Next Round

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Next Round

Post by rockhole »

We have an extraordinary round coming up whereby four of the games next week involve the top eight teams playing each other.

Geelong v. Essendon
Adelaide v. WC
Coll. v. Hawthorn
Swans v. St. Kilda

Which, of course, menas that 4 teams in the eight are going to suffer losses.

Yet another opportunity for us to cement our position in the eight and give top 4 a shake.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Next Round

Post by bomberdonnie »

Have fun tipping
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Have fun tipping
Reckon our game is the only difficult one of that lot to tip.

WC have too many injuries/suspensions and will struggle in Adelaide, Swans are flying so you have to tip them, and Collingwood should beat Hawthorn with no Franklin and with a day's extra break.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

North v Richmond is another game that will shape the 8. I think that's the hardest game to tip of the round.

I think we will beat Geelong pretty easily.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Have fun tipping
Reckon our game is the only difficult one of that lot to tip.

WC have too many injuries/suspensions and will struggle in Adelaide, Swans are flying so you have to tip them, and Collingwood should beat Hawthorn with no Franklin and with a day's extra break.
Good luck :lol:

I tipped 4 this week so pretty much time to throw in the towel
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

If we lose to Geelong with the way they are currently playing, I would be extremely disappointed, notwithstanding the blokes we have missing.

Can't afford to drop this one, with games against the Hawks and Adelaide coming up two weeks after this game.

Also is this our first Friday night game of the year?

Plenty of Saturday night games, but I can't remember us having played a Friday night game yet this year, which goes to show how far we have fallen, since Friday night footy is the bread & butter of the broadcasters and as such they want the top teams playing in most of them.
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

BERT wrote:North v Richmond is another game that will shape the 8. I think that's the hardest game to tip of the round.

I think we will beat Geelong pretty easily.
On form north melbourne
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ealesy wrote:If we lose to Geelong with the way they are currently playing, I would be extremely disappointed, notwithstanding the blokes we have missing.

Can't afford to drop this one, with games against the Hawks and Adelaide coming up two weeks after this game.

Also is this our first Friday night game of the year?

Plenty of Saturday night games, but I can't remember us having played a Friday night game yet this year, which goes to show how far we have fallen, since Friday night footy is the bread & butter of the broadcasters and as such they want the top teams playing in most of them.
Saturday night is the 2nd most popular time slot they demand teams play in.

We've owned that time slot. Make of that what you want.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Last time we played the Cats we were $8.50 to a buck ten. (we actually went out to $12.50 after they kicked the first 3, very tasty) We are now favourites at $1.80 v. $2.20.

How times have changed.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Franklin or not, I think Hawthorn will probably put up a real show against the Pies (if not win). They are favorites on the tote.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I'm still not sold on Hawthorn as I think that they have had a relatively easy draw.

I'll be picking Collingwood to win that one.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Hawthorn has played 1 team that was in the top 8 at their time of playing in the last 9 weeks and lost it

might loss this game simply not being hardened to a quality side
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Since Hawthorn lost to Richmond about 6 or 7 weeks ago they haven't looked like losing. In fact they have been smashing teams every week. They can't help who they have been drawn to play. Should be a great game even without Franklin.