BomberBlitz

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

BomberBlitz

Post by gringo »

I had a look at the Bomberblitz website the other day and it was interesting to note that the discussions and views on Essendon almost identically mirrored those being discussed on this forum. However the traffic rolling through BomberBlitz was far greater than visits this site. Any ideas on why that is the case?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: BomberBlitz

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah dunno, BB is the most official site i guess with the EFC reading and interacting with them, be surprised if they even know about little old BT

i couldn't handle reading all that crap, they get 10 pages per thread in a day
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I know that we occassionally fly off on tangents but over at BB it is an artform. Most threads rarely stick to thje subject but digress into smartarse comments and finally, abuse.

BB is no doubt the unofficial club site but FFS there is a lot of crap written and a vast collection of emptyheads from the Facebook/Titter universe.

I'd settle for our mob any day.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Being the official or unofficial page is always going to attract the dickheads, so I'm happy to be neither. Larger forums will also always attract trolls first because they want a bigger audience. Smaller forums are harder to get into 'cliques' which chase a lot of people away.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

They are the Big W, to our Louis Vuitton.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

They are a Holden Kingswood to our Ferrari!! :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Filthy is on there. Nuff said.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Some good posters on blitz. I have an account which I use sometimes.

And it's all essendon. Can't Be bad thing.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

little_ripper wrote: I have an account which I use sometimes.
Says it all really.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

They are the fake Rolex to our real Rolex. Looks almost as good, but will inevitably give you the shits.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

IMO Blitz tends to cover a lot more areas than we do on here and also seem to have quite a few posters with what appears to be a greater knowledge of the inner workings of the club.

I must admit that I tend to spend more time over there now and as I have got used to their "style" I have learned which threads are worth following and which aren't.

I don't view either site as better than the other...they're just different.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

swoodley wrote:
And by different you mean we're better, yes? ;) We're better 'cause I'm here ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

swoodley wrote:IMO Blitz tends to cover a lot more areas than we do on here and also seem to have quite a few posters with what appears to be a greater knowledge of the inner workings of the club.

A lot of people that talk shit and pretend to have greater knowledge of the inner workings of the club.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gimps wrote:
swoodley wrote:IMO Blitz tends to cover a lot more areas than we do on here and also seem to have quite a few posters with what appears to be a greater knowledge of the inner workings of the club.

A lot of people that talk shit and pretend to have greater knowledge of the inner workings of the club.
And that response is one of the reasons I spend more time there.

What is the need to continually bad mouth other things?

I just feel that this place has taken on a much more negative feel in recent months and I don't understand why.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:
Gimps wrote:

I just feel that this place has taken on a much more negative feel in recent months and I don't understand why.
And by 'I don't understand why' you mean because of Gimps yes?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bomberdonnie wrote:
swoodley wrote:
Gimps wrote:

And by 'I don't understand why' you mean because of Gimps yes?
To be honest BD...I'm actually referring to a whole host of posts from a wide variety of posters....there's just a whole heap of negativity in any number of threads.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

swoodley wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Ha. Good one. If you believe half the shit those muppets say about the "inner sanctum" of the club, you Sir, you are deluded. Just a bunch of people that know about as much as we do, but take the time put on a facade..

And yes, it would seem a tad more negative here, as we are not deluded, we are realists when it comes to assessing our chances - well, most of us.

I can guarantee the ratio of posts/ shit posts is much higher over on BB. Spend half of your time sifting through puss until you find something of note.
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

robbie67 wrote:
little_ripper wrote: I have an account which I use sometimes.
Says it all really.
LOL
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

There are some great posters on there but there are some absolute farksticks on there too; guess the same with any forum. Some people on there just take themselvs too seriously - elitists 'whose shit don't stink' and their cliques will shout down anyone who disagrees with these particular posters.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

swoodley wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Sadly I agree with this.