Our Best Win of the Year

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Our Best Win of the Year

Post by Windy_Hill »

No doubt about it

Missing key players (Zaharakis, Hurley, Hocking, Crameri, Ryder)

Playing our nemesis on their home turf, having not beat them their in 12 years!!

Looking flat and uncertain in a tight first half. Losing the clearances and stoppages. Umpires raping us.

To finish with 8 unanswered goals, simply brilliant effort

Special recognition to Ricky Dyson who took 2 telling marks in the dying minutes of the third qtr and David Hille who bagged 2 crucial goals during the same period of time giving us the momentum going into the last

We have 4 tough matches ahead of us but play with that determination and we shoulf do better than expected.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Our Best Win of the Year

Post by Jazz_84 »

19 goals without Hurley, Crameri or Ryder is pretty bloody good add Zaka to that aswell if you want

4 from 4 interstate now, can't complain about that
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Oh please. We beat up on a bunch of witches hats, and it took us all day to do so.

Even to compare it to the wins over West Coast, and Carlton is fanciful at best. We would have been smashed by a top 8 side today.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robbie67 wrote:Oh please. We beat up on a bunch of witches hats, and it took us all day to do so.

Even to compare it to the wins over West Coast, and Carlton is fanciful at best. We would have been smashed by a top 8 side today.
That's how it sounded via radio. Now if the Q4 had happened in the Q1, it'd be a different story.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

robbie67 wrote:Oh please. We beat up on a bunch of witches hats, and it took us all day to do so.

Good win. But. THIS.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

How predictable. Don't you ever enjoy a win??
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

rockhole wrote:

Us beating West Coast in the condition they were in that night was a certainty. Carlton have shown us how crap they really are. These witches hats almost toasted us at Etihad earlier this year (and generally have in years past)

No sorry Grinch/Scrooge whatever you want to call yourself. This is the one
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Of course I enjoyed it. I just dont buy in to the hyperbole. But if you want to get all "Don King" about it Rocky, be my guest. :wink:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
rockhole wrote:

Us beating West Coast in the condition they were in that night was a certainty. Carlton have shown us how crap they really are. These witches hats almost toasted us at Etihad earlier this year (and generally have in years past)

Look, I know you probably didnt watch the game, but go have a look at their list. You will see they had more out than even we did. But go ahead, make a moron of yourself. It comes naturally.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

The West Coast game was a beauty they have been winning games and are sitting 2nd with pretty much the same team as when we beat them, their outs are long term and havn't got them back yet

West Coast win was the best for sure, we made them look second rate, when they clearly arn't
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Have to agree with the pessimists on this one.

I thought we played absolute crap for three quarters. We were just lucky that they were just as bad. Very poor standard game. Lots of errors, fumbles, dreadful umpiring. One of the worst games I've seen in a long time. Maybe someone who was at the ground can explain this - very windy & wet & slippery??

If we play like this again in coming weeks against the likes of Geelong, Hawthorn & Collingwood, we will be blown right out of the water.

Maybe it was the conditions. Even individual players like Myers and Heppell, who got plenty of the ball, kept fumbling or giving it straight to the oppositon or simply taking the wrong option, over and over again. TB got a bucketload of hitouts but 3/4 of them seemed to go straight to the opposition!!

On the bright side...Gumby presented well, Hibberd was good until injured and Howlett did a lot of nice things.

A win is a win but to call this our best win of the year is plain ridiculous.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Never mind Windy, if GC beat Richmond today, I will bow to you, and agree it was GC's best win of the season. "No doubt about it".
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I enjoyed the win, but for it to be our best win for the season, they should've blown them away early in the game.
The uncertainty (via radio admittedly) that they played with early on shouldn't happen against teams as bad as Port. They had major outs also.
Cassisi, Rodan, Schulz, Gray? Who else?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
rockhole wrote:

Look, I know you probably didnt watch the game, but go have a look at their list. You will see they had more out than even we did. But go ahead, make a moron of yourself. It comes naturally.
You have the manner of an idiot - full of sound and fury but alas, signifying nothing. Did you watch the St Kilda game? Oh, yeah, we were bringing some white hot form into this game. When exactly have Port been our witches hats????? Their team is avergae but did you know they were leading at the 28 minute mark of the third quarter?? We were missing probably 5 of our top 10 players, trailing, key players not playing well and we won by 50 points

Seriously Robbie, I know you love to play the gnarly old grump of Bombertalk but sometimes you just sound stupid. Give credit where its due, just occasionally
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Windy_Hill wrote:When exactly have Port been our witches hats????? Their team is avergae but did you know they were leading at the 28 minute mark of the third quarter?? We were missing probably 5 of our top 10 players, trailing, key players not playing well and we won by 50 points

Seriously Robbie, I know you love to play the gnarly old grump of Bombertalk but sometimes you just sound stupid. Give credit where its due, just occasionally
That is exactly why it was a LONG way from our best win this season. We played one good quarter.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ossie wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:When exactly have Port been our witches hats????? Their team is avergae but did you know they were leading at the 28 minute mark of the third quarter?? We were missing probably 5 of our top 10 players, trailing, key players not playing well and we won by 50 points

That is exactly why it was a LONG way from our best win this season. We played one good quarter.

Tell that to the 84 Premiership team
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Yeah, I'm the idiot. You start a thread called our best of the win year, and then start the dialogue with "No doubt about it". Just want to check that we did play a team that was 4 from 14, and with a long injury list themselves? Really can be "no doubt it" can it you retard?

I knew you didnt watch it Mr Hyperbole.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote: Tell that to the 84 Premiership team
haha, you really have lost it haven't you?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote: Tell that to the 84 Premiership team
haha, you really have lost it haven't you?

did you have to dart out and change your bag Robbie.....
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:Yeah, I'm the idiot. You start a thread called our best of the win year, and then start the dialogue with "No doubt about it". Just want to check that we did play a team that was 4 from 14, and with a long injury list themselves? Really can be "no doubt it" can it you retard?

I knew you didnt watch it Mr Hyperbole.
I believe Melbourne was 0-10 or whatever they were when the beats us? So whats your point? All of a sudden ladder position means something but when I say we have a tough run coming up you dismiss ladder position as being a pointless argument

Get your stories straight old fellah - you cant have it both ways