tickets!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

tickets!

Post by sconsey »

Three weeks ago I tried booking tickets for the Essendon V Hawks game and couldnt get any...Now I check today and all that is available is standing room only... Surely there should have been tickets available three weeks ago? Or is this game completely sold out? Any chance of winging it and tickets being available at the game? Sorry been living in QLD for the last 6 years, and is much easier to get hands on tickets!!
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: tickets!

Post by Gyoza »

Hmm yeah...just tried to get a seat with an AFL membership and had no luck. If it's already sold out it's stupid that it's at Etihad. There's been zero media to say that tickets are not availalbe.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

Some tickets are released on the Friday two weeks before the game on Level 3.
Hence why no tickets three weeks ago and now only standing room.

You could buy standing room and then try a snag a no shows seat
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Hmm will try at a Ticketek office tomorrow. If that still doesn't work will just show up at Etihad at 5:30 on Friday....quite often seems to be something going when it's just the one seat.

If all of that fails I'll just go home and watch the flogging from there.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Just grab standing room. Get there early, got to the bar behind the goals on level 2, and watch it from behind the glass. A better view than the cheap seats at the top of level 3, and you've got a bar in close proximity.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Thanks fellas. Yeah, heading up with about 6 or 7 of us, so wont be a chance to snag a single seat. Might just have to go standing room, and hope im still standing by the end of the night :D 5 essendon supporters and 2 hawks...I was confident a few weeks ago when we were talking about going to this game, now im not so sure. But in saying that...I've only ever gone to one or two games that Essendon has lost...Thats including a couple ANZAC matches. So maybe I might be the good luck charm!!!! Heres hoping!
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Yes, it's a disgrace the game is at Docklands. There would be 65,000+ if the game was at the MCG. Exactly how long is it until the contract that binds us to Docklands expires? The ethos of AFL is that if you want to go and see a couple of Melbourne clubs battling it out, you should be able to purchase a ticket that entitles you to do so (finals excepted). Essendon playing other big Melbourne clubs at Docklands prevents that from happening.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Standing room there isn't too bad, done it the last couple of games.

I think it's ridiculous that tickets are released in bunches. Just release them all at once for first-in, best served, rather than lucky log-ins.

We got tickets to this one early last week.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Think the last time they did it, both teams were undefeated (around Round 8 ). I remember people cracking it back then.

Doesn't hurt Essendon members with a reserved seat though..
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Gee.

I remember when the club put it to members to vote for the move to Docklands - that games of this nature would be automatically moved back to the 'G'. :roll:

You'll probably find Gringo that the fine print in our agreement has us domiciled at Docklands until 2050 at which point we then become liable for all its debts and refurbishments.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

hop wrote:Gee.

I remember when the club put it to members to vote for the move to Docklands - that games of this nature would be automatically moved back to the 'G'. :roll:

You'll probably find Gringo that the fine print in our agreement has us domiciled at Docklands until 2050 at which point we then become liable for all its debts and refurbishments.

There was also a priority period where only Essendon members could book tickets for all Essendon games. That went away quickly as well.

I don't have a problem with this game being at the dome. It's mainly Hawks supporters that can't get a ticket and they sell games to Tassie. They should be contacting their club about the 3 home games they can't access rather than the 1 away game they can't get into.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

hop wrote:Gee.

Hahaha. You've got a bit more "bottom" to you these days Hop, as Francis Urquhart of House of Cards would say. Amusing stuff.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Tickets booked, standing room. Never been to the dome. Only ever been to our big games at the G, or to the gabba and Metricon. So will be interesting none the less! Looking forward to it, but do wish a little bit of commonsense prevailed and they moved this game. Was a bit suprised when I checked the venue a few weeks ago. Im expecting a touch up, but, I would not be suprised if we came home with the points. Either way Im coming home sotally tober! last weekend of freedom then 4 weeks away at the mines!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Standing room only available but less than 45K in the crowd. Reserved seating garbage. :evil:
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

F111 wrote:Standing room only available but less than 45K in the crowd. :evil:
Seriously wtf???
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

F111 wrote:Standing room only available but less than 45K in the crowd. Reserved seating garbage. :evil:
Yeah, doesn't look to be working very well at all. I got a standing room ticket and it was quite crowded all the way around the ground at the back of level 1...yet there were clear spaces all over the place up in the level 3 seats. After half time I headed up and just grabbed a seat (they'd stopped checking tickets by then).
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

It's members that don't turn up or don't sit in their seats. I was in a function tonight, gave my M'ship to the old man, he went with my bro. My bro & I have seats together. There's two seats that would be empty, they would've been in the bar up until they left 10mins into the 3rd quarter.

Those 2 seats are empty just about every game. We prefer to stand and watch it from the bar. Plus, the members that are located around our seats are f***tards.
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

BomberinJapan wrote:
F111 wrote:Standing room only available but less than 45K in the crowd. Reserved seating garbage. :evil:
Yeah, doesn't look to be working very well at all. I got a standing room ticket and it was quite crowded all the way around the ground at the back of level 1...yet there were clear spaces all over the place up in the level 3 seats. After half time I headed up and just grabbed a seat (they'd stopped checking tickets by then).
More likely they let you in, figuring you'd suffered enough, and the pain of watching another hour of that tripe was punishment enough :)