Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man

Post by BenDoolan »

Joe Daniher?
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

People bitch and moan about Ablett and Judd and the treatment they get from taggers and lack of protection they get from umpires.

In recent weeks I've seen Jobe try running through a centre bounce while his opponent has been full on tackling him even though the ruck contest has not actually even been completed yet, let alone Jobe has taken possession of the ball. Yes Ablett and Judd have had to put up with shit from taggers, but I never seen either of them cop that sort of treatment.

Jobe is apparrently the only player in the competition that is allowed to be tackled consistently when he does not have possession of the ball.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

ealesy wrote:People bitch and moan about Ablett and Judd and the treatment they get from taggers and lack of protection they get from umpires.

In recent weeks I've seen Jobe try running through a centre bounce while his opponent has been full on tackling him even though the ruck contest has not actually even been completed yet, let alone Jobe has taken possession of the ball. Yes Ablett and Judd have had to put up with shit from taggers, but I never seen either of them cop that sort of treatment.

Jobe is apparrently the only player in the competition that is allowed to be tackled consistently when he does not have possession of the ball.
I enjoyed watching Paddy Ryder being held, grappled and restricted from competing in contests in our forward line while Nick Reiwoldt gets the softest free kicks ever seen.

Pisses me off no end.
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:People bitch and moan about Ablett and Judd and the treatment they get from taggers and lack of protection they get from umpires.

Dont take this the wrong way, but whats this got to do with the post?
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

At first look I thought that was a photo of Jobe Watson, I now realise you are talking about Gumbleton.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote:At first look I thought that was a photo of Jobe Watson, I now realise you are talking about Gumbleton.

lol - now I get it. No offence Ealsy, i thought you had gone completely bonkers
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Trying telling me this bloke doesn't have talent. Unluckiest bloke we've ever had come through our doors, some may argue Neale but my argument is he got a couple of quality seasons. Gumby has got 1.

If we ever get to the last day in September and his name is read out after the final siren try telling me watching him collect his medallion isn't the best feel good story of the modern era.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Itsmyshow
Top Up Player

Post by Itsmyshow »

Bring him in immediately!!!
It's been less than a week since BJG joined the Red and Black, but already the world is a far better place.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I wish I could've reported to you guys yesterday that he had kicked six and that he was taking hangers but unfortunately he didn't do too much. He moved up the ground a far bit too. In saying that...there's no harm in giving him a go with our depleted forward line at the moment. But otherwise he shouldn't get a game based on his performance yesterday.
npskinner
Top Up Player

Post by npskinner »

Not worth bringing in this week. But with Hurley out for at least 3 weeks I would expect him to get a game. This week I'd like to see a forward line setup of

Jetta Ryder Davey

Lovett-Murray Hardingham Reimers

Rotate Carlisle & Hille through there.

Since Lovett-Murray is going to play (no matter what everyone thinks of his performances) at least he is somewhat of a marking option.

Only concern is Hardingham up forward can possibly mean Myers going back and that is frightening.

I miss the days of having the luxury of playing Winderlich in the pocket. Maybe at the tail end of the year. Coupled with Hurley, Crameri and possibly Monfries its a dangerous forward line.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

npskinner wrote:Not worth bringing in this week. But with Hurley out for at least 3 weeks I would expect him to get a game. This week I'd like to see a forward line setup of

Jetta Ryder Davey

Lovett-Murray Hardingham Reimers

Rotate Carlisle & Hille through there.

Since Lovett-Murray is going to play (no matter what everyone thinks of his performances) at least he is somewhat of a marking option.

Only concern is Hardingham up forward can possibly mean Myers going back and that is frightening.

I miss the days of having the luxury of playing Winderlich in the pocket. Maybe at the tail end of the year. Coupled with Hurley, Crameri and possibly Monfries its a dangerous forward line.
If the short arses do their job, we should be right. But it's too hard to predict that they will.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

JP_12 wrote:I wish I could've reported to you guys yesterday that he had kicked six and that he was taking hangers but unfortunately he didn't do too much. He moved up the ground a far bit too. In saying that...there's no harm in giving him a go with our depleted forward line at the moment. But otherwise he shouldn't get a game based on his performance yesterday.
He survived another game. That's good for him. It's all about rebuilding confidence, to know that the the body can hold up. I have never lost faith in Gumby. He has shown in these first 22 games what he can do. Imagine if he could get 50-60 games under his belt!!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Can only hope Windy....I just don't have high expectations.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:

I enjoyed watching Paddy Ryder being held, grappled and restricted from competing in contests in our forward line while Nick Reiwoldt gets the softest free kicks ever seen.

Pisses me off no end.
Me too. TBH I haven't noticed Timmy being held as much as Ryder.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

As for Gumbleton, I don't see why not. He's fit, everyone was shit this week and Hurley and Crameri are out.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

And BTW Hamilton has said today that he could come in this week.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bring him in, f*** it plonk him in the goal square, who do Port have down back that will match him?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Cometh the hour
Cometh the man
Windy loves him so much
He cometh on his hand
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Windy_Hill wrote:
JP_12 wrote:I wish I could've reported to you guys yesterday that he had kicked six and that he was taking hangers but unfortunately he didn't do too much. He moved up the ground a far bit too. In saying that...there's no harm in giving him a go with our depleted forward line at the moment. But otherwise he shouldn't get a game based on his performance yesterday.
He survived another game. That's good for him. It's all about rebuilding confidence, to know that the the body can hold up. I have never lost faith in Gumby. He has shown in these first 22 games what he can do. Imagine if he could get 50-60 games under his belt!!!
Hang on, what did he show us in his first 22 games? Not a lot.