Half Year Report - PLaying List

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Half Year Report - PLaying List

Post by Windy_Hill »

Bellchambers - 6.5 -Slowing down a bit after a fantastic early run of form. Still young, still developing, will be a 200 game player
Browne - 0 - Nothing to report
Carlisle - 6 - Coming on nicely. Always had great hands but is showing real maturity and poise in defence - IMHO our best long term replacement for Fletcher
Colyer - 4 - After a promising pre-season, injury and form loss has seen Trav go backwards, a little bit. Still think he can develop into a quality small mid
Crameri - 7 - Fantastic start to the season but has dropped away in recent weeks - surely carrying an injury. He adds grunt and presence to the forward line. Accuracy!!!!
Davey - 6.5 - Froggy's best season for quite a while and has been a regular 2-3 goal scorer. Pace and defensive pressure has been solid
Davis - 0 - Nothing to report
Dell'Olio - 3.5 - Limited opportunities but like what I see.
Dempsey - 7 - has been fantastic off half back and really adds rebounding quality to the team. Disposal can be a little wayward at times but he is a genuine 80m player
Dyson - 6.5 - has been reborn across the half back line adding rebound and disposal efficiency
Fletcher - 7 - Still solid, still reliable, still our best defender
Gumbleton - 0 - Nothing to report however "Watch this Space"
Hardingham - 6.5 - becoming a very good defender. Commits 100% and is fanatical in his desire to compete. Much tighter this year but still needs to improve his disposal
Heppell - 6 - Probably playing as well as he did lasy year but really hasnt gone up a notch yet. Still, we have a class act on our hands and he will be a star
Hibberd - 4 - Limited game time due to injury but I expect this rating to go close to doubling by season's end. Quality defender in the Dean Solomon mould
Hille - 3 - limited game time but his return to the team will help add experience and strength during the hard run home. Will be fresh as a daisy which will help
Hocking - 5 -was in great form early in the season but constant negating roles has seen his own game suffer. Needs to be given a free run on the ball
Hooker - 7 - Dare I say it, our second best tall defender who has done some great work in defence this season. Was missed when injured
Howlett = 6.5 - Has been as solid as a rock all year. Not much to his game but can be relied on to get in and under at the clearances. Every team needs one like him
Hurley - 5 - Struggling. Feel like he is playing to prove himself after signing the big contract. Just relax, chill out and play your natural game son. Still, a huge future
Jetta -6 - Our own Laurence Olivier - has been good though and he and Davey have provided many headached for opposition defences. Getting more consistent
Kavanagh - 0 - Nothing to report
Lonergan - 5.5 - Has been terrific in the clinches all season but looks like a player who needs a spell - will be needed in the run home to provide some run with support
Lovett-Murray - 5 - Typical NLM effort. Does some great things from time to time, then does some horrible things. A great option as a Sub
McVeigh - 3 - Time Up.
Melksham - 4 - Question marks over this lad. Not sure if he is just horribly out of form or simply doesnt have it. Seems slow and disposes the ball badly
Merrett - 0 Nothing to report
Monfries - 5 - Is doing a job but still does not do enough. Frustrating as he has shown what he can do when he switches on. Trade Bait
Myers - 6 - Starting to come good, at last. Still suffers too many injuries but has been a real contributor when playing. Unfairly criticised by many
O'Brien - 0 -Nothing to report
Pears - 2.5 - Awful. What happened to this guy. Was poised to become a Top 10 player in the club and now struggles to get a game. Is it injuries? Needs to bulk up
Prismall - 0 - Nothing to report
Reimers - 3 - Doesnt do enough when presented with the opportunity. Has had to earn his return to the seniors like never before. Lets see if he has learned his lessons
Ross - 0 -Nothing to report
Ryder - 7 - Has been pretty solid all year whether drifintg forward and scoring goals or providing some class in his ruck work. Needs to lift his work rate from time to time
Slattery - 1 - One appearance - enough said
Stanton - 8 - what a year he is having and finally puts the critics to rest. All Australian is a real possibility if he can shrug off the hard tags he has been getting lately
Steinberg - 0 -Nothing to report
Watson - 9 - Brownlow medal awaits if he just continues to do what he is doing. A true champion of the game now and the best inside Mid in the comp
Winderlich - 0 - Nothing to report
Zaharakis - 7.5 - has been steady all season with bursts of brilliance. A class act but unfortunately lost to injury for a few weeks
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Half Year Report - PLaying List

Post by bomberdonnie »

You have grossly underrated Watto for mine
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bomberdonnie wrote:You have grossly underrated Watto for mine

Ok Brownlow Medal and King of Moomba then!!!
Choppy
Top Up Player

Post by Choppy »

And overrated Hurley too..fk me he has been bad.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

with those rating how the the hell are we in the top 8?

Watson should be a 10 no question
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Jazz_84 wrote:with those rating how the the hell are we in the top 8?
Soft draw.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:with those rating how the the hell are we in the top 8?

Watson should be a 10 no question

The ratings are relative - if you want to pump everyone up by one point, no problem.

10 = Perfect.
9 = Exceeding all Expectations
8 = Excellent
7 = Very Good
6 = Above Average
5 = Average
4 = Below Average
3 = Poor
2 = Extremely Disappointing
1 = Delist
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I'd have Davey as one of our best this year.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

I am really suprised you give Myers a 6.(considering its relative).

How does he keep the same company as Jetta, Hocking, Carlisle and Heppell?

He has only played 3 games!

I am also getting a bit tired of the Hurley bashing.(not singling you out Windy, good on you for putting your neck out to rate the players as you see them). I am pretty damn happy with his output with one proviso, his goal kicking. Otherwise he is still very much our go to man. Personally I think he could turn into anything. CHB, CHF or perhaps even play almost a utility type role. Relative to perhaps where we thought Hurley might be,yes a bit of a disappointment.

My feeling is that you could have been a little more generous to hardingham(been excellent in my eyes) and I think you forget just how good Hibberd was before he got injured... And I think your half season rating of Myers is on one half of excellent football that just happened last round.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

You can't give a player a shit rating based on them missing games due to injury. For example, Hibberd was a good 7 before getting injured. Giving Myers a 6 is farcical.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:You can't give a player a shit rating based on them missing games due to injury. For example, Hibberd was a good 7 before getting injured. Giving Myers a 6 is farcical.

Whats he done wrong? Frankly if this was a court of law, your comments would be inadmissable on the grounds of clear prejudice

As for Hibberd, I believe he was pretty solid but nothing more - I expect him to shine

Anyway, stop pissing on it - its just my opinion - it may not be perfect
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Solid? f*** me. Played one above average half of footy. Nuff said.

Hibberd was flying before he got injured.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

little_ripper wrote: My feeling is that you could have been a little more generous to hardingham(been excellent in my eyes) and I think you forget just how good Hibberd was before he got injured... And I think your half season rating of Myers is on one half of excellent football that just happened last round.
Have to agree with little_rippper, Hibberd was great before he got injured. Giving Myers a 6 (above average) for 2 poor games and a really good half and Hibberd a 4 (below average) for 4 or 5 really good games but getting injured is wrong. You've kicked that one out on the full Windy_Hill.

Apart from that I agree with most of what you say. Maybe a bit harsh on Pears and a bit lenient on Lonergan. Really good to see you got your assessment of Melksham right, every time him or his opponent goes near a contest I cringe.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:

Anyway, stop pissing on it - its just my opinion - it may not be perfect
Yes it is your opinion and if you don't like it being debated don't post it

Froggy gets an 8 from me
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »