Hille V Bellchambers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Hille V Bellchambers

Post by robbie67 »

I think the people in the Hille camp need to re-assess. Great servant of the club, but Bellchambers is a long way past him now.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hille V Bellchambers

Post by bomberdonnie »

Yeah he is gawn when Ryder is back... Has done a few good things since his return but has done nothing outside that
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

David Hille is a wonderful Essendon person.

But....Big Belly and Big Joe next year with Paddy Ryder.

Can't see there being room.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Apart from a couple of good things tonight, he was deadset horrible.

If he has another shocker next week, I'll be concerned that he can't sustain top quality football against the better teams any longer.
Essendunny
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

He was terrible tonight but his previous couple of games he has been good. You would think Bellchambers has gone past him now but I still think there is a spot on the list for him. Look at what's happened to Carlton's ruck stocks for this week.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

ZeroEffect wrote:He was terrible tonight but his previous couple of games he has been good. You would think Bellchambers has gone past him now but I still think there is a spot on the list for him. Look at what's happened to Carlton's ruck stocks for this week.
I thought he was awful last week until he saved himself with a couple of late goals. His first halves are the major concern, the pace of the game seems to have passed him by.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Hille had absoulutely no influence on the game.When he had a chance to be involved, he spilled an easy mark and jumped at shadows.

At least Bellchambers has been rucking well, and when moving forward making a contest and kicking goals.

He didn't appear overwhelmed by the reputation of the oppositon . I can't remember the last time Hille played a good game v great opposition.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

bueller wrote:Hille had absoulutely no influence on the game.When he had a chance to be involved, he spilled an easy mark and jumped at shadows.

At least Bellchambers has been rucking well, and when moving forward making a contest and kicking goals.

He didn't appear overwhelmed by the reputation of the oppositon . I can't remember the last time Hille played a good game v great opposition.
Mmmm - rucking well does not mean getting first hand to the ball.

Belly has a lot to learn about putting the ball to your team's advantage. Geelong roved to him tonight -as they had a witches hat in the ruck - and smashed us at the clearances.

What he did do well was play in front on the forward line. Football fundamental - lesson #1 - Perhaps he could share this secret with his team mates - while they explain to him how to tap the ball to their advantage.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:Apart from a couple of good things tonight, he was deadset horrible.

correct. f****** awful.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Glad someone brought up Hille.

He is useless.

Body language was pathetic. I watched him closely for the whole night and have not one reason why he should be in the team once Ryder comes back.

He was not even a presence down forward. He didn't lead, he didn't run, he stayed still, if he missed a ball he'd just give up.

Bellchambers is that far in front of him it's a joke.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Love Hille but the time has come and gone for him... he jumps waaaay to early in the ruck and last night even went to ground after the jump..... seconds efforts, well there were none

If Belly can fix up his tap work he will be a massive asset
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Bit of that and a bit of our players reading his taps better than the opposition. We really struggle when any of our plans go to water. He just kept tapping it to the sames spots all night
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
Bit of that and a bit of our players reading his taps better than the opposition. We really struggle when any of our plans go to water. He just kept tapping it to the sames spots all night
also tapping backwards where he can't see quite a bit
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Jazz_84 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
also tapping backwards where he can't see quite a bit
True on both counts.

We lack a 'plan B' in most areas of our game and Belly is a prime example.

From half time onwards he could have/should have tried thumping the ball to our advantge - ala Clark Keating or chose a point - forward of play - that he would target. No two consecutive taps were the same and no two consecutive taps were taken by us - even though he won 90% of them.

I know we have the great man - Simon Madden - as his coach - Mantis needs to get to work big time with belly.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Agree. As I said elsewhere, outside of the odd good thing, Hille is too slow or does something retarded.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Hille has been a terrific player for the club. He had a great year when Lloydy ripped his hammy off the bone in 2006. Unfortunately it looks like his time is up and I doubt he'll go on, either voluntarily or via a tap on the shoulder.

A great Bomber soldier...

Tom Bellchambers has earned the spot without any free rides.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Has looked very slow and tired since coming back into the team.
Also looks worried that he might be reported (given his history and the weird stuff the MRP cites these days).
I noticed him hanging back/holding back from tackles or bumps quite a few times.
Is he still carrying some kind of injury or just run out of steam as a player?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Hille is gone. Just way too slow. His value has never been in the ruck contests per se (he's only ever been serviceable) but his ability to run around the ground and link like a midfielder, or sometimes play forward and provide a target. He's largely lost that ability.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

The Fly wrote:Hille has been a terrific player for the club. He had a great year when Lloydy ripped his hammy off the bone in 2006. Unfortunately it looks like his time is up and I doubt he'll go on, either voluntarily or via a tap on the shoulder.

A great Bomber soldier...

Tom Bellchambers has earned the spot without any free rides.
Great post.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Hille had a shocker. As was said above he looked very slow and when he didn't mark it his second efforts were horrible.

Good to see bellchambers kick some goals. Just need to improve his tapping efficiency and he will be a great asset. Sooner we get him and ryder back to being our ruck combo the better.