into the breeze in the third term which set us on our way. Disposal was generally pretty good.
- Baguley: Was pretty solid in the first half when the backline was under a bit of pressure and Box Hill controlled the game for prolonged periods. Nothing outstanding but solid.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah Hibberd was always a certainty for the next available seniors game, great to see a few guys have good games
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Oh, and Ross came on in the second half after what i assume is a prolonged injury layoff (?). Looked ok, took a nice mark in defence, but didn't really have enough time to impress on the game.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Whats that, 3 or 4 games for Gumby now and no sign of injury. And considering the amount of footy he has missed, he is also contributing quite well

Gotta be happy with that!!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

This is all really positive stuff.

Of course the question is: does Hille come in for TB???
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Hibberd was all over it. A monty for Freo.

Colyer opened them up in the second half with some good run.

Reimers seemed to be trying very hard and looked knackered in the last when he came to the interchange. I was trying to decide if he's been weaponized or just getting too chunky? Nonetheless, some good grunt work from him and a sneaky Q4 goal.

Hille is a monster. His second half was very good. Might be time for TB to have a rest.

Gumby crashed a few packs and generally made himself a decent target, but he was frequently double teamed in the air. That's ok, as the smalls cleaned up a few.

Kavanagh looks assured out there and had some good run, especially in the Q3 I thought.

Browne looked very good attacking the ball and taking on his opponent across half back, but Slattery remains a very good VFL player.

What number is Baguley?
Last edited by F111 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

F111 wrote:Browne looked very good attacking the ball and taking on his opponent across half back, but Slattery remains a very good VFL player.

What number is Baguley?
Yeah, forgot about Browne, he was solid and competed well all day. Funny moment in the 3rd quarter when the ball came to the outer wing right near where i was standing, and he and a Box Hill player were contesting it right near the line - the BH guy picked it up and clearly took the ball over the line when he kicked it but the boundary umpire missed it. Browne yelled: "it was out you f****** idiot!" :lol:. We agreed with him!

Baguley was #46, half back / back pocket.
bomber91
Top Up Player

Post by bomber91 »

get Hibbo in asap!

love his marking strength and competitiveness at the contest..

in our top 5 performers before anzac day
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Good crowd. They needed more people on the sausage stand.
crowd.jpg
Hille can jump...
Hille rucks.jpg
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Cute.
Cute.jpg
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:Box Hill Hawks 3.6 5.10 7.12 9.14 (68)

GOALS:
Bendigo: Reimers 2 Stroobants 2 Hille 2 Colyer 2 Little 2 Duscher Dell'Olio Gumbleton Dalgleish

BEST:

You'd reckon Hibberd would be a certainlty for Freo next week. Kavanagh putting some good games together too.
Thanks BD.. too hard trying to do it from my phone!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Box Hill Hawks 3.6 5.10 7.12 9.14 (68)

GOALS:

BEST:

Thanks BD.. too hard trying to do it from my phone!!
No worries MM :wink:
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Imagine a hip and shoulder from Hille, delivered at speed! :shock: He's one solid lump and would generate a bit of speed once up and moving. He covered a lot of ground today, and looked like he was tuckered out in the Q4 when he spent some time in the forward line.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Some real selectopn dilemmas coing up
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

They look like they are in good form!
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:Image

They look like they are in good form!
I'll take the one on the left. The right is yours Doolan..
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Nice smile, nice ....! BD, you wouldn't be unhappy either!
IMG_5649.JPG
Last edited by F111 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Great effort f111 and jimmy. Much appreciated. Good to hear Hibberd is back in form. Was vital down back before his injury so will be a welcomed inclusion next week. Great that Gumby got through unscathed. That's the Important bit at the moment. Form will come. Signs sound good for Kav.

Do you guys think Reimers showed enough for senior selection? Did Hille look like he would be fit enough to run around subiaco next week?