Essendon v Geelong Pre-Game / Match Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Essendon v Geelong Pre-Game / Match Thread

Post by paddyl90 »

Feeling pretty good about tomorrow night that we will get the job done. I still haven't lost my respect for Geelong as a team but they are slowly fading from the great team they once were. Crameri will be a big in, just hope he is fit and firing tomorrow night. Interesting to see how Gumby and Crameri work together in the forward line for the first time in a proper AFL match. The key will be the first quarters, Geelong are not the best this year at first quarters, and we have the ability to pile on the goals quickly. If it's scrappy and tight early on and we've missed a lot of gettable shots at goal, I will be very worried for the rest of the game.

Thoughts and predictions?

I think our run will be get us over the line, in a dog fight or a decent 4-6 goal win.

Essendon by 25
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Re: Essendon v Geelong Pre-Game / Match Thread

Post by gumbyisback »

we won last time with waston and nlm not playing. This time NLM is playing could be the difference.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gumbyisback wrote:we won last time with waston and nlm not playing. This time NLM is playing could be the difference.
In what way moron?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I reckon we will lose.

Geelong have the blow torch on them and have plenty to prove for a lot of reasons.

Can see us being 1.7.13 at quarter time and have zero confidence for the rest of the game
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

bomberdonnie wrote:I reckon we will lose.

Geelong have the blow torch on them and have plenty to prove for a lot of reasons.

Can see us being 1.7.13 at quarter time and have zero confidence for the rest of the game
More "faith" needed BD!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

gumbyisback wrote:we won last time with waston and nlm not playing. This time NLM is playing could be the difference.
So you reckon NLM will be Super Sub and then blitz them just after half time? It could happen.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

rockhole wrote:

More "faith" needed BD!!
That is me having faith
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:

More "faith" needed BD!!
I told him that after last week, but he obviously ignored me. Which is probably a sensible thing to do.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Baguley on Johnson?

IIRC last year Pig played on him and apart from several minutes of umpire love, Johnson didn't do a lot.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

About to head off to the 'Dome.

Given up forecasting after Dees and Saints so just hoping.

Massive ramifications for our final position. Most calcs see us at fouth if we win and a couple clear of the pack.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark