We're shit

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

We're shit

Post by boncer34 »

Apologies to all who I've tried to argue the opposite of the above statement to.

We are a terrible terrible football side.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
npskinner
Top Up Player

Re: We're shit

Post by npskinner »

Id imagine with Stanton Zaha and Howlett alone we would have won comfortably today.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

npskinner wrote:Id imagine with Stanton Zaha and Howlett alone we would have won comfortably today.
Well, you'd f****** want to with an extra man for three quarters, but I wouldnt count ot those three to solve our kicking problems. Which is what cost us today.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

npskinner wrote:Id imagine with Stanton Zaha and Howlett alone we would have won comfortably today.
I'd imagine with Adams and Wells they would have smashed us more.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

We're a work in progress. Need to trade for a gun midfielder and pray for some relief from injuries.

Hird has one more year on his contract and frankly if they don't make some headway next year I have no idea what we have to do. I fear that there is a lot of Richmond about this football club at the moment.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

JockStrap wrote:We're a work in progress. Need to trade for a gun midfielder and pray for some relief from injuries.

Hird has one more year on his contract and frankly if they don't make some headway next year I have no idea what we have to do. I fear that there is a lot of Richmond about this football club at the moment.
Coaching and game plan is fine.

It's the inability to hit a target 15 metres away that is killing us.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

boncer34 wrote:
JockStrap wrote:We're a work in progress. Need to trade for a gun midfielder and pray for some relief from injuries.

Isn't that ultimately a coaching issue?
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

JockStrap wrote:
boncer34 wrote:

Isn't that ultimately a coaching issue?
Especially since they've already proven in the first half of the season that they can do it.
To me it says the team aren't getting the best out of themselves - coaching issue.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Correct. We're shit. But don't worry, we have Dyson and Slattery waiting in the wings. And Prismall! And Myers! And Hooker! We haven't improved on where we were 10 years ago.

I am actually starting to get nervous now about Hird's plan just to "teach" everyone, rather than making big changes to list. How the f*** can you teach someone like Travis Colyer to kick when he's been playing the game for 15 years and 1 in every 5 kicks is a drop punt? Same for Baguley and Lee. How can you teach Hardingham to kick or not panic every time he has the ball? How can you teach Jetta to be half bloody decent at anything?

We are crap, but at least i never bought into it so am probably not as disappointed as some others are around here.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

boncer34 wrote:

Coaching is fine? Was I watching a different game? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy didn't someone instruct our forwards to man up? ****** McMahon was as loose as Pamela Anderson's pussy all night! Make them accountable, then you might see them make mistakes.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We have a side full of very dumb footballers. Very rarely tonight did the pick the right target.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Correct. We're shit. But don't worry, we have Dyson and Slattery waiting in the wings. And Prismall! And Myers! And Hooker! We haven't improved on where we were 10 years ago.

I am actually starting to get nervous now about Hird's plan just to "teach" everyone, rather than making big changes to list. How the f*** can you teach someone like Travis Colyer to kick when he's been playing the game for 15 years and 1 in every 5 kicks is a drop punt? Same for Baguley and Lee. How can you teach Hardingham to kick or not panic every time he has the ball? How can you teach Jetta to be half bloody decent at anything?.
I think we will have to resort to technology to achive this - a K chip and a MU chip as what they did to Cartman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26oRZCLHR1M (now if someone could tell me how to post youtube!)
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

what is the game plan? cause i sure as hell don't know.... can't even hedge a guess these days

kick out from a behind we let the opposition man up before kicking out...
kick out to Belly or turn over
handball around until we turn it over
eventually get it to 70-80m out and then just bomb onto Jetta/Davey's head with 2 on them

WHY THE f*** DO WE KEEP KICKING TO JETTA AND DAVEY INSIDE 50??? THEY ARE f****** CRUMBERS!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

We had 9 players who managed above 70% disposal efficiency compared to 19. Should've been thrashed (TB & Jobe's efforts probably stopped a flogging) but it was only Norf who will get pummeled by the Filth next week. Totally off the idea of developing our own at the moment. If we paid our top 1/2 dozen market rates & cleared out the rest we could probably buy a decent side.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Correct. We're shit. But don't worry, we have Dyson and Slattery waiting in the wings. And Prismall! And Myers! And Hooker! We haven't improved on where we were 10 years ago.
:lol:
jimmyc1985 wrote:I am actually starting to get nervous now about Hird's plan just to "teach" everyone, rather than making big changes to list. How the f*** can you teach someone like Travis Colyer to kick when he's been playing the game for 15 years and 1 in every 5 kicks is a drop punt? Same for Baguley and Lee. How can you teach Hardingham to kick or not panic every time he has the ball? How can you teach Jetta to be half bloody decent at anything?
=D> I'm a bit worried about it to, but not surprised we haven't made huge improvements so far.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Oh, and the fact that we keep losing to that povo piece of shit team that get by on the shinboner spirit proves we are shit.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Jesus Christ did I overrate us or what? I'd love to be shit.
sydbomber
Top Up Player

Post by sydbomber »

at least shit has substance!!!
SYDBOMBER
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Can it be used to fertilise our new training facility at Tullamarine which will be up and ready for our pre-season in November?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

hop wrote:Can it be used to fertilise our new training facility at Tullamarine which will be up and ready for our pre-season in November?
I'll bring my shovel ... a few list cloggers could become useful
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)