Josh Caddy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Josh Caddy

Post by robbie67 »

I know that the club line is that we have to be like Geelong, and build our own mid-field, but we just dont have the top end talent on the list to do this. Caddy has to be a major priority, and we may have to give up something good to get him.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Josh Caddy

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:I know that the club line is that we have to be like Geelong, and build our own mid-field, but we just dont have the top end talent on the list to do this. Caddy has to be a major priority, and we may have to give up something good to get him.
Hooker? Oh you said something good
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

bomberdonnie wrote:
robbie67 wrote:I know that the club line is that we have to be like Geelong, and build our own mid-field, but we just dont have the top end talent on the list to do this. Caddy has to be a major priority, and we may have to give up something good to get him.
Hooker? Oh you said something good
Hooker might want to find some other team colours after tonights effort.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Matthews was spot on about Hooker tonight. When he plays on the athletic types, he looks ok, but he looks completely out of his depth against the "power" blokes.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Gold Coast can have David Myers and our second round pick.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Caddy will be at Essendon. If we can't arrange an appropriate trade with a bloke who actually wants to come here and the club who is desperate to get him, then something is drastically wrong.

Please off Monfries (hopefully he still has the football world bluffed) and I don't care what else.
Essendunny
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

BenDoolan wrote:Caddy will be at Essendon. If we can't arrange an appropriate trade with a bloke who actually wants to come here and the club who is desperate to get him, then something is drastically wrong.

Please off Monfries (hopefully he still has the football world bluffed) and I don't care what else.
Sure sheeds would want him at GWS??
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

bombercol wrote:Gold Coast can have David Myers and our second round pick.
f*** off myers tried his heart out tonight more than i can say about monfries and melksham.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

gumbyisback wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Caddy will be at Essendon. If we can't arrange an appropriate trade with a bloke who actually wants to come here and the club who is desperate to get him, then something is drastically wrong.

Sure sheeds would want him at GWS??
No doubt but Caddy doesn't play for them so it is kind of a moot point
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

That ****tard that manages him and Judd, said this week, that Caddy looks like staying at GC.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:

That ****tard that manages him and Judd, said this week, that Caddy looks like staying at GC.
Well, surely the bloke (if he seriously wants to come to Melbourne and wants to play with us) will tell his manager to get the deal done.
Essendunny
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

gumbyisback wrote:
f*** off myers tried his heart out tonight more than i can say about monfries and melksham.
Been reading some of your posts and you really don't impress me.

Myers, like every player who plays a game of footy tries their hearts out. My opinion is more often than not Myers lets himself down with poor decision making and disposal. For a high draft player we should be getting more. He would still have some currency and quite frankly I think he would be easily covered if not here.

Monfries had a quiet game but was his first game back after a few weeks. He gets bagged out a lot here for some reason really I'd much rather him wearing our colours than another clubs.

I just don't get the Melksham bashing though. The player is still young, has heaps of ability, does a lot of good things and is an important part of this club going forward. Shit, I think we can afford him to have the odd shit game. He's still learning his trade.

So you can f*** off.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

gumbyisback wrote:

Im amazed at your posting to date.

Seems everyone who has "a crack" is winner material for you (see NLM)...but guess what if you cant kick the f***'n thing or handball like a retard your a as useless as midget with a yo-yo.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

We aint getting anyone of any talent from anywhere.

We will talk it up - posture and bluff - the clock will tick down in trade week - and we will emerge with 5/8's of f***all.

Catch and kill our own. Need to move out 3 to 5. Big Joe is ours - hopefully we can snag a couple through rookie listing some VFL guys who look to have something - and pick up a couple of TAC kids.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
gumbyisback
Top Up Player

Post by gumbyisback »

bombercol wrote:
gumbyisback wrote:

Myers, like every player who plays a game of footy tries their hearts out. My opinion is more often than not Myers lets himself down with poor decision making and disposal. For a high draft player we should be getting more. He would still have some currency and quite frankly I think he would be easily covered if not here.

Monfries had a quiet game but was his first game back after a few weeks. He gets bagged out a lot here for some reason really I'd much rather him wearing our colours than another clubs.

I just don't get the Melksham bashing though. The player is still young, has heaps of ability, does a lot of good things and is an important part of this club going forward. Shit, I think we can afford him to have the odd shit game. He's still learning his trade.

So you can f*** off.
Melkshams attack at the ball tonight was weak as piss. No defensive effort either.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

gumbyisback wrote:
bombercol wrote:
gumbyisback wrote:

So you can f*** off.
Melkshams attack at the ball tonight was weak as piss. No defensive effort either.
So - not too different to your posts here.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Jazz/Megan. Is there any way to get an ignore feature on this board?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

hop wrote:We aint getting anyone of any talent from anywhere.

We will talk it up - posture and bluff - the clock will tick down in trade week - and we will emerge with 5/8's of f***all.

Catch and kill our own. Need to move out 3 to 5. Big Joe is ours - hopefully we can snag a couple through rookie listing some VFL guys who look to have something - and pick up a couple of TAC kids.
Agreed.
Caddy aint gonna be the saviour anyway. We need more than just one extra gun midfielder. You can't realistically hope to trade for more than one gun player, so the answer is to develop a group together. It'll take time and luck. And hopefully by the time we get them all together we'll still have the other good players in the team.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

BERT wrote:Jazz/Megan. Is there any way to get an ignore feature on this board?
Don't worry Bert, he's gone.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Gossy7 wrote:
BERT wrote:Jazz/Megan. Is there any way to get an ignore feature on this board?
Don't worry Bert, he's gone.
Why?

He was clearly an idiot but what 'rule' did he break? Or did I miss something?